PDA

View Full Version : Any PPsh-41 owners here?

bigthaiboy
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Just wondered whether anyone here has built a Ca legal PPsh-41?

InterOrdnance has the SR-41 receiver & 16" barrel combos for $200 : http://ioinc.us/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IO&Product_Code=SR41REC-BLACK&Category_Code=Long+Guns
and parts kits are still available. Allied Armaments carry 10rds magazines for the PPsh-41.
Below is an old ad from IO.

Just wondered whether these receivers are a basis for viable build, ie. a semi-auto bolt firing from a closed bolt conversion?

fal_762x51
02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
The IO PPSH is a peice of poo. It uses an AK type hammer design and it has a reputation of not working. You have the choice of WLA, AA, or Sherman (weaponner.net) that has ones that actually work. You could get IO's receiver and bolt, then convert a SKS trigger housing to it, that might work. I just have to weld the trunnion and get the bolt cut and I'm ready to rock.

VegasND
02-18-2008, 6:57 AM
Have you seen the offerings from Military Gun Supply?

http://www.gunboards.com/MGSOverviewOfSemiAutos.htm

jumbopanda
02-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Wow those prices aren't half bad. PKM group buy? :)

Max-the-Silent
02-18-2008, 3:08 PM
Best to avoid anything from IO - they just aren't trustworthy.

Okami
02-18-2008, 3:46 PM
PKM:iagree:

bigthaiboy
02-18-2008, 3:46 PM

Thanks for the link, I saw several months ago when MGS were taking pre-orders for the Wise Lite PPsh-41 ($700 to $800 at the time?), but $595 is actually a reasonable price compared to buying the necessary build parts seperately. Interesting.

sen24
02-18-2008, 4:13 PM
are they 28' or 30' overall length?

bigthaiboy
02-18-2008, 4:20 PM
An original soviet manufactured PPsh-41 out of the factory is 32.6", so added another couple more inches for the extended 16" barrel and shroud, and you've got the OAL of the Wise Lite carbine. No 30" OAL issues to worry about here.

bigthaiboy
02-18-2008, 5:06 PM
heres another one

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/ppsh41.html

Yes, I've seen the AA ones, but $1200 is a little too rich for a PPsh-41.

FEDUPWBS
02-18-2008, 5:43 PM
Wow those prices aren't half bad. PKM group buy? :)

That is the wholesale price fellas dont get too excited. HOWEVER I have been wanting one for awhile and for for several reasons. I think this might be my next group buy. Ill contact MGS in the morning and get details.
Post if your interested. Thanks, Jeff

VegasND
02-18-2008, 6:56 PM
Yes, I might be interested, but I'm in Las Vegas, not California; could I be part of this from out of state?

Also: Would it help you guys if we did this and I took delivery of magazines which could then be disassembled so you could get them as parts to make 10 round mags from OR would this be some 'conspiracy to avoid CA law' or some other damned thing?

That is the wholesale price fellas dont get too excited. HOWEVER I have been wanting one for awhile and for for several reasons. I think this might be my next group buy. Ill contact MGS in the morning and get details.
Post if your interested. Thanks, Jeff

FEDUPWBS
02-18-2008, 7:18 PM
Yes, I might be interested, but I'm in Las Vegas, Just go to the Citadel (off Famingo I think) and order one not California; could I be part of this from out of state? Probably not a problem
Also: Would it help you guys if we did this and I took delivery of magazines I have been denied 10 round mags in Ca from outside vendors which could then be disassembled so you could get them as parts to make 10 round mags from OR would this be some 'conspiracy to avoid CA law' or some other damned thing? Ca has no jurisdiction over you its legal where your at

Ill pyt on the list and thanks for the offer to help

Allied Armament
02-19-2008, 8:10 AM
Hey guys i'm a member of this board. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we are actually offering the ppsh's for $895 right now and they include a 2yr warranty, 1 stick mag, 2 71 round drum mags, a sling and a plastic gun case. Atlantic firearms has them in stock as well as we do to. Today we are actually submitting a letter to the DOJ of california for a CA approval, for which I don't think any other company has :eek: if you have any questions feel free to ask i'm here to help.

James Malarkey Pres.

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com

Oh ya and almost forgot i've ran group buys on here before, so that'd be no problem to put one together. !!!

