PDA

View Full Version : oll malfuction

v88dx
02-18-2008, 5:46 PM
well went to the range this weekend with my recently build oll and i was havinig multiple ftf with it.
my set up is a cmmg lower, stag lpk, c products 10round mag ,prince 50 with stag upper, ammo was winchester 223 and wolf, neither would feed. first roudn would shoot the second would not chamber.then afterthe last round would not lock bolt to the rear.
has anyone had simmilar issued where should i start
thanks

Satex
02-18-2008, 5:51 PM
There are many threads in regard to this with good suggestions.

First, is the upper lubricated at all?

Second, did you confirm proper operation of the rifle without live ammo? The last round latch should be very easy to check with an empty magazine.

Did you try different magazines?

Also, Stag uppers had a history of a mysterious problem with their uppers which is fixed after being sent back for a quick repair. I believe the problem is related to the upper slide rails on the bolt carrier being a tad too tight.

gosparx
02-18-2008, 6:42 PM
IMO... I've found that with new builds if I really grease them up, far more so than I would a well broken-in gun or even a new factory gun, that they run smoother and have less problems.

Once they break in a little then I cut back down on the grease.

Spearo
02-18-2008, 7:03 PM
Build an AK, then you will have no problems.:D

FlyingPen
02-18-2008, 7:23 PM
Is there a guide for proper lubrication joints on an AR?

jacques
02-18-2008, 7:53 PM
Bushmaster Owners Manual.

http://www.ar15.com/content/

v88dx
02-18-2008, 11:05 PM
well it was lubed up pretty good, and when i try it at home with snap caps it locks on last round. gonna try again this weekend with new mag, more lube and hope it works

oaklander
02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Are the gaps in the gas rings lined up? (they shouldn't be)

arfan66
02-20-2008, 7:19 PM
With good ammo the gun will run even if the gaps are aligned.

You just need to get past the first 100-300 rds or so to break her in. Hand cycling the action a bunch helps along with a generous amount of lube.

Where to lube : A few drops on the rings, anywhere the parkerizing had worn on the bolt carrier, a couple drops on the cam pin, and of course the bolt lugs & barrel extension lugs.

Last round hold open : +1 lube the bolt catch mechanism & trying a different magazine/replace the mag spring. Hell, if your mag's in sad shape the feed lips might also cause the failure to feed issue.

Your results may vary......Good Luck

Jicko
02-20-2008, 7:23 PM
Is there a guide for proper lubrication joints on an AR?

See the link in my signature!!

jandmtv
02-20-2008, 7:58 PM
man, both of my cmmg uppers functioned flawlessly from day 1. never a problem with either one. Whats cmmg doing that stag isnt? people complaining about their stag uppers seems to be a common thing here.

v88dx
02-20-2008, 8:41 PM
after reading the m16 TM i have discovered that one of the troubleshooting for not feeding is to tighten or lossed catch release how tight should it be how many threads form showing on mag release
thanks

FlyingPen
02-20-2008, 9:34 PM
See the link in my signature!!

I read through the lubrication guide from Bushmaster but had a question about grease. I have some Enos Slide Guide I use on my sig on the rails and on my P-01. Does the same rule apply to AR-15's where you should apply grease where it's shiny?

I met up with the AR15barrels.com guy Randall (fantastic guy, does excellent work), to get some work done on my LMT upper and he recommended not using any grease at all, just oil or CLP.

CRTguns
02-20-2008, 9:39 PM
The p50 tneds to pull the mag to one side, causing misfeeding. Shim the right side of the mag w/ afew layers of duck tape (ya won;t see it) so it stays in the middle.

v88dx
02-20-2008, 9:42 PM
thanks for the tip with the tape will try it after if lub and mag release don't work

roor1200
02-20-2008, 11:45 PM
its been said but i agree on the lube part. i had similar issues and after i lubed up the upper, things ran fine after that.

Nick5811
02-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I had issues with the mag locking on the last round. I have a stag upper with a P50 but when I changed the mag, my problems stopped.

I like the lube up the rifle really good and cycle by hand a bit idea.

I like my stag.

low94noma
02-28-2008, 7:30 PM
Im not sure if you actually talking about the mag release button. If you are then the bolt threads should be flush with the surface of the mag release button.