PDA

View Full Version : Adding insult to injury

Matt C
02-07-2008, 5:51 PM
Someone between the LASD, the court, and the DOJ neglected to remove the TRO from whatever electronic file they have on me, so my DROS was kicked back (I lose $35 :mad:). I half expected this though, since quite a few people were unhappy with the results of my case. I'll keep this thread updated.

pnkssbtz
02-07-2008, 5:54 PM
God I hope karma catches up to those *sshats.

metalhead357
02-07-2008, 5:54 PM
That SUX big time. Please keep us updated.

fairfaxjim
02-07-2008, 5:57 PM
You didn't really expect them to exclaim "You win!" now did you? I don't think my sig line applies to this one.

Hope you get it cleared easily.

Liberty1
02-08-2008, 5:35 AM
I pledge $1.00 toward a new dros when the time comes. Now you only need 34 more sponsors! Hey does this give you civil grounds to sue the county for the $35, pain, suffering and embarrassment of a denial?;)

oaklander
02-08-2008, 5:38 AM
That bites!!!

Someone between the LASD, the court, and the DOJ neglected to remove the TRO from whatever electronic file they have on me, so my DROS was kicked back (I lose $35 :mad:). I half expected this though, since quite a few people were unhappy with the results of my case. I'll keep this thread updated.

rkt88edmo
02-08-2008, 6:36 AM
ugh, hope it gets cleared up and you can take your new friends home soon.

Matt C
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I pledge $1.00 toward a new dros when the time comes. Now you only need 34 more sponsors! Hey does this give you civil grounds to sue the county for the $35, pain, suffering and embarrassment of a denial?;)

Actually it does, the idea has been considered and may happen. Apparently I have to file a claim/complaint with the agency, wait 45 days, then I can file a small claims action.

Soldier415
02-08-2008, 12:21 PM

I second that motion. Only 33 left

Keep us updated. Seems as though they are very sore losers. When you go to small claims court you should wear one of the new Iggy shirts :D

El Barto
02-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I'll kick in a buck. Matt, is the ELAC club still active, or did it go away once you left?

Matt C
02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I'll kick in a buck. Matt, is the ELAC club still active, or did it go away once you left?

It's inactive, but it still has $$$ on the books. If you want to re-activate it as president let me know, both the national students for the second amendment guys and the club advisor at ELAC are eager to get the club going again. I am still taking a class there and I would definitely help out as VP or something. I'm still the socal coordinator for Sf2A, which is now in 22 states. Barret wants to donate guns as well...

ptoguy2002
02-08-2008, 7:16 PM
Matt:
I never contributed to your defense fund, and feel guilty, so your entire re-dros is on me. Screw this dollar bs.
PM me.
Need to get you re-armed ASAP.
Rob

armspin
02-10-2008, 7:03 PM
Did I miss the post that showed your outstanding bills with TM? Apologies in advance if I did...

artherd
02-11-2008, 9:52 AM
Matt, I will cover the remainder AND your small claims filing fees!

FEDUPWBS
02-14-2008, 3:44 PM
SUE THIER *****$$$$ AGAIN!! I unfortunately can believe this. Next time BWO will just build one from a flat!!!;)

gazzavc
02-15-2008, 8:03 AM
Count me in for a couple of bucks too.

Gaz

thedrickel
02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Next time BWO will just build one from a flat!!!;)

+1 . . . . . . . :cheers2:

Knauga
02-22-2008, 4:29 PM
Has this been corrected yet?

Roccobro
03-09-2008, 7:18 PM
Has this been corrected yet?

How about now?

Justin

Matt C
03-09-2008, 7:20 PM
Nope, maybe some news next week. :mad:

Budd
03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
bump

Stormfeather
03-21-2008, 8:31 PM
Has this been rectified?

Matt C
03-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Has this been rectified?

No.:mad: I can't really afford to press my legal team to work on it since I already owe them $15k.:(

Quake0
03-22-2008, 10:15 PM
How do we send him more money? we need to get this taken care of!

Matt C
03-23-2008, 4:33 PM
How do we send him more money? we need to get this taken care of!

Checks should be made out to "Trutanich-Michel Trust Fund," and list on the subject/memo line "Matthew Corwin Legal Defense Fund." Send them to

Trutanich-Michel LLP
180 E. Ocean Blvd., Ste 200
Long Beach, CA 90802

Thanks

Matt

sunborder
03-24-2008, 7:29 PM
Will send a small donation when tax refund checks come in.

thedrickel
04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Will send a small donation when tax refund checks come in.