FEDUPWBS
02-19-2008, 2:11 PM
Today we are actually submitting a letter to the DOJ of california for a CA approval, for which I don't think any other company has !!!

Let me know what they say?:beatdeadhorse5::rolleyes:

duenor
02-19-2008, 2:34 PM
james,

glad to see you here. I was on the waiting list from fall 2006 to fall 2007, when after many calls I was told that my original price of $795 would no longer be honored and the new price was $1000. the person who answered said that there had been so many problems with the design, and the fixes had been so costly, that there was no way now that AA could sell for less than 1k. at that I decided to have my name removed from the list.

I am glad to hear that things have changed. I'll give you a call later this week.

Kev

Hey guys i'm a member of this board. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we are actually offering the ppsh's for $895 right now and they include a 2yr warranty, 1 stick mag, 2 71 round drum mags, a sling and a plastic gun case. Atlantic firearms has them in stock as well as we do to. Today we are actually submitting a letter to the DOJ of california for a CA approval, for which I don't think any other company has :eek: if you have any questions feel free to ask i'm here to help.

James Malarkey Pres.

Allied Armament www.alliedarmament.com

Oh ya and almost forgot i've ran group buys on here before, so that'd be no problem to put one together. !!!

Allied Armament
02-19-2008, 8:13 PM
duenor, glad to be here. Like you said the price before was significantly higher and it mainly was a result of us trying to make up for the development and inventory holding cost. We realized at the previous price that they weren't selling at a reasonable rate so we evaluated what we needed to do to get in line with realistic pricing, and the first thing we did was do away with gunkoting the guns and just went to strait parkerizing (for which looks just as nice in mho) we also are only giving the gun one drum mag and one stick mag instead of two drums (which helped a little bit). The final piece of the puzzle was locking a significant source of parts kits, which was a nail in the coffin for the old price. Anyways, we should know in a couple days about the DOJ approval in CA, and this will be the first place we post it.

Actually I could use some help... In CA do we have to modify the magazine well so that it will only accept our 10 round mags or can we keep it configured so it can take original mags????

DJMAN
02-19-2008, 8:18 PM
10 round mags.:mad:

Allied Armament
02-20-2008, 9:25 AM
After reading the law it looks like we can keep the standard mag well. :)

Allied Armament
02-20-2008, 9:38 AM
The only part of the rifle we might have to change is where the muzzle ends inside the encased shroud, for which may be defined as a muzzle brake. If that is the case we will extend the barrel 1.5 more inches to pass the enclosure.

sen24
02-20-2008, 11:08 AM
muzzle brakes are ca legal.. flash suppressor are not. i always thought it was a muzzle brake on a ppsh.

Spiggy
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
http://www.ssroom.com/machine_guns.html

legal through and through

Allied Armament
02-20-2008, 5:24 PM
I think whoever you spoke to hasn't clearly read the law. Read the bold area below. The firearms can have a detachable magazine and after speaking to a very informative and well versed agent today he informed me that we can use the standard mag wells as long as we were only supplying 10 round magazines for the firearm. The agent stated that if the client was to posses a high cap magazine without proof of date of purchase I.E. before the ban than they would be in violation of the law, so the magwell is fine. So we were going to modify 30 round mags to permanantly only accept 10 rounds. I bolded two things below the firearm and pistol definition, for which can have a detachable magazines, dont the m1a's still use a magazine well as well as every single pistol other than a revolver! If muzzle brakes are allowed than were good to go, as the gases are only directed to reduce muzzle lift (a little design empliment my employee threw in) These rifle are really really accurate and have little to no recoil do to the design and the weight.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
(b) The Legislature finds a significant public purpose in exempting pistols that are designed expressly for use in Olympic target shooting events. Therefore, those pistols that are sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee and by USA Shooting, the national governing body for international shooting competition in the United States, and that are used for Olympic target shooting purposes at the time the act adding this subdivision is enacted, and that would otherwise fall within the definition of "assault weapon" pursuant to this section are exempt, as provided in subdivision (c).
(c) "Assault weapon" does not include either of the following:
(1) Any antique firearm.
(2) Any of the following pistols, because they are consistent with the significant public purpose expressed in subdivision (b):

Allied Armament
02-20-2008, 5:43 PM
Also "who did you talk to" was it a DOJ agent... or like your friend billy about the magazine well (sorry to sound sarcastic), but its a reasonable question.

