PDA

View Full Version : Since Obama might be our next President....

thomasanelson
02-13-2008, 2:48 PM
Obama:

"I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer's lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do ew need to punish thatman for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there's a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair."
Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.:eek:
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.
Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

BlackReef
02-13-2008, 2:50 PM
Barack HUSSEIN Obama

Real name, most people don't know that.

Barack = Iraq
Hussein = Sadam Hussein
Obama = Osama Bin Laden

Bizcuits
02-13-2008, 2:51 PM
Pray Heller has a good outcome and stops him / her before they get there.

gosparx
02-13-2008, 3:05 PM
Although if you look at the candidates right now, and you consider history, it seems obvious that a Dem is going to win this one.... Hillary or Obama... doesn't really matter.

HOWEVER... Considering the time, energy and illegal wrangling that this (and the previous) Administration has done in order to give themselves unprecedented (and completely unconstitutional) power... do you really think they are just going to hand that over to Hillary or Obama?

My great prediction is that the person that is going to be our next President well be someone who is and has been in bed with this administration and is just waiting for the keys to be handed over. That could be Hillary or Obama, but I doubt it.

I would love to be wrong, but even if I am wrong and there actually will be a functioning, free election in November. And the winner is actually chosen by the voice of the People... If the winner isn't someone already plugged into the this little power party... then I would have to make the very dire prediction that the person who did win by free election... wouldn't live very long.

I really hope I'm being paranoid, I really do, but Bush & Cheney have accumulated far too much power to just hand it over to Hillary or Obama (unless they are players in the game as well.)

scootergmc
02-13-2008, 3:13 PM
Barack HUSSEIN Obama

Barack = Iraq
Hussein = Sadam Hussein
Obama = Osama Bin Laden

Seriously? What does that have to do with anything?

DedEye
02-13-2008, 3:17 PM
Seriously? What does that have to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing, just xenophobic FUD.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/ganjaman415/Posters/motivator7715708fb2.jpg

Rob P.
02-13-2008, 3:20 PM
Barack HUSSEIN Obama

Barack = Iraq
Hussein = Sadam Hussein
Obama = Osama Bin Laden

EVERYBODY knows that. Where have you been?

And, the connection to Bin Laden is BS racial hatred and bigotry based on Rush Limbaugh's slip-of-the-tongue which he tried to turn into a political joke which backfired.

If your ONLY reason to vote for someone else is because of a similarity in name you need to go look at the data some more (or at least once) before you vote.

Although if you look at the candidates right now, and you consider history, it seems obvious that a Dem is going to win this one.... Hillary or Obama... doesn't really matter.

HOWEVER... Considering the time, energy and illegal wrangling that this (and the previous) Administration has done in order to give themselves unprecedented (and completely unconstitutional) power... do you really think they are just going to hand that over to Hillary or Obama?

My great prediction is that the person that is going to be our next President well be someone who is and has been in bed with this administration and is just waiting for the keys to be handed over. That could be Hillary or Obama, but I doubt it.

I would love to be wrong, but even if I am wrong and there actually will be a functioning, free election in November. And the winner is actually chosen by the voice of the People... If the winner isn't someone already plugged into the this little power party... then I would have to make the very dire prediction that the person who did win by free election... wouldn't live very long.

I really hope I'm being paranoid, I really do, but Bush & Cheney have accumulated far too much power to just hand it over to Hillary or Obama (unless they are players in the game as well.)

:TFH: I have some supersized tinfoil you can use if you need it to plug some of the leaks. :TFH:

BlackReef
02-13-2008, 3:26 PM
If your ONLY reason to vote for someone else is because of a similarity in name you need to go look at the data some more (or at least once) before you vote.

Barack Hussein Obama
Somehow managed Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden all in one name. Will never vote for someone like that. Too ironic IMO. But if one needed more reasons not to vote for him, here ya go:

Can't even place his hand over his heart for OUR National Anthem:
YouTube - Obama Disrespecting the Flag and US Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QCkgg5Kjo)
(Not some stupid "fake" picture. Actual Video of him disrespecting our country.)

Won't even wear an American Flag pin on his chest:
YouTube - Obama No flag pin for him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHtGQq-z_Y&feature=related)

I don't believe it for a second when he claims he's not Muslim "anymore".

