PDA

View Full Version : looking for 10 round magazines

jojo760
02-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey all, I was wondering you anyone knows where I could find some 10 round magazines utilizing a 20 round body. I have 3 bushmasters like this, but can't seem to find them on anyone's website. Did they stop making them like that? I don't mind if the body is curved as the bushmasters were, but I prefer straight bodies.

dr.destruction
02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Check http://www.riflegear.com they have a 10 round magazine using a 20 round straight body

SDJim
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
There's always C Products www.cproductsllc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=cp&Product_Code=173&Category_Code=10rnd

Paratus et Vigilans
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Bushmaster sells steel staightbody 10/20's for CMP High Power competition. I've got eight of 'em, and they work great. Check their website.

The Bushmaster curved 10/20's made from aluminum with the black plastic floor plate are no longer being produced, or so I've been told. If you see any for sale, grab 'em. :)

shark92651
02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
The old style Bushmaster 10/20 curved magazines were great, but they are no longer being produced.

The Bushmaster 10 round magazines (short body) are actually produced by C Products and the only difference is the stamp on the floor plate and the price.

The Bushmaster 10/20 straight body magazines are actually Promag 10/20 and I carry those as well as the 10 round Bushmaster and 10 round C Products magazines.

isitkool
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Do the Promags from Bushmaster come with Magpul followers?

shark92651
02-18-2008, 12:01 PM

No, it's not anti-tilt. Some people report problems with them but most dont. You can always replace the followers if you need to, but you have to cut or file a small semi-circular hole on each side to get it to drop past the grooves in the magazine body that limit the capacity to 10 rounds. Here is a thread on how to do it:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49390&highlight=promag

I used to sell these mags with this modification in place but I just don't have time anymore and there is too much labor involved when making 50 at a time! Doing it on a couple mags for personal use, not so much :)

tenpercentfirearms
02-18-2008, 12:03 PM
C Products has been teasing us with some 10/20 magazines for a while. I will let all of you know when they finally come in.

Paratus et Vigilans
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM

I did the change-out from the green ones to the 5.56 Magpuls on a couple of mine, but it was more of a PITA than it was worth, and since I never have problems with the green followers anyway, I didn't do the rest of them. I'd rather spend the time loading rounds and shooting them!

isitkool
02-18-2008, 1:07 PM
No, it's not anti-tilt. Some people report problems with them but most dont. You can always replace the followers if you need to, but you have to cut or file a small semi-circular hole on each side to get it to drop past the grooves in the magazine body that limit the capacity to 10 rounds. Here is a thread on how to do it:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=49390&highlight=promag

I used to sell these mags with this modification in place but I just don't have time anymore and there is too much labor involved when making 50 at a time! Doing it on a couple mags for personal use, not so much :)

I missed out on those when you had them. Looks like I'll just have to wait for the C Products ones to come out.

aplinker
02-18-2008, 1:13 PM
There's really no issue with the Promags... shockingly ;)

I have several and none of them FTF. Only one has a Magpul.