PanzerAce
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
AA, if we order a PPSh through you, will you disassemble the hi-cap mags and still ship them?

Allied Armament
02-21-2008, 7:14 AM
NO! I don't even like anything that remotely comes close to violating the law or making the uncle upset. Uncle sam has power and money that I do not and I don't like taking risks that could bring me to financial ruin.

Bucc
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
who keeps reciets for 20 years or even ten years?

No kidding.
Or at all sometimes.
Private party dontchaknow.......

Allied Armament
02-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I've had a handful of customers tell me they have preban mags with receipts, they do exist, but i'll admit the only receipts I keep are for my business... and they go into an abyss.

As for the employee telling you no their not California legal, that is what she was told to say for the meantime until we make the judgement call. I'm almost a 100% sure these are california legal... So we'll get a group buy going here shortly! Now finding dealers to transfer them... might be a problem.:cool2:

Stormfeather
02-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I've had a handful of customers tell me they have preban mags with receipts, they do exist, but i'll admit the only receipts I keep are for my business... and they go into an abyss.

As for the employee telling you no their not California legal, that is what she was told to say for the meantime until we make the judgement call. I'm almost a 100% sure these are california legal... So we'll get a group buy going here shortly! Now finding dealers to transfer them... might be a problem.:cool2:

Not really, this is California, and we are CalGuns! We always find a way! Keep us in the loop in regards to the group buy!

Allied Armament
02-22-2008, 5:50 PM
Hello, my name is California I can have a detachable mag. hi cap ppsh41 rifle that comes with a ten round mag but I don't care.... Cause I have plenty of ar15's with fixed ten rounders.... Not passing judgement but do I really want to sell guns to a place that doesnt care for them? :confused:

Bishop
02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I too am interested in a group buy. :D

FEDUPWBS
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Hello, my name is California I can have a detachable mag. hi cap ppsh41 rifle that comes with a ten round mag but I don't care.... Cause I have plenty of ar15's with fixed ten rounders.... Not passing judgement but do I really want to sell guns to a place that doesnt care for them? :confused:

Its this attitude why I have decided NOT to buy an AA gun, sorry. I will Not deal w/ FFLs either that impose restrictions on us because they dont know the law.

JPglee1
02-22-2008, 10:54 PM
NO! I don't even like anything that remotely comes close to violating the law or making the uncle upset. Uncle sam has power and money that I do not and I don't like taking risks that could bring me to financial ruin.

Well

A) Uncle Sam has considered 11-100+ rd mags legal since September of 2005, remember :)

B) The DOJ doesnt care if you own 100 sets of rebuild kits as long as you dont ASSEMBLE them into additional hicaps that you didn't own.

Example: If your 41 kits/guns take STEN mags, I own (legally) 6 of the 32 round british mags and 2 of the indian 20rd conversions... I can use them legally in your 41 kits/guns. Once they wear out I can also legally rebuild them as long as I only have (8) mags when Im done... This cycle can carry on idefinitely.

You guys have NICE rifles...GOOD quality.

J

saki302
02-23-2008, 8:26 PM
You know you bought too many hi-caps in the 90's when you have mags you can no longer identify :D

I think I have some PPSH mags- at least that's what they look like. Dirt cheap back then too..

-Dave

duenor
02-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Allied,

Here's the bottom line.
-Your rifles are legal, as your PPSH does not have a pistol grip, flash suppressor, telescoping stock, forward pistol grip, or grenade launcher attached to it.
-If you modify your mag well so that it will only accept your 10 rnd magazines I will not buy it (and I doubt very many will, in any state). I own ppsh41 magazines acquired before the ban, and have cared for them carefully for many years waiting for a ppsh41 (I originally was going to build one myself, but then realized how hard it is for a guy with no machine shop experience). I am certain that I'm not the only one who thought ahead to buy PPSH mags before the ban.
- there is no law in CA that requires you to keep receipts for your magazines. such a law would be patently unenforceable as many receipts literally dissapear (go blank) in one or two years due to the ink sliding off the paper. anyone telling you that CA residents are guilty of a felony if they don't have papers for their magazines is making stuff up.

your rifle is essentially the same as a ruger pc9, pc40, or marlin camp9. it is a pistol caliber carbine, in a california-legal configuration.

now, that said.
what is your price, including shipping, to any FFL in CA?
and, what will this price include?
what is the disassembly procedure, especially with regards to corrosive ammo?
finally, what kind of warranty will you include with each firearm?

on our part, we have the FFLs who will receive and legally transfer these firearms covered.

thanks
kev

Steyr_223
02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
bumped for Allied.

