PDA

View Full Version : Now offering individual lower parts

shark92651
02-09-2008, 2:10 PM
I am now offering individual lower receiver parts for sale on RifleGear.com. There are now two categories for lower parts: Lower Parts Kits, which features complete LPKs, and Lower Receiver Parts, which has all the individual lower receiver parts. There is also a "clickable" schematic that can be used to navigate to the part you are interested in to view and add to your cart.

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/calguns/lowerparts.jpg

sardaukar
02-25-2008, 12:34 AM
I needed this a while back. I think I'll order a few bolt catches, bolt catch springs, and the like just in case my AR decides to break another.

.22guy
02-25-2008, 6:45 PM
What's the shipping like on these small parts?

shark92651
02-25-2008, 7:51 PM
What's the shipping like on these small parts?

Ah, there's the rub :D The shipping system I use (web-based) does not provide support for 1st class US postal - which could be as little as a couple bucks for a small padded envelope. As it is, the lowest I currently support is US Postal Express, which is $4.60 to most places in California for a package under a pound.

.22guy
02-25-2008, 9:36 PM
Dude, just drop it in an evelope! :) That was the hard thing, buying a couple of one dollar parts and then paying 8.95 shipping. You could be the go-to guy for lower parts.... :)

shark92651
02-27-2008, 9:39 AM
Dude, just drop it in an evelope! :) That was the hard thing, buying a couple of one dollar parts and then paying 8.95 shipping. You could be the go-to guy for lower parts.... :)

I hear ya, but $4.60 is not bad - just buy something else to justify the shipping cost :D I suppose I could hand write out a label, put stamps on it, manually add the shipping to the order total, run an ad-hoc charge for the shipping, etc... but that is a lot of work when I'm making maybe .10 on a detent spring :) If my website and US Postal order processing/shipping system supported 1st class mail then I would definitely offer it.

marksbb
02-27-2008, 9:46 PM
Actually, your shipping charge is $9.75 for shipping to california. I ordered about half a dozen springs and detents from you over the weekend. The shipping costs as much as the parts.

shark92651
02-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Actually, your shipping charge is $9.75 for shipping to california. I ordered about half a dozen springs and detents from you over the weekend. The shipping costs as much as the parts.

Was that US Postal or UPS? If that was US Postal then please contact me with your name or order number because something is not right and I'd like to see why it was so high.

marksbb
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
It was ups. I believe that was either my only choice or my cheapest choice...101427

shark92651
02-27-2008, 10:59 PM
It was ups. I believe that was either my only choice or my cheapest choice...101427

Mark,

I see what the problem is - it had your order weight at 9 lbs! I discovered that some of the weights were set wrong on some of the lower parts so it defaulted to .5 lbs for each of a couple of the parts you ordered - obviously that will add up pretty quick when buying multiple items. I corrected all the weights but your order came in before I made this adjustment. I just adjusted your order total so you will only be charged $4.60 for shipping US Postal Priority Mail. I should be able to get your order out tomorrow as the detent springs I am waiting on should be coming in tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about this.

Thanks,
David

marksbb
02-28-2008, 9:30 AM
Thanks David, It's nice to see customer service like that!

blisster
03-13-2008, 10:03 AM
great service and fast shipping. Will do buisness with David again!