PDA

View Full Version : Archangel stock Mosin Nagant

rjackson1986
12-23-2013, 6:45 PM
Has anyone purchased is for his or her mosin? Is it worth it.

ThePatriot
12-23-2013, 6:50 PM
In before the relic police. :inquis:

vtrigger77
12-23-2013, 7:49 PM
Ive been looking at it but it looks kinda weird with the barrel extending so far out from the stock. Thats the only reason why i havent made up my mind on getting one.

Rickrock1
12-23-2013, 7:52 PM
I have one on my list, I have been watching the prices drop on EBa and Amaz

rjackson1986
12-23-2013, 8:01 PM
The cheapest I've seen it for is $150

NorCalFocus
12-23-2013, 8:04 PM
Its uber comfy. My buddy got one.

lowdive
12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
I haven't been able to get out to shoot it yet, but I do like the looks and feel. My friend also comments about the stock vs barrel length but his Monte Carlo stock is only a little bit longer.

http://i.imgur.com/MOKuUTO.jpg

LoSJoe
12-25-2013, 8:47 AM
Just got my mosin, Will be ordering the archangel next month, prices are coming down pretty good. i'm attracked to the cheek riser and adjustable butt pad.

also added the muzzle brake, and will be putting the bipod on it. Yea, barrel sticking out so far looks different but as adjustable as that stock is makes it attractive for a shorter guy like myself. Plus it reduces the weight of that thing by several lbs.

Add the timney trigger, You will like it a lot more than the 10 lb pull the stock trigger has.

Capybara
12-25-2013, 9:17 AM
It matters what your goal is in putting one of these together. If you want an accurate rifle, this makes no sense. Mosins are not really accurate rifles. 91/30 costs between $120.00 and $200.00, stock costs between $150.00 to $200.00, Timney trigger for Mosin is $100.00, magazines are $30.00 ea. For between $400.00 and $500.00, any newer bolt action rifle you buy is going to wipe the floor with the Mosin.

I guess if you need to release your inner Bubba or have to shoot cheap 7.62x54R ammo, it's a way to go. As much as I enjoy shooting my Mosins, doing this makes no financial sense but if it's your thing, go for it. Just keep your original stock, Bubba'd Mosins don't sell very well, you will do much better selling everything separately.

Jet Setter
12-25-2013, 9:27 AM
I love them - although, I have yet to shoot mine. Just no time to get out. There are deals out there. I have seen them as low as $130 before shipping.

Staticsouls
12-25-2013, 1:47 PM
Way better than the original stock but still a pricey set up for what its worth. I got mine from my dad for my bday. Havent shot it but love fondling it

rjackson1986
12-25-2013, 6:35 PM
Thanks for all the input

E Michael
12-25-2013, 6:44 PM
A friend of mine has one and it's awesome, just not my cup of tea

anti
12-25-2013, 7:36 PM
Save your money and put it towards a more worthy rifle. Mosin's are great for reliability and plinking but you'd be polishing a turd trying to accurize and spend money on it like that. If you must accurize it at all - grab a shim kit and work on the trigger. It's your choice, though!

hcbr
12-25-2013, 10:32 PM
looking into getting one for my mosin, i'm tired of the stripper clips and wonky slip on butt pads (still hurts) yea yeah, call me a pansy but hey i want to enjoy shooting one and this fits the bill, even though i have a vepr 54r to satisfy my needs. :p

Marcus von W.
12-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Mosins are awesome and historic rifles just the way they were originally made.

However, some folks - I picture them as toothless, drooling, livestock molesting, albino, Bubba's who think "Deliverance" is a love story and stand in front of the mirror saying "you got a pretty mouth" to their reflection - feel the need to ruin a nice rifle with cheap, nasty-looking plastic crap, and make it look like some kind of futuristic gay space alien sex toy when they are not down by the river "romancing" guys in canoes.

CK_32
12-25-2013, 11:28 PM
I
'd say no they arent worth it.

Me and my cousin were REALLY interested in getting one for his but when they came out and the prices they are set at seeing the accuracy testing of the rifle and really looking into them they are not IMO.