NeoWeird
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey AA, have you thought about sending in a copy to the ATF to get recognized as a WWII accurate replica and thus gain C&R status? I can guarantee you that will double your sales right there, especially with the recent NFA discussions here and the number of C&R holders in the state.

ETA: what you also have to remember is that California gun owners don't want to own a "safety" ****ed weapon. Would you only offer rifles in post-ban configuration just to be on the safe side with all other states? Of course not. So why would you go even further and go out of your way, both money, work, and hassle wise just to be on the "safe" side when you original rifle is completely legal in it's current configuration? I also wouldn't hold your breath on the DOJ as I believe another manufacturer did the same thing, I believe it was Kel-tec but I could be wrong, and the DOJ basically responded by saying that without sample models they couldn't say if it was legal or not and then copied the CPC codes which you already posted and told them to use their judgment.

I can guarantee you that if you modify your gun in any way to make it a "California" model, you will lose 80% of your sales off the top. If you don't believe me, look at such guns as the Walther P22; while still a strong following many people won't touch them. Same thing goes for the Vulcan, Fab-10, and Bushmaster AR-15 style rifles. It's not because people want to break the law, but because many people plan on leaving the state at some point in time, or travel to family/friends in other states to shoot, or would rather know that they have the ability to restore the firearm to normal if our laws ever change (which with recent court cases like Heller is an increasing concern amoung gun owners). I understand your concern, but this is one of those cases where you are starting to be overly cautious to your detriment.

For the same reason stated above for rifles is the same reason why people want magazine parts kits. Many people own magazines, me included, that are high caps and we would like them repaired after 10+ years of not using them, or someone may want the ability to have magazines that may become rare down the line even if it means they have to keep them in parts while in the state. I am sure there are more than enough people out there who buy high cap mag parts kits, legally, take their guns out of state, assemble high cap mags, shoot out of state, take the mags apart, and then return to the state. 100% legal and a better way to enjoy their freedom and show non-violent anti-law demonstration without breaking the law. After all, isn't that why Calguns was formed? A California forum to keep people informed and legal while enjoying our sport/hobby to it's fullest? Isn't that why you are here? To offer your product to a larger audience and to keep our sport/hobby alive? I'd like to believe that anyone who enjoys firearms enough to get into the manufature of them would be a bit more understanding of 2A rights than the average Joe and I would imagine would be willing to, legally, help anyone in this regard.

Perhaps if offering items directly is a legal concern, you should have a middle man for California sales. For example, use person X to handle all orders to go through California. If anyone calls asking about firearms through California you can let them know that while you do not offer any items to California you refer everyone in California to person X as they will deal with California and you supply them directly. Then you don't need to worry about it at all.

Personally, I'd like to see your rifle in California. I'd like to own one eventually. At the same time though, I will never even touch a "California" model. I'd also like to note that several members on here have been arrested and charged with firearms violations, but no real Calguns member to my knowledge has been convicted of any crime in regards to what we are doing here. Our hole purpose is to keep shooters safe and to challenge the tyranical guns laws here. What you are talking about doing not only doesn't help us, but actually hurts our cause, and you will most likely lose all Calguns support. If you want to be the next Ruger, go ahead, but even Ruger is changing it's ways; which should tell you something.

Pulsar
02-24-2008, 11:18 PM
The IO PPSH is a peice of poo. It uses an AK type hammer design and it has a reputation of not working. You have the choice of WLA, AA, or Sherman (weaponner.net) that has ones that actually work. You could get IO's receiver and bolt, then convert a SKS trigger housing to it, that might work. I just have to weld the trunnion and get the bolt cut and I'm ready to rock.

