PDA

View Full Version : LAN World, Inc. announces the California Compliant FN FS2000

Cbieling
02-11-2008, 9:05 PM
We are excited to announce the much anticipated release of the California Compliant FN FS2000.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/FS2000.jpg

Available in either black or green, this rifle demonstrates our continued commitment to bringing the California shooter quality firearms that are compliant to state laws while retaining their original appearance.

Using a magazine lock and extended flash hider (fully reversible), both custom machined to our highest quality standards, this rifle is the latest in our line of great California firearms.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/Rifle.html

Thanks again,

Chris

801-878-4880

FlyingPen
02-11-2008, 9:23 PM
Wow, awesome job,are you guys going to be at the Del Mar gun show?

SVRider
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
OH, you're killin me here!!!!

Would you mind posting some details of how the lock works? Is the magazine completely locked in there and you have to load through the top? Looks like that might be difficult...

More info please....

Thx.

Addax
02-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Excellent!

Is the mag lock on this FS2000 like the bullet button?

xxG3xx
02-12-2008, 3:36 AM
tagged for anwser

gosparx
02-12-2008, 5:26 AM
Damn... already cleared out the piggy-bank!

I have a PS-90 that I love...

I can just imagine how much fun the 2000 would be to shoot!

Maybe it's time to go look through the safe... I've never sold a gun in order to be buy another gun... but maybe that time has come??

Nefarious
02-12-2008, 6:04 AM
Ohh my.. they are finally ready huh. I knew I should have stayed away from this thread!

Cbieling
02-12-2008, 8:40 AM
This rifle design uses a machined part which consists of a guide plate and button. This installs flush with the rifle. You simply insert a "tool" tip through the guide plate location hole and press the release button. The magazine comes out the bottom as normal. We used a 10/30 magazine for our photo. The guide plate is visible in the photo just above the magazine well. It is blended into the design of the rifle.

The guide plate and lock are installed by our design shop so the modification is professionally done.

The flash hider slips "over" the existing muzzle device and is indexed and locked in place. The colors match perfectly to the factory barrel color as well. If you remove it you will see the original muzzle device.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Chris

glockman19
02-12-2008, 8:51 AM
Chris,

Thanks again.

soopafly
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
There used to be no practical application for those 10/30 mags. With this rifle, that has changed. Thanks Chris.

toolman9000
02-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Will this rifle accept straight bodied 20 round mags limited to 10 rounds of course (10/20 mags)?

http://www.mwgco.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/RC-556-20R-l.jpg

I just don't like having the extra protrusion if it can't be filled with ammo.

gosparx
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
There used to be no practical application for those 10/30 mags. With this rifle, that has changed. Thanks Chris.

No practical application?? What about my guns pride and self respect? :confused:

Saying that 10/30 mags have no application is like saying that there is no practical application for "neuticles" for dogs!!! :D

Or that there is no reason for 'truck nuts'...

Although, to get one of these rifles... I may have to sell a n**. I wonder if there is someplace that will take one in trade?? :rolleyes:

Cbieling
02-12-2008, 4:15 PM
The 10/20 magazine will fit and work in this rifle. Keep in mind that this rifle uses a rubber weather seal to prevent dirt from going up past the magazine and into the chamber. This is a great design idea but it does "grip" the magazine so pulling out the 20 round magazine against the rubber seal is a bit challenging. The 10/30 gives you much more leverage to grasp and remove. You could use ranger floor plates on the magazine to help pull it out if needed.

Thanks for all the interest in this great rifle.

Chris

SVRider
02-12-2008, 9:44 PM
Oh Chris....my wallet hurts already!

I would just like to clarify....the manual "tool" lock completely bypasses the regular lock? I got to play with one of these briefly when I was out of state. The standard mag lock is the giant button just forward of the magazine. If I am understanding this correctly, that button is no longer used and somehow the magazine latch is manually actuated directly...is that correct? I'm not trying to copy your design, just get a clear understanding of what I would be getting myself into....

Also, would you please clarify...the break is a slip-on, slip-off affair that just locks on to the existing flash hider (no sealants, thread-lockers, etc)?

As I mentioned, I got a chance to handle one of these when I was out of state and I can honestly say it is about the best balanced, best handling longgun I've ever had the pleasure of laying my hands on....

Chris, thanks for doing this...it's great to see....

grammaton76
02-13-2008, 1:22 AM
Out of curiousity, how are you dealing with the secondary mag release on the left side of the rifle? Didn't see it addressed in the discussion.

Cbieling
02-14-2008, 7:44 PM
The magazine releases are isolated and the side button is incorporated into the magazine lock device. This modification was not for the faint of heart it took nearly 4 months of R&D to get it just right. The modification is extremely clean and professional looking.

Thanks again,
Chris

brewnoox
02-14-2008, 9:10 PM
Nice looking mods, Chris. How hard would it be to convert this rifle to a non bullet button when out of state? I do a fair amount of shooting in NV, and would hate to the butt of all those guys' jokes when I have to go through a 3 step process simply to remove a magazine :)

draconianruler
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
:wub: Hmm........I might have to spend my economy stimulus money of this :D

brasscoe
02-21-2008, 9:26 PM
Thanks one nice PS-90 stock extension, can I ask where you go it?

Damn... already cleared out the piggy-bank!

I have a PS-90 that I love...

I can just imagine how much fun the 2000 would be to shoot!

Maybe it's time to go look through the safe... I've never sold a gun in order to be buy another gun... but maybe that time has come??

MotoJB
04-02-2008, 5:13 PM
Oh no...there goes more $$$.