PDA

View Full Version : Need extra parts?

Born2Lose
02-17-2008, 6:11 PM
So i am gonna go with a monster man build/stag lower.

If i buy the complete a2 stock, lower, parts kit, ambi safety, and MMG..do i need any other parts than a complete upper?

Like does the lower parts kit come with the screws to connect upper and lower.

I just need to know so i don't have to pay for shipping for one screw or something dumb like that.

Thanks.

NeoWeird
02-17-2008, 6:13 PM
That should complete the lower. The only thing to make sure of is that you get a COMPLETE A2 stock and not just the stock. The complete stock will come with the stock, receiver extension, buffer, and buffer spring. If you don't have a good set of punches or a good wrench, you might want to get those while you are at it, but they are not required as the A2 stock can be put on with a screw driver and adjustable wrench. If it were a CAR stock you would need a spanner wrench.

Born2Lose
02-17-2008, 8:07 PM
cool. thanks.
So the parts kit or the upper comes with the screw/pin to attach the upper and lower?

NeoWeird
02-17-2008, 8:17 PM
The lower parts kit comes with the push pins. They are not screws (MUCH older Colts used screws, but modern ARs do NOT). They are actually push pins with a channel that a spring loaded detent rides in to keep them tight and locked in place when the action is closed.

ETA: And there are two of them; one for the front and one for the back.

Born2Lose
02-18-2008, 7:48 AM
oh..ok thanks..i used to own a MUCH older colt..hence the confusion :D