Oh oh, I wanna see, my next trip home (eureka) is most likely gonna be because I'm buying a tig welder and storing it at the parents house (ok, I'll be honest, my dad really wants to use it), might be able to help ya out with the work :)

Allied Armament
02-26-2008, 4:33 PM
I'm a 100% sure these guns are California legal, and they need no modification.

Here is the price $895 shipping is about $20-40 comes with two 10 round magazines, a gun case and a two year warranty. We do not warranty your gun due to neglience I.E. improper cleaning, corrosive ammo has been a huge problem and if you don't clean the gun there will be direct results of which (its stated in the warranty).

Other than that, the guns should be good to go.

Now I just need ffls' to do the transfer.

Allied,

Here's the bottom line.
-Your rifles are legal, as your PPSH does not have a pistol grip, flash suppressor, telescoping stock, forward pistol grip, or grenade launcher attached to it.
-If you modify your mag well so that it will only accept your 10 rnd magazines I will not buy it (and I doubt very many will, in any state). I own ppsh41 magazines acquired before the ban, and have cared for them carefully for many years waiting for a ppsh41 (I originally was going to build one myself, but then realized how hard it is for a guy with no machine shop experience). I am certain that I'm not the only one who thought ahead to buy PPSH mags before the ban.
- there is no law in CA that requires you to keep receipts for your magazines. such a law would be patently unenforceable as many receipts literally dissapear (go blank) in one or two years due to the ink sliding off the paper. anyone telling you that CA residents are guilty of a felony if they don't have papers for their magazines is making stuff up.

your rifle is essentially the same as a ruger pc9, pc40, or marlin camp9. it is a pistol caliber carbine, in a california-legal configuration.

now, that said.
what is your price, including shipping, to any FFL in CA?
and, what will this price include?
what is the disassembly procedure, especially with regards to corrosive ammo?
finally, what kind of warranty will you include with each firearm?

on our part, we have the FFLs who will receive and legally transfer these firearms covered.

thanks
kev

Forever-A-Soldier
02-26-2008, 5:06 PM
Here is the price $895 shipping is about $20-40 comes with two 10 round magazines, a gun case and a two year warranty. We do not warranty your gun due to neglience I.E. improper cleaning, corrosive ammo has been a huge problem and if you don't clean the gun there will be direct results of which (its stated in the warranty).

Other than that, the guns should be good to go.

Now I just need ffls' to do the transfer.

Great so now we have a price, how do we order? Call you and give you our FFL info? Does the $895 go for the PPsh41 with the standard shroud length but 16" barrel (as seen on your website) or just for the 16" shroud and barrel like is shown on you Gunbroker auction?

F.A.S. Out

Allied Armament
02-26-2008, 5:36 PM
Were only manufacturing 16" barrel and shroud versions as "people on the internet" made fun of the "ant eater look" for which was intended for those who wanted to convert their gun to SBR.

mymonkeyman
03-06-2008, 3:31 PM
Is there any update on this? I called Allied Armament today asking about ordering a PPSH-41 for California. They said that they did not have any 10 round magazines and that, for some unspecified reason, they could not legally ship it to California? Also they mentioned the price was now $1200.

Is there any update on this? Will Californians be able to buy this? I don't see why it wouldn't be California-legal.

saki302
03-06-2008, 4:25 PM
$1200? Haha.. I would buy the MGS one instead for $795..

The AA guns are starting to turn up on gunbroker now too
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94132911

-Dave

mymonkeyman
03-06-2008, 4:31 PM
$1200? Haha.. I would buy the MGS one instead for $795..

The AA guns are starting to turn up on gunbroker now too
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94132911

-Dave

Yea, I thought that was kind of nuts, especially since their Distributor, Atlantic Firearms, is selling them for $899 and willing to ship them to CA. Unfortunately, they also don't have any 10 round magazines.

I think Allied Armament's problem is they were hoping that the DOJ would send them a letter approving their gun, but the DOJ in CA doesn't like to do its job.

Edit: Also apparently the gunbroker auction is by Allied Armament itself. I don't see why they would have an open gunbroker auction with an $850 buy it now price and quote me $1200 on the phone. Hopefully someone will clear this up.

duenor
03-06-2008, 4:39 PM
AA, we are an 07 FFL here in CA. We have no desire to make your PPSH41, so no worries about competition (we are exclusively FAL manufacturers).

