PDA

View Full Version : Longbow made by Rudderbow

11-26-2013, 6:22 PM
15 years ago I inherited a longbow made by Potter and MacQuarrie my great aunt used for target shooting. 25# draw weight. It was really fun to shoot in the yard.

Over the last several years my daughter (now 13) found how enjoyable it was to shoot. Then, showing off to friends, she broke it trying to un-string it. For her birthday I want to get her another, similar bow.

Online research led me to Rudderbow's website. They seem to have nice products. However, while further researching them I found pretty bad hatred for their product on an archery forum. It seemed to centered on their kit bows, but comments were made disparaging the owner.

Since I don't want to join yet another forum for simple, limited information let me ask Calgunners this-

Do Rudderbows really suck badly? Or can I spend $100 on a light weight Rudderbow longbow and be satisfied?

Thanks in advance.

wellfedirishman
11-26-2013, 6:27 PM
You can pick up really nice used Bear and other quality US recurve bows on ebay for 100 or so.

If you want a new takedown recurve bow the Samick Sage is high quality for a very reasonable price. Cabelas and Lancaster Archery sell them.

I have no experience with Rudderbows so cannot comment one way or the other.

Henry Shooter
11-26-2013, 6:53 PM
Maybe take a look in the local area pawn shops. Also find an Archery shop in your area, Just get there opinion.
Most the big box outdoor stores sell archery stuff.

Ninask
11-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Rudderbows is fine,
they have good prices, I use them for bamboo arrows,
I would hardly worry about trash I hear from a few of the archery sites, people love to complain:)
I would highly recommend the Samick line too

DirtyDave
11-28-2013, 3:49 PM
Check craigslist for used Bear or Pearson bows etc