PDA

View Full Version : HK 21 california legal?

virulosity
02-18-2008, 4:24 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=92104454

I don't think it is capable of accepting detachable magazines. Only belts.

brando
02-18-2008, 4:28 PM
Oh dude. Yeah, forget it. Besides it would be such a waste unless it was NFA in the first place.

ke6guj
02-18-2008, 4:36 PM
belts are considered magazines. So you would either have to set it up to have a non-detachable magazine (not sure how you would accomplish that), or go featureless (no PG or flashhider).

It was built on an FMP reciever so it is probably off-list, just need to comply with the features ban.

And belts can't be over 10-rounds, unless you owned them pre-ban, and you couldn't use 10+ round belts on a fixed mag build.

virulosity
02-18-2008, 4:37 PM
Why would it be a waste? I could make it hand crank with a gatling kit. I didn't realize belts were magazines. I thought they were the same as stripper clips as they have no springs to feed the ammunition.

aplinker
02-18-2008, 4:39 PM
You could just fill in the area between the PG and the stock with a wing and remove the FH.

Probably better choices out there, though.

rorschach
02-18-2008, 4:40 PM
^^^what he said^^^

Soon as I get my credit card paid off, I'm gonna be in the market for an HK21 kit for one of my extra PTR receivers. I plan to use a dummy HK flash hider and fabb up some sort of spade grip.

virulosity
02-18-2008, 4:43 PM
I guess I will have to settle for the MG42 with spade grips kit...

CSACANNONEER
02-18-2008, 4:45 PM
I believe that at least some 21s are capable of accepting box mags and belts. At least, the one my friend puts his registed trigger group in takes both.

adamsreeftank
02-18-2008, 9:05 PM
Why would it be a waste? I could make it hand crank with a gatling kit. I didn't realize belts were magazines. I thought they were the same as stripper clips as they have no springs to feed the ammunition.

Hand crank trigger actuators are illegal in CA. :(