PDA

View Full Version : Prop 93 fails, many new faces in 2009

Rivers
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
With the defeat of the term limit "adjustment" Proposition 93, CA has about 42 legislators who cannot run for re-election. That means we have an opportunity NOW to put a new face and attitude in the CA legislature.

Do we know exactly who cannot run for re-election and whether that seat was previously hostile or friendly?

Can we start some kind of list for CA's legislators? One that defines:
District #
Assembly or Senate
Current name
Terming out (yes/no)
Dem or Rep
Hostile/Friendly (maybe scale of 1-10)
Prospects for 2009

Roccobro
02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
When the hell are the two anti-gun old bags going to get the boot? I've been suffering them my whole adult life here in CA. :mad:

This is a another great idea here Rivers.

Peanut butter Sticky time! ! !

Justin

Piper
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
This is good news, but the hearts and minds of Californians needs to be changed from an entitlement mindset to self reliance. In other words, we need people who will vote for limited government and politicians who will administrate the government and not legislate our lives into draconian restrictions.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Great idea!

This is really where we need to make our voices heard. For those of us falling into these, and other, Districts, we need to create some form of message campaign letting the candidate know that gun owners they plan on representing will hold them accountable for their votes.

I dont believe we have the base to swing an election one war or another YET, but there is no reason we cant be as loud and vocal as our opposition.

M1A Rifleman
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
When the hell are the two anti-gun old bags going to get the boot?
Justin

Well said! ;)

RideIcon
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm pro gun!

vote for me!!!

trashman
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
OPEN TARGETS:

AD 30- Currently occupied by Asm. Nicole Parra (D), this pro gun central valley seat has a stong democratic voter registration advantage, but their values are incredibly conservative. Look for a serious fight here.

Just curious -- what's she vulnerable on? I gather she's from a local Bakersfield political family.

--Neill

rue
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
bye bye I voted NO! to more of the same!

fairfaxjim
02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
When the hell are the two anti-gun old bags going to get the boot? I've been suffering them my whole adult life here in CA. :mad:

You only see TWO? You need some glasses Roccobro!

fairfaxjim
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Just curious -- what's she vulnerable on? I gather she's from a local Bakersfield political family.

--Neill

She's term limited out at. She has announced she won't run for the State Senate.

bountyhunter
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

This is a another great idea here Rivers.

Peanut butter Sticky time! ! !

Justin

If you mean Feinslime and Boxer, they will die in office. In case you haven't noticed: in a democracy, the majority rules and the majority in kali are buying the "guns are evil" crap those two spout.

back to what I said earlier about states get the government they deserve.... and a state where the majority of voters are brain-dead sheeple get one like the one we have right now.

They are not going to suddenly start voting pro-gun just because a new batch of crooks runs for office.

trashman
02-07-2008, 1:56 PM
termed out.

Of course -- thanks.

--Neill

Can'thavenuthingood
02-07-2008, 7:53 PM
So which Calgunners are available to run for office?

Regarding Parra's district: Map http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a30/images/map30.jpg

The 30th Assembly District has a large Latino population. In fact, Latinos account for 62% of the district's population. The second largest ethnic group is Caucasian at 26%, followed by African Americans at 7%, and other ethnic groups accounting for the remaining 5%.

The local economy is also supported by the corrections industry. The 30th Assembly District is home to six prisons that are spread throughout the district. The cities that have prisons include Coalinga, Avenal, Delano, Wasco, and Corcoran (which operates two facilities). The prison industry in the district has employed over 8,300 staff maintaining 33,400 inmates.
http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a30/district.htm

Vick

CCWFacts
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
It looks like our new senate majority leader will be Darrell Steinberg (http://dist06.casen.govoffice.com/) from Sacramento.

In 10 min of googling I didn't find much that indicates Sen. Steinberg cares about guns, except this one minor thing: background checks when police return guns (http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/ready-aim-sign/1344/). That doesn't sound like bad idea, really, if it's done properly.

My conclusion is that gun-phobia is one of outgoing Sen. Perata's personal obsessions, and it is not a personal obsession of incoming leader Sen Steinberg. He's also from Sacramento, a slightly more conservative and gun-friendly district than Perata's district.