PDA

View Full Version : Any Naruto Fans here?

marklbucla
02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Just thought I'd give Anvil Arms a free ad. I picked up this stripped lower yesterday and had free custom engraving done on it for a grand total of $112 shipped. The lower looks great and the engraving looks very nice. Communication with Jon was great and he really seemed to care about his customers.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7413/img2694aup7.jpg

Ech0Sierra
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Blech... too big!

tankerman
02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Is that engraving? What is it?

marklbucla
02-16-2008, 10:36 PM
1. Check my location
2. The consensus now on this board seems to be that it's kosher as long as you don't mate it with a centerfire upper.

marklbucla
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Is that engraving? What is it?

Laser Engraving. Check out Anvil Arms' website for a Faq on it. They do it free if you buy a lower from them. The only thing is that you have to provide them with a specific file type that will likely have to be traced by a professional service. The logo I had done was simple so it was only about $13.

J_Rock
02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
animu crap does not belong on an AR

ZombieKiller
02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I'll let this fly with all the Hello Kitty stuff going on lately...........:)

ghettoshecky
02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
animu crap does not belong on an AR

I agree, yes I watch it Naruto, but wth is Konoha doing with an AR???

Sampachi
02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Crossing Anime with Guns!?
If this was Starship Troopers, you'd never make citizen! :P

Loner
02-17-2008, 1:11 AM
Just thought I'd give Anvil Arms a free ad. I picked up this stripped lower yesterday and had free custom engraving done on it for a grand total of $112 shipped. The lower looks great and the engraving looks very nice. Communication with Jon was great and he really seemed to care about his customers.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1192/weeaboolv3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TurboFall
02-17-2008, 5:37 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1192/weeaboolv3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

My, have we /k/ommandos spread far...

-hanko
02-17-2008, 6:06 AM
Teh ghey:rolleyes:

Glue on some flashing led's; it needs to be a lot more tactical:D

-hanko

zefflyn
02-17-2008, 9:50 AM
Personally, I would have gone with the Sand logo, but that would probably make it jam up more.

TonyM
02-17-2008, 9:55 AM
My 10 year old GodSon is into Naruto, always asking about the DVDs.

supersonic
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
[quote]Is that engraving? What is it?[quote]
"Sir, it appears to be a snail leaning up against some type of wedge-shaped object. Shall we destroy it, Mr. President?":p SERIOUSLY, though - look at it and tell me that's not A SNAIL PROPPED UP W/ A WEDGE!!!!!:D

hoax
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I like Naruto. The first series when they were kids (which is what is currently playing on Cartoon Network) kinda sucks. Many of the episodes are just filler crap.

In Japan they have continued the series where they are now teenagers and they are back on the original plot line the show is good again. You can find current english subtitled episodes off the Internet.

krim
02-17-2008, 12:30 PM
My, have we /k/ommandos spread far...

which one of you in Anonymous? :D

Maddog5150
02-17-2008, 6:37 PM
Hey I think its cool. To each his own and if you dig naruto then more power too you. Even though they are cartoons, at least those ninjas dont wield keyboards ;)
If anvil arms does that, I just may have to order one or two from them =) at least in different logos and genres

tombinghamthegreat
02-17-2008, 9:05 PM
I love the series and watch it all the time but doing that to an AR is just not right. If i had a $1,000 AR I would baby it and never do that. Also $112 dollars? i could buy another Mosin Nagant, ammo or save up for another shotgun. Would you put an engraving on a baby? If no then apply that logic to the 2nd greatest rifle ever made.

Charliegone
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Bah Bleach is better.:p

zaitcev
02-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Blech... too big!
I would not say "blech", but I agree: the sign is too large for the area.

But now I have an idea to stamp a small Konoha leaf on the stock of my Mosin, like a proof mark. I have an M-59, so there's no danger to ruin the collector's value.

Ech0Sierra
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Bah Bleach is better.:p

:D:iagree:

JBird33
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
To all their own. I personally woulda got a Danzig skull or something :)

02-18-2008, 1:27 PM
I had to ask my kid what the heck it meant.

