PDA

View Full Version : 80% Lowers in 2014

hundy
12-02-2013, 5:13 PM
I am sorry to ask if this questions answer is obvious. I have been very busy at work and home. I have donated and donated. But I have not had time to read the new current laws that are going to take effect.
I know about the lead ammo ban.
But where I am confused is this.
I am getting ready to buy a 80% lower. The person I get them from told me to place my order quickly. As of jan 1014 he can no longer make them.
Is that accurate? I was thinking he may be confused with the high capacity magazine law. But I am not sure myself.
Can anyone let me know are there new laws and/or bans on private sales on 80% lowers.

Thank you

Jay

a1c
12-02-2013, 5:15 PM
There are no new laws or regulations on the manufacture and sale of 80% lowers.

hundy
12-02-2013, 5:17 PM
Thank you, I really think he was confused on what he was trying to explain.

Jay

BumBum
12-02-2013, 6:01 PM
Just make sure you are prepared to do the work yourself and are not planning on having a CNC shop mill it for you. Those have all been shut down the last month or two by the ATF.

tamalpias
12-02-2013, 6:06 PM
My question is if my friend had a shop and is willing to help me (no money exchanged) can he still help me?

BumBum
12-02-2013, 8:06 PM
My question is if my friend had a shop and is willing to help me (no money exchanged) can he still help me?

I'm not biting. Nor should OP's thread be hijacked with a question discussed at length in other threads, like this one for example: The era of the 80% party is OVER... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=841799)