PDA

View Full Version : Can I order a factory built LMT lower?

calAWBsux
02-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Is it possible to purchase a complete LMT lower from Rainier? Or are we just regulated to purchasing STRIPPED lowers that we have to put together ourselves?

Thanks.

FlyingPen
02-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Try coldwarshooters.com they have LMT Factory built lowers.

calAWBsux
02-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Do they install the BB kit?

DedEye
02-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Do they install the BB kit?

Yes, CWS will install the BB for you. Not sure if Rainier will do that as well.

calAWBsux
02-09-2008, 1:12 PM
Thanks.

bwiese
02-09-2008, 1:49 PM
Shouldn't be an issue one way or another.

I've built ARs in bed while watching Jay Leno on TV. Major worry was whether or not the cat would get in the small parts before I could install 'em.

tenpercentfirearms
02-09-2008, 4:49 PM
I've built ARs in bed while watching Jay Leno on TV. Major worry was whether or not the cat would get in the small parts before I could install 'em. The amazing thing is this guy questions my sexuality because I wear rubber shoes and ride a yellow scooter.

You will need to ask Rainer if they will send it to you. If not, Coldwarshooters will take care of you. I am going to order a bunch of the LMT Defender packages from the SHOT Show by the end of the month. I can't resist and I am a LMT fan.

isitkool
02-09-2008, 4:52 PM
Is it possible to purchase a complete LMT lower from Rainier? Or are we just regulated to purchasing STRIPPED lowers that we have to put together ourselves?

Thanks.

IIRC Rainier will soon be stocking the BB. I asked them in the past if they stock stripped LMT lowers and they said the LMT lowers come complete with the LPK and stock.

calAWBsux
02-11-2008, 6:53 PM
Rainier will not sell a complete LMT lower with BB, as they are hesitant to do so. I completely understand their position.

isitkool
02-11-2008, 9:20 PM
Try Coldwarshooters or Landworldinc. They can install the BB and ship it to your local FFL depending on your FFL.

Omega13device
02-12-2008, 9:50 AM
You could always ask Rainier to remove the stock and grip, then it will be legal to send to your FFL. Then just install the BB and magazine yourself before you install the grip and stock.

DedEye
02-12-2008, 1:04 PM
You could always ask Rainier to remove the stock and grip, then it will be legal to send to your FFL. Then just install the BB and magazine yourself before you install the grip and stock.

Honestly even this isn't necessary anymore (depending on the mood of the receiving FFL). It's been discussed quite a bit on here that a lower - even a complete one with evil features - is not a "semi-automatic, centerfire rifle." As such, it doesn't need a mag lock and is legal to have with an open magwell (but you'd damn well better use a mag lock before attaching a centerfire, semi-auto upper to that lower).

aplinker
02-12-2008, 3:21 PM
Unfortunately with LMT lowers they're only sold built.

Without an upper they're not a rifle, as DedEye said, so as long as the FFL or shipper is willing you're fine.

Shouldn't be an issue one way or another.

I've built ARs in bed while watching Jay Leno on TV. Major worry was whether or not the cat would get in the small parts before I could install 'em.

Omega13device
02-12-2008, 4:14 PM
Honestly even this isn't necessary anymore (depending on the mood of the receiving FFL). It's been discussed quite a bit on here that a lower - even a complete one with evil features - is not a "semi-automatic, centerfire rifle." As such, it doesn't need a mag lock and is legal to have with an open magwell (but you'd damn well better use a mag lock before attaching a centerfire, semi-auto upper to that lower).
Agreed, but since Rainier apparently wasn't even comfortable sending it with a BB attached, I thought that removing the features might be a "less scary" option for them.