PDA

View Full Version : BB prince50 in Cali

Cambo5150
02-13-2008, 9:36 AM
I've read, I've read and I've read some more...This site has been very helpful. I'm looking into an AR with a mag lock of some kind. It looks like TenPercent Firearms sells complete AR's with BB or Prince50's. Anyone here bought a complete AR in Cali? I'm not much of a gunsmith so I'd like to buy a complete rifle if possible. I'm guessing this configuration is legal based on the research I've done. I wonder if there is an FFL in Northern Cal so I don't have to drive down there. Also, what are the odds of being able to shoot this thing in public in my area? I'd hate to have it confiscated on my first trip to a range. I currently own a Kel-Tec SU16 but I've never even shot it. I bought it because I wanted an AR and I figured it was the closest thing I could get to an AR, then I found Calguns! What do ya think?

JBird33
02-13-2008, 9:41 AM
First thing I would do, is go to the newbie thread and read up. Whether or not you need a mag lock depends on the type of AR build you're looking at. You don't need a mag lock if you build a "featureless" rifle. And I'm sure you could drive out somewhere in the woods in the Pollock Pines area or something and have nobody bug you about your AR. Just make sure to educate yourself, and keep it legal just in case something should happen. Welcome to the board!