PDA

View Full Version : California District 13

Zhukov
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if there have been active attempts to get a pro-gun replacement for Pete Stark anytime recently? If so, which parties? How close were the votes?

From what I'm seeing he's had upwards of like 70%...uhg...

yellowfin
02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Looking at the map it looks like the district is custom shaped to insure a monopoly.

Zhukov
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Looking at the map it looks like the district is custom shaped to insure a monopoly.

I think that's how pretty much all the districts are, hence why people tried to change the landscape on that. Yet everyone opposed it because OMG, they might actually lose seats.

CCWFacts
02-12-2008, 1:51 PM
These guys came up with a simple mathematical formula for drawing districts. It can't possibly be biased because it's simple math, with no human input. And they're not drawing it to achieve any particular outcome because they are applying it in many states where it would have diverse effects.

Anyway, here's the "math-drawn" district map for CA:

http://www.rangevoting.org/SSHR/ca_final.png

This would be a huge improvement for us, resulting in truly competitive races.

yellowfin
02-12-2008, 4:50 PM
Good grief! How have people let them get away with this!?!?!? :mad:

FallingDown
02-13-2008, 2:51 AM
Does anyone know if there have been active attempts to get a pro-gun replacement for Pete Stark anytime recently? If so, which parties? How close were the votes?

From what I'm seeing he's had upwards of like 70%...uhg...

LOL - A UC Berkeley paper said that the 13th was the most liberal place in the nation, even more than Boston, Portland, San Francisco or New York.