Sniper3142
02-18-2008, 6:06 PM
I love the Orange Ninja!

Very nice work.

RainierArms
02-18-2008, 7:54 PM
Where's the matching headband? :cool2:

1hotrod
02-21-2008, 8:42 PM
Well, at least it's not pink:)

goldmag
02-21-2008, 9:36 PM
Putting a children's show symbol on a deadly weapon seems like a really really bad idea. This isn't Counter Strike, this is the real world and you don't respawn after being killed. If you want to show your admiration for a children's cartoon then wear the t-shirt but please don't blur the boundary between harmless toy and deadly weapon.

JBird33
02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Putting a children's show symbol on a deadly weapon seems like a really really bad idea. This isn't Counter Strike, this is the real world and you don't respawn after being killed. If you want to show your admiration for a children's cartoon then wear the t-shirt but please don't blur the boundary between harmless toy and deadly weapon.

Right, because he is gonna take it to the local junior high and leave it outside loaded. Let him customize it however he wants, as long as he follows the rules of safe gun ownership.

If something as simple as an engraving on the side of the rifle can be seen as "blurring the boundary between harmless toy and deadly weapon," perhaps you should reevaluate your own abilities of perception. Or go work for the Brady bunch.

marklbucla
02-21-2008, 11:56 PM
So if my engraving is both blasphemous and negligent, then what about these?

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/2782-2/morrigan_michaela0677.jpg

http://www.armoryairbrush.com/images/600_Eiko_Pink_AR.jpg

Customization opens up shooting to a much larger demographic and adds people to the fight for YOUR 2A rights. Furthermore, it stimulates sales and helps the industry.

goldmag
02-22-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/02/19/resnik.painted.guns.kpnx?iref=videosearch

And look at all the negative attention it gets us. Thanks for ruining my right to bear arms.

Bluntbone
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I call BS on that Goldmag. Nothing wrong with coloring or engraving a weapon any way they want as long as they keep it safe and out of the reach of children as is required by law. A locked up weapon, regardless of color, isn't hurting anyone. When we see criminals painting their glocks pink to get the drop on cops then it will be time to look at the practice more critically. Right now it just looks like a neat way to get a kid or female more interested in the shooting sports. Nothing wrong with that.

ivanimal
02-22-2008, 1:53 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/02/19/resnik.painted.guns.kpnx?iref=videosearch

And look at all the negative attention it gets us. Thanks for ruining my right to bear arms.

This reply is almost as sensational as the video. Are you telling me you buy that crap? I dont think you will find a soul on this forum to point this remark at.

Bishop
02-22-2008, 2:20 PM
Like Naruto? Watch more anime.

Queue it up on netflix, and watch more anime.

Once you've seen more, you'll begin to feel sick whenever you watch anime like Naruto or DBZ.

BTW, /k/ is for /k/usanagi. :43:

-hanko
02-22-2008, 3:00 PM
:confused:Putting a children's show symbol on a deadly weapon seems like a really really bad idea. This isn't Counter Strike, this is the real world and you don't respawn after being killed. If you want to show your admiration for a children's cartoon then wear the t-shirt but please don't blur the boundary between harmless toy and deadly weapon.
I've seen ar's with the DeWalt power tool logo on the stock...should I think I can use it as a cordless saw or portable air compressor??:confused:

My original comment was in response to what I thought of the engraving...my answer still stands, but it has ZERO to do with what the logo relates to. I still think it looks dumb on a gun. But, no dumber than a large deer or spider or snake.

I'm not sure how anyone could be confused between a toy and a weapon.

Relax;)

-hanko

mymonkeyman
02-22-2008, 3:04 PM
I call BS on that Goldmag. Nothing wrong with coloring or engraving a weapon any way they want as long as they keep it safe and out of the reach of children as is required by law. A locked up weapon, regardless of color, isn't hurting anyone. When we see criminals painting their glocks pink to get the drop on cops then it will be time to look at the practice more critically. Right now it just looks like a neat way to get a kid or female more interested in the shooting sports. Nothing wrong with that.