Rob P.
02-13-2008, 3:32 PM
The "national anthem" thing is more of the same BS that's being spewed about his name. Did you listen to what was being "sung"? Whatever that catscreeching actually is, it is NOT the national anthem because it doesn't even have the right words (if you can call them words) being "sung". However, the presumption you cite is false.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp#pledge

The "lapel pin" thing is superpatriotism at it's finest. Don't vote for the guy who won't wear a flag pin even if the other candidates are worse? Especially since he's doing it in protest which is his constitutional right.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3690000

Obama NEVER was a Muslim. More bigotry in action.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

WeThePeople
02-13-2008, 3:37 PM
And, the connection to Bin Laden is BS racial hatred and bigotry based on Rush Limbaugh's slip-of-the-tongue which he tried to turn into a political joke which backfired.

I don't know about Rush, but Ted Kennedy made the most famous slip up about a year ago. Are you going to accuse Ted Kennedy of "BS racial hatred and bigotry"?

BlackReef
02-13-2008, 3:38 PM
The "national anthem" thing is more of the same BS that's being spewed about his name. Did you listen to what was being "sung"? Whatever that catscreeching actually is, it is NOT the national anthem because it doesn't even have the right words (if you can call them words) being "sung".

Every other candidate in the video has their hand on their hearts?

The "lapel pin" thing is superpatriotism at it's finest. Don't vote for the guy who won't wear a flag pin even if the other candidates are worse?

Its not the fact that he doesn't wear a pin. It just shows alot about his attitude.

Obama NEVER was a Muslim. More bigotry in action.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

His father was a Muslim, albeit not radical. Obama also attended a Muslim school in his youth.

Obama has ZERO accomplishments. Idiots are voting for him because they "like his personality". Typical Liberals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFOOcEQtP0

scootergmc
02-13-2008, 3:41 PM
Barack Hussein Obama
Somehow managed Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden all in one name. Will never vote for someone like that. Too ironic IMO.

A sole decision based on the same name as a dead dictator and similar to a probably dead terrorist is hardly a reason. :rolleyes:

His stance on gun control should be reason enough not to vote for him.... :cool2:

Rob P.
02-13-2008, 3:43 PM
I don't know about Rush, but Ted Kennedy made the most famous slip up about a year ago. Are you going to accuse Ted Kennedy of "BS racial hatred and bigotry"?

The thread isn't about Kennedy. So, whatever Kennedy does or doesn't do isn't relevant to what Obama does or doesn't do.

Misdirection to avoid the truth.

Every other candidate in the video has their hand on their hearts?

Its not the fact that he doesn't wear a pin. It just shows alot about his attitude.

His father was a Muslim, albeit not radical. Obama also attended a Muslim school in his youth.

Did you even go read anything before you posted this?

You may not like the guy. He may not be YOUR personal choice for president. However, you don't get a free pass to spew hatred and falsity to justify your choice whomever that may be (and I don't really CARE who it is either).

SemiAutoSam
02-13-2008, 3:44 PM
I'm with ya brother.

I don't know about anyone else but with the way most of us know that the radical Islamics are and how they raise their kids one would have to be stupid to not have a reasonable belief that Obama does not have at least a partial Islamic upbringing and training. Even if it was only a few years of his fathers influence that would be IMO dangerous enough to not want him as our President.

There was a You tube or Google video on how the Islamics train their young kids with AK47's and how to kill the infidels.
From memory it was a kindergarten style graduation exercise.

Can anyone honestly say they think his father had no influence on how Obama was raised ?

Barack Hussein Obama
Somehow managed Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden all in one name. Will never vote for someone like that. Too ironic IMO. But if one needed more reasons not to vote for him, here ya go:

Can't even place his hand over his heart for OUR National Anthem:
YouTube - Obama Disrespecting the Flag and US Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QCkgg5Kjo)
(Not some stupid "fake" picture. Actual Video of him disrespecting our country.)

Won't even wear an American Flag pin on his chest:
YouTube - Obama No flag pin for him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHtGQq-z_Y&feature=related)

I don't believe it for a second when he claims he's not Muslim "anymore".

mblat
02-13-2008, 3:47 PM

Obvious for whom? McCain runs even or BETTER than BOTH of them.... Now if you want to argue that he is no better than Hillary or Obama that is different issue. But I can give you even odds on McCain vs. Hillary match up and close to even McCain vs. Obama.

If any of them win? Of cause. Bush will no longer be the president as of 01/01/09 and we will have whoever will most electoral votes in November election.

Well Obama is Cheney cousin. Does it qualify?

I would love to be wrong, but even if I am wrong and there actually will be a functioning, free election in November.