Tell you what. Send me one of your PPSH41s. I will take it to the range, run it through the paces, and write a detailed review of it along with pictures and video.

If the review turns out good (and though I am rooting for you, I will have to be honest), and people want to buy this gun, EAI will be more than happy to do transfers of the PPSH-41 semiauto carbine to Calguns members.

If it turns out really well, we might even carry it in our factory showroom.

You let me know. I have the time this month to do these things, since I have to write reviews of our GR handgun sights anyway.

At the end, I will send the rifle back to you, or put it up for sale here on Calguns for you.

mymonkeyman
03-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Yea, I thought that was kind of nuts, especially since their Distributor, Atlantic Firearms, is selling them for $899 and willing to ship them to CA. Unfortunately, they also don't have any 10 round magazines.

I think Allied Armament's problem is they were hoping that the DOJ would send them a letter approving their gun, but the DOJ in CA doesn't like to do its job.

Edit: Also apparently the gunbroker auction is by Allied Armament itself. I don't see why they would have an open gunbroker auction with an $850 buy it now price and quote me $1200 on the phone. Hopefully someone will clear this up.

Bump, still looking for an answer, PM sent already.

FEDUPWBS
03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
AA has proven my point (made in a previous post in this thread) once again with their incredible responsiveness in this thread.

mymonkeyman
03-11-2008, 4:13 PM
Get a Wiselite reciever for $250-$300.
Add a parts kit for $130.
Find a SKS fire control group $75.00-$100.00 (this is the hard part right now)
Then have Sherman do the semi modifications and parkerizing for $410.00.
You will get a gun that functions perfectly and will be around $900 bucks.
Besides the Vector RPD I have not seen a striker fired gun that works well, I personally am sticking with a hammer actuated design.

What about a 10 round magazine?

Allied Armament
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
The only way I know people are following up on this thread is if people follow my link www.alliedarmament.com otherwise i'm a member of around 20 boards and there are two of us floating around on them, plus I was in Costa Rica for the last seven days, so I didn't have a big rush to get on and check out what had been going on. Anyway back to business, if Duenor would like to do a review on the gun I'd be more than happy to send one, but i'd like to get feedback on Duenor (so please post your feelings). I have ten round mags for the guns I will take pictures of them and post the guns with the magazines. We have a whole new striker system we just developed for the guns and they are now 100% even more awesome. The new system has eliminated, primer punching, and ammunition case cracking, and added a 100% reliability). :43:

As someone mentioned the DOJ does not want to give anyone a CA DOJ approval letter, which is true, but I was told by the DOJ that if you gun makes all legal qualifications to be sold in California it is completely legal to do so and you do not need a California DOJ approval letter. These guns are good to go.

Anyway, get me feedback on Duenor and we'll get him a test gun, get our feedback and put a group buy together!!!

AA, we are an 07 FFL here in CA. We have no desire to make your PPSH41, so no worries about competition (we are exclusively FAL manufacturers).

Tell you what. Send me one of your PPSH41s. I will take it to the range, run it through the paces, and write a detailed review of it along with pictures and video.

If the review turns out good (and though I am rooting for you, I will have to be honest), and people want to buy this gun, EAI will be more than happy to do transfers of the PPSH-41 semiauto carbine to Calguns members.

If it turns out really well, we might even carry it in our factory showroom.

You let me know. I have the time this month to do these things, since I have to write reviews of our GR handgun sights anyway.

At the end, I will send the rifle back to you, or put it up for sale here on Calguns for you.

Allied Armament
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
If you haven't checked it out yet I have a added some information up on the website about the ppsh41

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/ppsh41.html

mymonkeyman
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
The only way I know people are following up on this thread is if people follow my link www.alliedarmament.com otherwise i'm a member of around 20 boards and there are two of us floating around on them, plus I was in Costa Rica for the last seven days, so I didn't have a big rush to get on and check out what had been going on. Anyway back to business, if Duenor would like to do a review on the gun I'd be more than happy to send one, but i'd like to get feedback on Duenor (so please post your feelings). I have ten round mags for the guns I will take pictures of them and post the guns with the magazines. We have a whole new striker system we just developed for the guns and they are now 100% even more awesome. The new system has eliminated, primer punching, and ammunition case cracking, and added a 100% reliability). :43:

As someone mentioned the DOJ does not want to give anyone a CA DOJ approval letter, which is true, but I was told by the DOJ that if you gun makes all legal qualifications to be sold in California it is completely legal to do so and you do not need a California DOJ approval letter. These guns are good to go.

