PDA

View Full Version : Purchase OLL and other items now for your kids to have later?

Johnny Diablo
02-12-2008, 1:45 PM
Looking back perhaps if dad had bought preban receivers and normal capacity mags and stuck them in my name I would be sitting pretty right now.

I am considering purchasing a OLL lower for my 2 year old son and tossing it into the safe until he is ready. Who knows what laws may be passed between now and years from now.

I dont think I am the first to think of this. Any thoughts?

emc002
02-12-2008, 2:01 PM
With Kimber, Ruger and Springfield already refusing to create new guns that comply with CA unique requirements (mag disconnect + loaded chamber indicator + (maybe) microstamping), it's more than just OLLs you need to be collecting.
I had the same thought as you, but mainly relative to handguns for now. We'll have ample warning, thanks to the efforts of BWiese & Hoffmang before they'll again attack OLLs or other rifles.

Cobrarlc
02-12-2008, 2:06 PM
It is a great idea and a wonderful gift too. They will Thank you one day in the future for your forethought.

tyrist
02-12-2008, 2:34 PM
Is it too much to hope your children will look at you funny when they see dad's old guns and wonder what the silly gadgets were for?

Toolbox X
02-12-2008, 2:56 PM
By the time our sons are of age they will probably make barrels illegal, so you better buy an upper for that lower. :)

zinfull
02-12-2008, 4:20 PM
You be able to have all the guns you want. The 2nd Amendment will kick in. You just will not be able to buy ammo or powder. Bullets will be long gone because that is what kill children.

Jerry

sixtringr
02-12-2008, 7:31 PM
Great point Jerry. I am stocking up on cartriges and projectiles. I think those will be banned in the near future. My Son and Daughter will be glad Dad bought all that "cheap" stuff at Wal-mart.

Solidmch
02-12-2008, 8:02 PM
I buy guns just for that. Everything I own is so that my daughters will have fun shooting. I have three daughters all under 5. I have been buying guns for a long time. All with the thought it will be fun to dshoot with my family when they get ready. My wife has a few AR's. This is a family thing.

That and I want to shoot zombies with them!

vandal
02-12-2008, 8:27 PM
I just created a spreadsheet with columns for the different shooting activities, and rows for each child. Then I picked which of my guns would satisfy those roles. I then looked at what was left over, and if I don't shoot it I'm selling it.

Ex:

Plinking/Learning -- Personal Defense -- Home Defense -- 2nd Amendment -- Hunting.

Child 1 (boy)

1911 .22 conversion,10/22 -- Glock 26, Glock 19, 1911 -- 12 ga -- OLL -- Rem 700

Child 2 (girl)

Single Six, Chipmunk rifle -- SP101, Kahr P9, Colt Mustang -- M1 Carbine -- Saiga -- Lever Action + 16ga

If my kid decides he wants to compete at Camp Perry, well too bad. This isn't a fantasy factory, it's a "cover the bases" attempt.

Hopefully my kids will get out of CA so I can pass them my "assault weapons!"

Solidmch
02-12-2008, 8:42 PM
Hopefully sb-23 will get overturned, and the freedom deniers will be run out of my home state.

Hopefully my kids will get out of CA so I can pass them my "assault weapons!"

AJAX22
02-12-2008, 8:50 PM
Bury a gun, ammo, and maintenance supplies for each of your kids.

All those guns in the safe won't do a lick of good if 'they' decide that daddy was 'seditious', or some crazy woman files a TRO on you, or ....