View Full Version : Keltec SU16 CA Double Firing Issues

02-10-2008, 9:35 AM
I Recently Bought a Keltec SU-16 CA Rifle, brand new. Cleaned and oiled it...

First 20 rounds through it and it double fired twice. 300 rounds later it was fine and only jammed about three times. Took it apart and cleaned and oiled it...

A Week later put 200 more rounds through it. Almost consistantly double fires with one trigger pull or chambers round but is not cocked. Don;t know if not cocked is the proper term for it, but it chambers a round and when you pull the trigger there's no click, no boom, no destruction, just...waiting.

Honestly the double firing is kind of cool but that technically means I own a machine gun in california, which definately isn't cool for me if I get caught. And I don't know how safe it is with this double firing, especially after seeing the pictures on here of that Keltec in pieces.

I'd prefer not to send the rifle back to keltec to be fixed. If they're anything like the cnc shop I work at it'll take a couple months till I see this thing back in my hands, and that equals the end of the shooting season in th local mountains.

Any suggestions, Thanks.

02-10-2008, 9:47 AM
Send it back to Keltec.

02-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds like the hammer is following the bolt forward.

02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Better get it fixed while you still have a face, when a SU receiver goes the bolt carrier comes right out the back where your face is resting

02-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Send it back like now.
Kel-Tec has outstanding customer service and it won't be months.
It really is a safety issue.

02-10-2008, 5:00 PM
I sent my PF-9 back and they had it fixed and returned in about 4 weeks. Just call them 1 800 515 9983 and they'll probably tell you to send it in.

02-10-2008, 8:17 PM
tell them to keep it, I did and got my money back and built my first AR

02-10-2008, 8:47 PM
You posted the answer to your own question. Send it back or take it to a gunsmith before you go to jail or blow your face off.