There will be free, functioning democratic election in November.

Rob P.
02-13-2008, 3:48 PM
Can anyone honestly say they think his father had no influence on how Obama was raised ?

Can you honestly say that he DID? Were you there? Do you know?

Of course not. Instead you're basing your opinion on some UNRELATED story designed to hype your fears. You know, a story by the SAME MEDIA everyone claims to distrust because they can't get it right or because they have some political agenda.

Seriously, I hope Kestryll weighs in here.

:ban:

BlackReef
02-13-2008, 3:51 PM
You may not like the guy. He may not be YOUR personal choice for president. However, you don't get a free pass to spew hatred and falsity to justify your choice whomever that may be (and I don't really CARE who it is either).

Yes I do. Its called the First Amendment

mothergreen
02-13-2008, 3:54 PM
its amazing to see the democrat rationalizations for voting for a man who will take away your means to defend yourself not to mention the money it costs you.

anyone here go to hocky games? do we not all stand for the canadian national anthem? I agree the song was horrid but I mean.. horrid renditions of the anthem have been around for a while now you still have to participate. keepin it real for odinga I guess.

SemiAutoSam
02-13-2008, 3:57 PM
From seeing how Islamics act and the disdain they have for their women I have a belief that his father would have a large influence on his education and upbringing.

I can see that you and I don't see eye to eye and I think I finally understand why.

You see I' m not a liberal.

And BTW the posts I make are just my opinion so there is no need to get your feelings hurt.

Can you honestly say that he DID? Were you there? Do you know?

Of course not. Instead you're basing your opinion on some UNRELATED story designed to hype your fears. You know, a story by the SAME MEDIA everyone claims to distrust because they can't get it right or because they have some political agenda.

Seriously, I hope Kestryll weighs in here.

:ban:

Rhys898
02-13-2008, 3:57 PM

Actually, the 1st Ammendment is his free pass to spew whatever the hell he wants. There is nothing in the BoR that gives you the right to not be offended.

Jer

Edit: damn, it appears I don't type as fast as I thought. between when I hit the quote button and when I hit save 3 more posts got in ahead of me. :)

jumbopanda
02-13-2008, 3:58 PM
Yes I do. Its called the First Amendment

What does freedom of speech have to do with anything? Your opinions are not illegal, but they do reflect on your bigotry and ignorance.

BTW, I would NEVER vote for Obama.

yellowfin
02-13-2008, 3:58 PM
Pray Heller has a good outcome and stops him / her before they get there. You think they'd actually pay attention to that? They already ignore the Constitution and most states' laws as it is.

SemiAutoSam
02-13-2008, 4:02 PM
One persons Ignorance is another's enlightenemt.

I wont tell you what to think as long as You don't tell me what to think.

IE I respect your right to say what ever you want as long as you respect my right to do the same.

What does freedom of speech have to do with anything? Your opinions are not illegal, but they do reflect on your bigotry and ignorance.

BTW, I would NEVER vote for Obama.

mblat
02-13-2008, 4:02 PM
its amazing to see the democrat rationalizations for voting for a man who will take away your means to defend yourself not to mention the money it costs you.

It hurts me to say that, but I agree with Bill Clinton. :eek: The whole thing about Obama is fairy tell.

Even if you agree with his desire to ban semiauto weapons, and whole other liberal non-sense, why don't you vote for Hillary? For very list he did have fairly productive 7 years in senate. She is well respected in Senate. She is friendly with many Republicans. I REALLY don't like her, but she has done something, even if I disagree with what she is done.

Obama? Geees..... He has ZERO accomplishments, he has done nothing to deserve to be on the ticket of the party that produced Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton, let along be in a lead for the nomination.

BlackReef
02-13-2008, 4:03 PM

Are you serious?

Did you even see what he asked?

He claimed I don't have a free pass to say things like that! Last time I checked, we all do and it is written in our Consitution.

jumbopanda
02-13-2008, 4:22 PM
Are you serious?

Did you even see what he asked?

He claimed I don't have a free pass to say things like that! Last time I checked, we all do and it is written in our Consitution.

I think you're interpreting that statement in a manner that is more serious that what was intended by the poster. He probably did not mean to say that you don't have the right to say what you want, but rather to imply that your argument is weak and unjustified.

Technical Ted
02-13-2008, 4:34 PM
Barack Hussein Obama
Somehow managed Sadam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden all in one name.
As if his parents had the ability to see 40 years into the future...uncanny...