Me too. This is ridiculous.

anthonyca
08-19-2008, 8:56 PM
Has this been fixed? I am in a situation where I was arrested for a prohibiting ofense. The charges were dropped and I have my arrest and criminal record and court papers stating this but my DROS was denied. I actually got ahold of the woman who denied it and she was what I expected from a state worker. She stated that I am prohibited and had been arrested. When I told her too look at the whole screen and read where it said dropped she stated again that I was arrested for a prohibiting offence and I can try to appeal it if I want in her smug Govt employee voice. This really upsets me how someone who could never hold a real job can have control over your life and freedoms like this. Now I am out over $100, livescan prints, DROS ect., and then there is the lost time and frustration. Thanks for being strong BWO!!!!!

rue
08-21-2008, 7:19 AM
Has this been fixed? I am in a situation where I was arrested for a prohibiting ofense. The charges were dropped and I have my arrest and criminal record and court papers stating this but my DROS was denied. I actually got ahold of the woman who denied it and she was what I expected from a beouricrat. She stated that I am prohibited and had been arrested. When I told her too look at the whole screen and read where it said dropped she stated again that I was arrested for a prohibiting offence and I can try to appeal it if I want in her smug Govt employee voice. This really upsets me how someone who could never hold a real job can have control over your life and freedoms like this. Now I am out over $100, livescan prints, DROS ect., and then there is the lost time and frustration. Thanks for being strong BWO!!!!!

I was charged with a crime but never arrested years ago. Some guy said I "poked" him in the chest during an arguement and the DA decided to make an example of me or something :rolleyes: I had a DROS active at the time and was denied. I called the number they gave me and some lady down at DOJ said, "you commited a crime sir that's why we denied you" I then reminded her you are innocent until proven guilty in this country and just because you're accused of something doesn't mean it's truth. She said until it's resolved I couldn't buy any guns and if I was convicted they'll be taking my guns for 10 years. I was never convicted of course because it was a BS charge but it took them another month to take off the barr on my DROS.
I feel your pain man, they seem to take great joy in taking our rights away. Things like this make me want to become a lawyer and fight these guys.

E Pluribus Unum
08-21-2008, 1:35 PM
I was charged with a crime but never arrested years ago. Some guy said I "poked" him in the chest during an arguement and the DA decided to make an example of me or something :rolleyes: I had a DROS active at the time and was denied. I called the number they gave me and some lady down at DOJ said, "you commited a crime sir that's why we denied you" I then reminded her you are innocent until proven guilty in this country and just because you're accused of something doesn't mean it's truth. She said until it's resolved I couldn't buy any guns and if I was convicted they'll be taking my guns for 10 years. I was never convicted of course because it was a BS charge but it took them another month to take off the barr on my DROS.
I feel your pain man, they seem to take great joy in taking our rights away. Things like this make me want to become a lawyer and fight these guys.

That is kinda weird.... a few years ago I was wrongfully accused of domestic violence. The cops took my guns for "safe keeping" and held them for over a month. In the mean time I went down to the gun store and bought a new gun. Because I was only arrested for it, no charges were filed (no evidence) I was still able to buy a gun but the PD refused to give my old ones back.

JesseXXX
08-22-2008, 5:02 PM
Check inbound.... small amount, but from my chamber, I mean heart... :)

Matt C
08-22-2008, 5:03 PM
Check inbound.... small amount, but from my chamber, I mean heart... :)

Thanks! I may have some news issue on this very soon.

Knauga
08-22-2008, 7:54 PM
2 Weeks? ;)

drawn
08-26-2008, 3:19 PM
If it's not one thing it's another.

truthseeker
08-26-2008, 8:12 PM
The person you spoke with at DOJ is probably a GS-5 Office Assistant/Secretary (they are worthless). Call and ask to speak to someone that is a Branch Chief or Supervisor in that division, if they refuse tell them you will file a lawsuit if they don't put someone in charge on the phone. When they transfer you to a Supervisor then tell them why you called.

Matt C
08-26-2008, 9:42 PM
The person you spoke with at DOJ is probably a GS-5 Office Assistant/Secretary (they are worthless). Call and ask to speak to someone that is a Branch Chief or Supervisor in that division, if they refuse tell them you will file a lawsuit if they don't put someone in charge on the phone. When they transfer you to a Supervisor then tell them why you called.

It would not make much difference, they won't take something out of the computer that the county puts into it.

JGarrison
08-29-2008, 4:46 AM
A few years ago I was unable to buy a gun due to a previous 5150. I went to court on my own and had the 5150 removed from my record, all I had to do was fax/mail the court paperwork to the DOJ and shortly thereafter I was able to buy a gun again.

It's odd it's taking you this long to get it taken care of!