Reason being, its not really a major stiff chasis, does freefloat the barrel, again accuracy isnt THAT amazing switching over.

For that money I think and so does my cousin to just go a new Ruger american or invest in a quality 700 or something along those lines. For the research into it we did we were not impressed at all. But some guys go nuts for the look of it. But as far as preformance it lacks quite a bit.

So if you just want it for looks yea they are pretty awesome. If your looking for performance I'd say there are much better options and rifles out there to better invest your money into.

baka
12-26-2013, 1:06 AM
Guilty as charged.......

I put together a mosin archangel and love it!

Took her out to the Zombie Shoot and I have to say I'm really happy at the accuracy!

I'll be doing a little work on the barrel (Randall) and maybe a trigger later on.

As for the mags I picked up two ten rounders for $15 each. you just have to shop around.....

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/btv09/baka%20arms/20131106_215704_zpsa5435a29.jpghttp://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx177/btv09/baka%20arms/20131106_215728_zps82bd4375.jpg

I'll have Randall take off around 6" and add this:
http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/skus/l_100010538_5.jpg

Ian

sl0re10
12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
It matters what your goal is in putting one of these together. If you want an accurate rifle, this makes no sense. Mosins are not really accurate rifles. 91/30 costs between $120.00 and $200.00, stock costs between $150.00 to $200.00, Timney trigger for Mosin is $100.00, magazines are $30.00 ea. For between $400.00 and $500.00, any newer bolt action rifle you buy is going to wipe the floor with the Mosin.

I guess if you need to release your inner Bubba or have to shoot cheap 7.62x54R ammo, it's a way to go. As much as I enjoy shooting my Mosins, doing this makes no financial sense but if it's your thing, go for it. Just keep your original stock, Bubba'd Mosins don't sell very well, you will do much better selling everything separately.

Well; it is an actual 'high powered' rifle (vs. what the media call a high powered rifle) so it has that going for it too.

I used a $100 after market stock so between big5, Kalifornia, and the stock I'm in about $300...

duggan
12-26-2013, 4:53 PM
I'm interested in what the "polish a turd, drop a bunch of money blah, blah" folks think about all the after market doodads people throw on their ruger 10/22's, are they toothless and drooling?

Varg Vikernes
12-26-2013, 8:09 PM
I'm interested in what the "polish a turd, drop a bunch of money blah, blah" folks think about all the after market doodads people throw on their ruger 10/22's, are they toothless and drooling?

Inherently the Mosin is pretty damn inaccurate and a 100+ year design. There are factory rifles that are leaps and bounds ahead of it in terms of everything imaginable for 2 bills more than you would pay for a Mosin.

Really at the end of the day its whoevers money to spend, but as a person that thought about it myself, just don't do it.

duggan
12-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Inherently the Mosin is pretty damn inaccurate and a 100+ year design. There are factory rifles that are leaps and bounds ahead of it in terms of everything imaginable for 2 bills more than you would pay for a Mosin.

Really at the end of the day its whoevers money to spend, but as a person that thought about it myself, just don't do it.

Completely understandable, I'm just interested in what a person is allowed to do to their property before they become toothless and start looking for love in the livestock pens, is it a process that takes years or will one's teeth drop out right after they install an accessory that is deemed "stupid"?

poriggity
12-27-2013, 12:25 PM
i personally bought a mosin just for the historical significance, and something fun to shoot. I don't judge people on what they like to shoot, however. if you wanna bubbafy a mosin, go for it.

Varg Vikernes
12-27-2013, 2:18 PM
Completely understandable, I'm just interested in what a person is allowed to do to their property before they become toothless and start looking for love in the livestock pens, is it a process that takes years or will one's teeth drop out right after they install an accessory that is deemed "stupid"?

I duno. It just seems like the 10/22 is already a respectable firearm. And the Mosin is like a tree limb with a metal tube attached. Maybe barely good enough back in WWII but nowadays you just have guns that are just head and shoulders better in terms of ergos, accuracy, etc. Why waste your time?

Capybara
12-27-2013, 4:21 PM
"The Mosin is like a tree limb with a metal tube attached"

Sig worthy Varg, I like it!