Uncanny how ridiculous some people are in making lame connections.

If the hispanic American that could trace his family history in California back to the early 1800's were running for office, would you vote for him regardless of his party if his first name happened to be Jesus?

Why should I even trust you, based on your screen name? King$nake. In the bible, the devil came to Eve in The Garden of Eden as a snake. You must be evil incarnate!

Patriot
02-13-2008, 4:36 PM
As if his parents had the ability to see 40 years into the future...uncanny...

Uncanny how ridiculous some people are in making lame connections.

If the hispanic American that could trace his family history in California back to the early 1800's were running for office, would you vote for him regardless of his party if his first name happened to be Jesus?

If he was a fiscal conservative, he'd have one heck of a campaign slogan :p

And of course, if he broke down on national TV like a certain candidate, you know what the newspaper headlines would be the next morning :p :p

chris
02-13-2008, 4:37 PM
do you guys really want 20+ yrs of bush and clinton. do the math it adds up. we need someone else. heck the whitehouse is starting to look like our crappy state capitol. same people different positions.

i won't vote for Obama or Billery she was allready president anyway. which does not leave me much choice nor anyone else.

thedrickel
02-13-2008, 4:40 PM
Hmm, think I'd better get IBTL :)

Rhys898
02-13-2008, 4:53 PM
IBTL, Now that the klan has been brought up it can't be far off.

PS whoever posted the klan images is as/or more guilty of prejudice, bigotry, and spreading FUD as the people complaigning about BHO having a muslim name/background.

Jer

SemiAutoSam
02-13-2008, 5:08 PM
OK here is a somewhat related question Regarding This Obama guy.

Would anyone have any objection to a change in the law that stated to be considered a US citizen or American Citizen you would have to be born to parents that were also both united states Citizens or US citizens IE Americans ?

Do you feel this is wrong or immoral in any way, racist, ?

I feel if this kind of thing were implemented 30-40 years ago it would have kept America from becoming so entrenched with foreigners that refuse to assimilate into American society.

I have been doing a lot more research into the Natural Born Citizen element to disqualify Obama McCain and Hillary for the reason that she is a woman.

JarenC81
02-13-2008, 5:11 PM
The thread isn't about Kennedy. So, whatever Kennedy does or doesn't do isn't relevant to what Obama does or doesn't do.

Misdirection to avoid the truth.

You are avoiding his question, you called Rush a bigot but when he pointed out Ted Kennedy's same "slip-up" now its "not on topic" anymore. Interesting.

mothergreen
02-13-2008, 5:36 PM
It hurts me to say that, but I agree with Bill Clinton. :eek: The whole thing about Obama is fairy tell.

Even if you agree with his desire to ban semiauto weapons, and whole other liberal non-sense, why don't you vote for Hillary? For very list he did have fairly productive 7 years in senate. She is well respected in Senate. She is friendly with many Republicans. I REALLY don't like her, but she has done something, even if I disagree with what she is done.

Obama? Geees..... He has ZERO accomplishments, he has done nothing to deserve to be on the ticket of the party that produced Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy and Clinton, let along be in a lead for the nomination.

they do say that the best choice between two demons is the devil you know best. still I will not vote for either of them. I'll let the rest of california vote for hillary for me.

Would anyone have any objection to a change in the law that stated to be considered a US citizen or American Citizen you would have to be born to parents that were also both united states Citizens or US citizens IE Americans ?

I feel if this kind of thing were implemented 30-40 years ago it would have kept America from becoming so entrenched with foreigners that refuse to assimilate into American society.

I have been doing a lot more research into the Natural Born Citizen element to disqualify Obama McCain and Hillary for the reason that she is a woman.
not wrong at all and I agree with you.

MedSpec65
02-13-2008, 5:37 PM
Our voting population is comprised of people who demand instant gratification be delivered on every issue, due to the historic technological advances we have seen in the last 20 years. Most mature political observers know that real change is a very slow and painful process, especially in a huge Nation like this one. I think folks on both sides of the eisle are impatient for ANY KIND OF CHANGE, more because they are unhappy in their own skins than the actual state of affairs. Obama has capitalized on this dynamic and will simply finesse his way into office using his physical attributes and oratory skills. I believe his inexperience will result in isolation and an inability to accomplish any meaningful change. Other ambititious Democrats and Republican power-players will simply eat his lunch and hamstring him The country can coast for 4 years. We'll live through it. The chances of him getting any meaningful gun legislation passed are remote. Guns are not way up on his list.

troyus
02-13-2008, 5:37 PM
You are going to be suspicious of people because of the ethnic origins of their NAME given to them before they were even BORN?

