PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions concerning DROS

Chris Plourde
11-26-2013, 1:08 PM
Hello,
Question one: I bought a 10/22 today and i noticed that my thumbprint didnt come out very well because i have a scar on my right thumb that basically makes my thumbprint nonexistant. Could this potentially be an issue? the FFL didnt seem to care after they saw the scar but im paranoid now.

Question two: on my way out of the store i picked up their black friday flyer and started salivating over the price on an AR. This may be a dumb question but would i be able to buy another rifle on friday or would i have to wait until the sale of the .22 is finalized to avoid DROS confusion or weirdness.

Again apologies if these are dumb questions but any info would be much appreciated.

stix213
11-26-2013, 1:57 PM
I highly doubt the thumb print will be an issue. You may buy as many longguns as you want in any time frame your budget allows. Only handguns are restricted on how often you can buy new ones.

ke6guj
11-26-2013, 1:59 PM
there is no need to wait, you can buy that AR whenever.

your thumbprint wouldnt be a legal issue until CADOJ came to audit them and decided that there was an issue, but the issue would be with the dealer,not you. now, the FFL may self-audit themselves (many do during the 10-day to look for mistakes or omissions) and decide that they want you to re-print on pickup, just as a CYA move.

Chris Plourde
11-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Phew many thanks for the answers. My peace of mind thanks you.

meno377
11-29-2013, 9:59 PM
I highly doubt the thumb print will be an issue. You may buy as many longguns as you want in any time frame your budget allows. Only handguns are restricted on how often you can buy new ones.

You can buy as many handguns as you want. You can only dros 1 every 30 days.

Jason95357
11-29-2013, 10:06 PM
As long as your LGS had the AR in stock when you bought the 22, he can add it to your same DROS form. I have done this a number of times when I went back on the 10th day and added an extra long arm. Nice to save $25 (and waiting days).

SemperFi1775
11-29-2013, 10:08 PM
You can buy as many handguns as you want. You can only dros 1 every 30 days.

you can dros as many ppt handguns as you want, except for city of la and its neighborhoods...

meno377
12-06-2013, 7:07 AM
you can dros as many ppt handguns as you want, except for city of la and its neighborhoods...

You are correct. I forgot to add that you can dros as many PPT's you want to.

You can only dros 1 new handgun from a dealer per month if it's a store sale.