11-26-2013, 9:44 PM
Lol thanks

kygen
11-26-2013, 9:46 PM
no problem ;D

get em while you can

Scuba951
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Residence: where you live. My residence is in texas.
Residents: people who live in a certain place. California residents will not be able to purchase rebuild kits after 12/31/13.

taperxz
11-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Residence: where you live. My residence is in texas.
Residents: people who live in a certain place. California residents will not be able to purchase rebuild kits after 12/31/13.

If the NRA lawyers don't know this for sure, how do you?

Quiet
11-27-2013, 7:27 AM
Is it true that CA residence will NOT be able to purchase rebuilds after dec 2013?

Yes.
AB48 was passed into law and goes into effect on 01-01-2014.

Penal Code 32310
(a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2000, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.
(b) For purposes of this section, "manufacturing" includes both fabricating a magazine and assembling a magazine from a combination of parts, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, to be a fully functioning large-capacity magazine.

Penal Code 32311
(a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2014, any person in this state who knowingly manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large capacity magazine conversion kit is punishable by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) or imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment. This section does not apply to a fully assembled large-capacity magazine, which is governed by Section 32310.
(b) For purposes of this section, a "large capacity magazine conversion kit" is a device or combination of parts of a fully functioning large-capacity magazine, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.

Shorthair
11-27-2013, 7:58 AM
Get em before 1/1/2014. No matter who wins this arguement you will legaly have what you need. Atleast until they re-legislate them next year.

BigPimping
11-27-2013, 6:19 PM
Get em before 1/1/2014. No matter who wins this arguement you will legaly have what you need. Atleast until they re-legislate them next year.

Can I keep the ones I have with Mag blocks in them?

Quiet
11-27-2013, 8:04 PM
Can I keep the ones I have with Mag blocks in them?

Yes.

HappyCamper781
11-27-2013, 8:18 PM
"Kits" will be illegal, but individual parts... those will not be illegal.

That tapping sound? The mass of vendors, resellers, and customers, tap dancing around this meaningless law.

Medics197
11-27-2013, 8:22 PM
"Kits" will be illegal, but individual parts... those will not be illegal.

That tapping sound? The mass of vendors, resellers, and customers, tap dancing around this meaningless law.

thats my question, so say if you order all the parts "seperately" parts from here and there its techinically legal. seems like a very grey area to stay out of and not worth it.

HappyCamper781
11-27-2013, 8:28 PM
If you need the parts to repair legally possessed magazines... you need the parts. And it's still legal to buy the individual parts.

blazeaglory
11-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Such a dumb law...

So now will this make it illegal to posses so called "kits" as well? Say if someone is taking apart their mag to clean it, they now have a "kit"...So stupid.

plumbworker
11-30-2013, 12:16 PM
i like how they call them "conversion kits" :facepalm:

Librarian
11-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Such a dumb law...

So now will this make it illegal to posses so called "kits" as well? Say if someone is taking apart their mag to clean it, they now have a "kit"...So stupid.

No. Possession of kits is not illegal.

Acquiring new ones is one part of the issue, along with distinguishing between 'conversion kits' and 'repair kits', clarifying that re-assembly of an existing magazine is not illegal 'manufacturing', and clarifying that the linguistic nonsense of one part being a 'kit' actually will be followed in a prosecution (if ever one comes about); a kit in the law is a 'combination of parts'.

vintagearms
11-30-2013, 12:23 PM
The only issue I see is getting mag bodies. I don't think anyone is going to have trouble getting springs, followers, etc.