PDA

View Full Version : History, Colt 357 CTG

tak123kib
02-12-2008, 4:52 PM
Can any one tell me about this revolver. I purchased it in clearfield PAabout twenty seven years ago. It was suppose to be State trooper gun just before PA went to the ruger security six. its markings a colt .357 CTG.

I think this gun is like the colt trooper, Am I correct.

I got a Colt .38 s&w or New police Cal. police positive and a .22 official police.

My father has a police positive .32-20 revolver. He told me He shot his first deer with a .32-20 rifle!!

could the CTG mean colt trooper government? I am looking for the ejection rod "HEAD". The Head screws off the ejection Rod.

thanks and God Bless TAK

Mickey D
05-13-2008, 8:07 PM
Can any one tell me about this revolver. I purchased it in clearfield PAabout twenty seven years ago. It was suppose to be State trooper gun just before PA went to the ruger security six. its markings a colt .357 CTG.

I think this gun is like the colt trooper, Am I correct.

I got a Colt .38 s&w or New police Cal. police positive and a .22 official police.

My father has a police positive .32-20 revolver. He told me He shot his first deer with a .32-20 rifle!!

could the CTG mean colt trooper government? I am looking for the ejection rod "HEAD". The Head screws off the ejection Rod.

thanks and God Bless TAK

CTG is an abreviation for "cartridge".
Since S&W developed the .357 cartridge, Colt did not want to have S&W rollmarked on their revolvers. So they simply stamped .357 CTG