Criminals will never start painting their glocks. What good is a gun as an intimidation device if it's pink? What respect will you get from your fellow thugs carrying around a Hello Kitty Rifle? It's just not going to happen.

Loner
02-22-2008, 5:12 PM
This isn't Counter Strike, this is the real world and you don't respawn after being killed.
Unless you jump and crouch.

BTW, /k/ is for /k/usanagi. :43:
Sage.

J_Rock
02-22-2008, 5:43 PM
Whats better /k/ the AK or the M16?

Oops wrong forum :cool2:

Bishop
02-22-2008, 6:07 PM
Whats better /k/ the AK or the M16?

Oops wrong forum :cool2:

Which ever has the accuracy of a sniper rifle, and the power of an m16! :D

JagerTroop
02-22-2008, 8:50 PM
I don't care what you put on your rifle. It's just that... YOUR rifle. The thing that disturbs me is all of these grown men talking about their love of crappy japanese cartoons with bad voice dubbing. Yeah, I liked Voltron... WHEN I WAS LIKE...ELEVEN :confused:

StraightShooter
02-22-2008, 8:57 PM
I don't care what you put on your rifle. It's just that... YOUR rifle. The thing that disturbs me is all of these grown men talking about their love of crappy japanese cartoons with bad voice dubbing. Yeah, I liked Voltron... WHEN I WAS LIKE...ELEVEN :confused:

I totally agree........ grow up people. You wonder why people hate seeing this crap on guns. Go ahead and put it on your guns but if I see a 30 year old guy with a Pokemon on his rifle I sure as hell couldnt take him seriously. Its infantile.

tophatjones
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM

Anime ranges from kids cartoons to really artistic films. Watch something like "Princess Mononoke" or the original "Ghost in the Shell". Ghost in the Shell probably influenced the Matrix. You won't be disappointed. Japan initially didn't have the resources or money to make films, so they drew them instead. Because of this, Japanese anime has evolved like movies have over here.

JagerTroop
02-22-2008, 10:59 PM
I know... I've seen Akira. Again, I was a kid. It's one thing to be entertained by it, but to let it infest other aspects of your life? Don't get me wrong. I like to watch southpark. But if you ever see me post a pic of my Mega Gator lower with a portrait of Mr. Hanky on it, it would be your duty to come to my house and pistol whip me. It's time to put away childish things.

FYI, I've also seen Princess Mononoke (shhh don't tell anyone :pinch:)

tophatjones
02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
I know... I've seen Akira. Again, I was a kid. It's one thing to be entertained by it, but to let it infest other aspects of your life? Don't get me wrong. I like to watch southpark. But if you ever see me post a pic of my Mega Gator lower with a portrait of Mr. Hanky on it, it would be your duty to come to my house and pistol whip me. It's time to put away childish things.

FYI, I've also seen Princess Mononoke (shhh don't tell anyone :pinch:)

True, true. I don't have any of that stuff on my guns. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Bluntbone
02-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I know that monkeyman. It's foolish to worry about something that won;t happen. When you think about what that cop was saying on the video it make one laugh.

Criminals will never start painting their glocks. What good is a gun as an intimidation device if it's pink? What respect will you get from your fellow thugs carrying around a Hello Kitty Rifle? It's just not going to happen.

-hanko
02-23-2008, 2:55 PM
But if you ever see me post a pic of my Mega Gator lower with a portrait of Mr. Hanky on it, it would be your duty to come to my house and pistol whip me.
Kiiiiiile...Open That Door:eek:

-hanko

Charliegone
02-23-2008, 3:57 PM
I totally agree........ grow up people. You wonder why people hate seeing this crap on guns. Go ahead and put it on your guns but if I see a 30 year old guy with a Pokemon on his rifle I sure as hell couldnt take him seriously. Its infantile.

Watch Elfen Lied or Gantz and tell me that's for kids.:eek: BTW, I would probably never do that to my rifle, unless I did it for someone else or something.

AggregatVier
02-24-2008, 12:36 AM
How are you gentlemen?

All your base are belong to us.

You are on your way to destruction.
(What you say?)

You have no chance to survive make your time.

Ha, ha, ha!