That is racism pure and simple.

Rhys898
02-13-2008, 5:43 PM
You are going to be suspicious of people because of the ethnic origins of their NAME given to them before they were even BORN?

That is racism pure and simple.

You guys crack me up. It's not racism to be suspicious of someone because of their name when their name is not one normally identified with their race. His name makes him sound like a Middle Easterner, not a black person.

Jer

Rob454
02-13-2008, 5:47 PM
Personally I feel that Obama would be the wrong choice for me. He may be the great hope for other people and thats fine. I wont vote for him. I feel like Hillary will loose because Obama IS very charismatic and knows how to talk to people. Wether thats to tell them what they want to hear and paying lip service or he really believes in what he said I dont personally know. Time will tell. I can tell you that I dont like ANY of the people running for office currently but I feel it will be between McCain and Obama. In that case Im gonna vote McCain. Not because I believe in the guy. hell I cant stand him, and his always throwing it in your face Im a war hero. Also his stand on illegal immigration sucks.There are plenty of us who are veterans and we dont thump our chests about it. Granted he was a POW but there are other POWs who were in the same hell hole and I dont see them having a biach fit about it. Not sure who I woudl vote for if its McCain and Hillary. At least Hillary does have some weight with being the first lady. As for mCCain his statement of "Im from a border state and I know how to stop illegal immigration" Well hell man your state is overrun with illegals and you did nothing about it. now were gonna hand you the reins to a whole damn country. All of the sudden you expect me to believe you know everything on how to fix this country?
This whole subject gives me the ****s
Rob

Big O
02-13-2008, 5:48 PM
Obama has ZERO accomplishments. Idiots are voting for him because they "like his personality". Typical Liberals.

Zero accomplishments? People voting for him because they "like his personality?" Sounds like status quo in the White House. Not necessarily my choice for president, but if you're going to call somebody out on that, you need to consider the current president. At least Obama sounds smart, right there he has more going for himself than Mr. Nucular. He is a son of an immigrant and rose to become senator. Daddy didn't get him where he is. Not bad if you ask me.

Technical Ted
02-13-2008, 5:49 PM
You guys crack me up. It's not racism to be suspicious of someone because of their name when their name is not one normally identified with their race. His name makes him sound like a Middle Easterner, not a black person.
He should change his name to Toby? Kunta Kinte?

The appropriate words are bias and prejudice.

Try the green eggs and ham.

mymonkeyman

If you tried to change the definition of citizenship via statute you'd run into the problem that the 14th amendment sets a floor for citizenship, which grants citizenship to everyone born in the US (even without US parents) or naturalized in the US is a citizen. Also, you wouldn't want both parents to be US citizens because if other countries did the same thing you would end up with stateless people.

MT1
I cannot believe some of the crap that I am reading in here, some of you sound like inbreed, un-educated idiots who are one step away from a lynch mob, this thread is an embarrassment to the site.

and Hillary for the reason that she is a woman.

I personally hate Hillary Clinton, but your blatant sexism is disgusting.

bwiese
02-13-2008, 5:50 PM
There are numerous sufficient reasons to dislike Obama that we don't need to dredge up idiocies like this.

He's the worst of the big-city libtard socialists. He's different from the Hilldog in that Hillary is "structured organized evil", while Obama is a dude that'll spread the cookies to the nonearners.

jumbopanda
02-13-2008, 5:50 PM
I cannot believe some of the crap that I am reading in here, some of you sound like inbreed, un-educated idiots who are one step away from a lynch mob, this thread is an embarrassment to the site.

+100

Patriot
02-13-2008, 5:53 PM
IBTL

odesskiy
02-13-2008, 5:54 PM

This has nothing to do with sexism. If you have no clue as to what Sam is referring to, do some searching and reading before attacking him.

SemiAutoSam
02-13-2008, 5:54 PM
This IMO would be true if he were 100% Negro but from what I have read he isn't.

He is 1/2 White also.

Here is an interesting read about Obama's father.
http://rfkin2008.wordpress.com/2008/01/12/jfk-brought-obamas-father-to-us-in-1960/
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/1E203111-C96A-4EE6-97FF-ABEA9DAD3532/39743/1E203111C96A4EE697FFABEA9DAD3533.jpg

Another interesting Obama read here.
http://www.usvetdsp.com/dec06/obama_muslim.htm

Jer

jumbopanda
02-13-2008, 5:57 PM
This has nothing to do with sexism. If you have no clue as to what Sam is referring to, do some searching and reading before attacking him.