Anyway, get me feedback on Duenor and we'll get him a test gun, get our feedback and put a group buy together!!!

So I can call tomorrow for a PPSH-41 and 2 10 round mags and have them shipped to my FFL for $895 + shipping upon receipt of my FFL's license?

duenor
03-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Have at me. :chris:
I've sent a message back to AA outlining what I would do to a T&E sample, should he decide to send it:

1. Pictures
2. Strip and Reassemble
3. Shoot for reliability using 10 rnd CA magazines
4. Shoot for reliability using grandfathered PPSH magazines
5. Shoot for reliability using Wolf GOLD, S&B, and Romanian / Bulgarian Surplus
6. Shoot for accuracy at 25 yards (appleseed shoot distances)
7. Cleaning regimen for non corrosive and corrosive
8. Video of PPSH41
9. Detailed review, posted on: Calguns / THR / Gunboards / FALFiles / WarRifles / Saiga12

I'm very much hoping that this gun will deliver as it has been claimed to do. The price of 7.62x25 is still only about $124/1200 - a real bargain and about the only out there these days. I will also be interested to see the velocity of a 7.62x25 round out of a carbine barrel. For those that don't know, x25 is quite capable of penetrating right up to Level3 armor. See Box of Truth for their tests of the 7.62x25 round on Kevlar helmets.

saki302
03-12-2008, 4:38 AM
How difficult is it to swap barrels on the PPSH41?

Just curious to know as if the 7.62 ammo dries up, a barrel swap would quickly give you a functional 9mm carbine.

I too remmeber when 8mm was cheap and plentiful :(

-Dave

Allied Armament
03-12-2008, 7:40 AM
Yes, but right now it will take about 1-2 weeks to get the gun with the new striker system.

So I can call tomorrow for a PPSH-41 and 2 10 round mags and have them shipped to my FFL for $895 + shipping upon receipt of my FFL's license?

Allied Armament
03-12-2008, 7:40 AM
This sounds like a full and comprehensive report I like it!

Have at me. :chris:
I've sent a message back to AA outlining what I would do to a T&E sample, should he decide to send it:

1. Pictures
2. Strip and Reassemble
3. Shoot for reliability using 10 rnd CA magazines
4. Shoot for reliability using grandfathered PPSH magazines
5. Shoot for reliability using Wolf GOLD, S&B, and Romanian / Bulgarian Surplus
6. Shoot for accuracy at 25 yards (appleseed shoot distances)
7. Cleaning regimen for non corrosive and corrosive
8. Video of PPSH41
9. Detailed review, posted on: Calguns / THR / Gunboards / FALFiles / WarRifles / Saiga12

I'm very much hoping that this gun will deliver as it has been claimed to do. The price of 7.62x25 is still only about $124/1200 - a real bargain and about the only out there these days. I will also be interested to see the velocity of a 7.62x25 round out of a carbine barrel. For those that don't know, x25 is quite capable of penetrating right up to Level3 armor. See Box of Truth for their tests of the 7.62x25 round on Kevlar helmets.

Allied Armament
03-12-2008, 7:42 AM
Currently the barrels at the extension end are tacked into place, so it would require dremel work to remove them. I would recommend having us install the 9mm set up.

How difficult is it to swap barrels on the PPSH41?

Just curious to know as if the 7.62 ammo dries up, a barrel swap would quickly give you a functional 9mm carbine.

I too remmeber when 8mm was cheap and plentiful :(

-Dave

Allied Armament
03-12-2008, 4:00 PM
Here is the CA legal ppsh 41

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/shadyirishmen/Calegal.jpg

mymonkeyman
03-12-2008, 4:17 PM
Heh, the magazine looks funny all tiny like that but I guess that's what we get for living in this state. Will you sell additional mags seperately?

Allied Armament
03-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Group buy is live: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=91822