PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster C1522LR

thazard
02-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I was looking at the Bushmaster C1522LR recently and wondered if it is legal in CA. The "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" is banned, but I don't know if the C1522LR is that particular firearm. I think its ok because all the definitions of assault rifle are given by "any center fire rifle..." and since this is a .22, it might be ok. Does anyone know for sure?

XDshooter
02-14-2008, 3:21 AM
As long as it fires rimfire ammo, you are good to go on all the evil features you want.

moulton
02-14-2008, 8:34 AM
I have been looking for a carbon-15 upper as well but have yet to find one. all the big places are out of stock and have been for months....maybe they discotinued selling uppers :eek::(

bwiese
02-14-2008, 9:18 AM
If the C1522LR is specifically not marked as "Bushmaster XM-15" then its not a banned-by-name "listed" AW.

(It sounds like this is based on a Carbon-15 platform which is indeed off-list.)

It's also not an AW because it's rimfire and not centerfire.

thazard
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks everyone. I have run into the same problem about finding them. I am probably going to contact bushmaster and ask if the model has been discontinued.

ohsmily
02-14-2008, 1:32 PM
As long as it fires rimfire ammo, you are good to go on all the evil features you want.

If it is on a "Bushmaster XM15" receiver, then evil features or not, it is a listed (and banned) assault weapon. However, as BWiese mentioned, it looks like this is built on a Carbon-15 receiver which is indeed off list.

aplinker
02-14-2008, 2:19 PM
There are a couple online shops listing them, Gunsamerica has one, etc.

I considered these for a while, but I think I'm going to go the Spike's Tactical route.

XDshooter
02-14-2008, 6:45 PM
If it is on a "Bushmaster XM15" receiver, then evil features or not, it is a listed (and banned) assault weapon. However, as BWiese mentioned, it looks like this is built on a Carbon-15 receiver which is indeed off list.

The C15 is a carbon receiver and thus not on the list, not an issue.

elroy
02-15-2008, 1:44 AM
i just have the upper , you may want to go that route , build any oll and buy their upper kit , i'd try calling them direct and get a new one straight from BM , i hear the early ones are not so great , mine has the newer bolt but not the newest barrel , wich i think they were telling me now has some kind of feed ramp , but with a bit of work , mine runs pretty good now , the stock mags could be better , its almost 200$ less than a spikes upper at 370 what a bargin

http://www.bushmaster.com/electronic-documents/2005CatalogV2/Carbon%2015%20Rifles%20&%20Pistols.pdf

ohsmily
02-15-2008, 10:09 AM
When Carbon-15 .22lr first came out, I heard they can be converted to .223 by changing the upper. This made them illegal for CA. Has this changed and are they dedicated.22lr now? I still have the original Professional Ordnance dedicated .22lr.

The ability to convert to 223 does NOT make it illegal for CA. You just need to ensure that you configure the rifle properly if it is shooting a centerfire round. People are building OLLs on Carbon-15 lowers all the time in a number of centerfire calibers.

Where have you been? Have you read the newb threads on this forum? Hvae you reviewed the AW flow chart? Stop with the bad information.