Except what he is referring to is a bunch of :TFH: nonsense. You can make the Constitution say a lot of things if you nit-pick at the semantics enough.

IBTL.

blacklisted
02-13-2008, 6:08 PM
There is NO reason to bring up his name and/or ethnic/racial background. His ideals and political history are enough to see that he is not what gun owners (and capitalists) should want as president.

thomasanelson
02-13-2008, 6:14 PM
Take it easy fellas. I just started the thread to make people aware of his anti-gun stance. I read today on Yahoo that he is taking away Independant and Republican votes from McCain. It is amazing because IMHO Obama is way left of Hillary.

aklover_91
02-13-2008, 6:32 PM
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:

Looks like SAS is right :\

I think it's BS and should be changed, but I'm going to have to support it on principle.

Looks like it's time for another amendment.

mecam
02-13-2008, 6:43 PM
http://www.10374.com/temp/popcorn.gif

scootergmc
02-13-2008, 6:43 PM
Take it easy fellas. I just started the thread to make people aware of his anti-gun stance. I read today on Yahoo that he is taking away Independant and Republican votes from McCain. It is amazing because IMHO Obama is way left of Hillary.

Like I've said before, Obama is the wacko liberal, Hillary is the socialist, and McCain is the only true democrat. Choose wisely.

scootergmc
02-13-2008, 6:45 PM

And your research consists of what? More internet links? :rolleyes:

Patriot
02-13-2008, 6:45 PM
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:

Looks like SAS is right :\

I think it's BS and should be changed, but I'm going to have to support it on principle.

Looks like it's time for another amendment.

Chances of any constitutional amendment being ratified notwithstanding, I think explicit incorporation of the bill of rights might be a higher priority ;)

scootergmc
02-13-2008, 6:55 PM
Since the towers fell, we should all be suspicious. After all, we didn't see that one coming did we?

Yeah we did. Don't you know it was an inside job orchestrated by the FED? :rolleyes:

MT1
02-13-2008, 6:58 PM
The same personal pronoun is used for the Senate and House sections, you would kind of think that if the requirement of the President to be a man was of huge importance that it would be specifically stated along side the age and citizenship requirements. :shrug:

Government usage

It is not unheard of for governments, clubs and other groups to reinterpret sentences like 'every member must take off his shoes before entering the chapel' to mean that therefore female members may not enter the chapel. Indeed, the Persons Case, the legal battle over whether Canadian women counted as legal persons eligible to sit in the Senate, partially turned on such a point.

In 1984 the Minnesota State Legislature ordered that all gender-specific language be removed from the state laws. After two years of work, the rewritten laws were adopted. Only 301 of 20,000 pronouns were feminine. "His" was changed 10,000 times and "he" was changed 6,000 times.

By contrast, the Constitution of Ireland, describes the President of Ireland throughout as 'he', yet the two most recent presidents were women; in 1997, four of the five candidates in the election were women. Efforts in a court case to argue that 'he' excluded women were dismissed by the Irish Supreme Court, which ruled the term 'gender-neutral'.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_pronoun

There was a time when using “he” was considered a universal way to refer to people. Masculine pronouns were used so often that people understood them to be applicable to women as well. These pronouns were often used in general terms, when no specific person was meant.

- http://languagestyle.suite101.com/article.cfm/personal_pronoun_usage

bluestaterebel
02-13-2008, 7:00 PM
i guess i thought that most people on a gun forum were conservative or atleast libertarian. I guess liberals and socialists like guns too. imean che gueverra liked guns. there are people on calguns that are proud to hang che gueverra's flag....and vote for hillary, obama, boxer & pelosi?

SC_00_05
02-13-2008, 7:26 PM
There is NO reason to bring up his name and/or ethnic/racial background. His ideals and political history are enough to see that he is not what gun owners (and capitalists) should want as president.

Yep, the man is a complete piece of **** without ever having to bring up anything regarding his racial background.

Those here who would vote for him better not ever complain about any gun laws in this state.

Kestryll
02-13-2008, 7:33 PM
I can not even begin to list the errors, foolishness and flat out violations of several rules in this thread, calling it a waste of bandwidth is being kind.

It's done and while some have received PM regarding their postings in this thread, other can expect a PM to be coming soon.