PDA

View Full Version : CALIFORNIA AR Platforms

LCSportsman
02-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Curious about the AR platforms. CA-AG says no, some say yes under specific conditions, fixed mag.

So where can I buy one that is CA legal, does not have a "welded" mag yet is pinned or has a system that a tool is used to remove the mag. I know this is very touchy. It also has to be completely legal.

Thanks

Bob

FlyingPen
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

bigthaiboy
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Bob,

This topic has been bashed out 100,000 times on this site.

Check out :http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=63

There is a tons upon tons of info available on building a 100% CA legal AR rifle. Please use the search function to find further specifics.

Linh
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I think you asked similar questions about a year ago. Since you're in N Cal there are stores there that will sell them to you. Well not to confuse you or anything but if you want an AR that is "completely" legal well it might be legal but will the officer that saw your AR think it's legal??? Since officers are using the 2007 Assault weapon guide which is an underground reg which stills use series etc....

Same here. Iam a little confused about the OLL issues when I see RRA on sales list. It is also on the doj list.

I'd like to build one for CMP, don't know whether to go with locked mag or monsterman grip as well?

LCSportsman

Does your rifle have the pistol grip or the monster grip.

A little confused here?

If it has a pistol grip, it has to have a FIXED mag.

If it has a MONSTERMAN grip it can have the standard mag?

LCSportsman

mymonkeyman
02-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I think you asked similar questions about a year ago. Since you're in N Cal there are stores there that will sell them to you. Well not to confuse you or anything but if you want an AR that is "completely" legal well it might be legal but will the officer that saw your AR think it's legal??? Since officers are using the 2007 Assault weapon guide which is an underground reg which stills use series etc....

There is a 2007 assault weapon guide? Why is it the CA DOJ's website only has 2001? I mean, other than to brazenly ignore Harrot in enforcing the law while pretending ignorance on their website?

LCSportsman
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Sir;
The reason I asked again is because of changes. The grip is one way the mag another. All preference I guess and to be honest I forgot about the monster grip. I apologize for being redundant.

Vulcan told me that they have their mags welded to the receiver. Their web states they are pinned. I asked for a clarification today.

Thanks, I will check out the recommended links.

Was hoping to just buy one not build one. Recoil issues with the .308 so I was hoping to be a little less punished for participating in matches.

Bob

FlyingPen
02-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Buy one then from lanworldinc.com they'll make it CA legal for you, just need to find an OLL friendly FFL.

battleship
02-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Try irvington arms in fremont they know a bit about Cal Legal AR15 they have some detachable mag versions there, with a pistol grip, but know forward grip, they told me that if there is a forward grip in front of the Magazine housing then it has to be a sealed clip, to make it Cal legal but theres more to it than that so give them a call or better still go down and get the low down properly and feel there AR 15 up.

chunger
02-15-2008, 3:06 AM
Use then handy flow chart. . .

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=82322&highlight=assault+weapon+chart

It'll help guide you to a 100% legal configuration.

:)