View Full Version : Fort Courage Armory is turning one year old!!!

02-05-2008, 8:50 PM
That's right, we've been at it for a year already. Man does time fly when you're having fun! To thank all of you that have supported us over the last year, Fort Courage is having a Birthday Party on Saturday, February 16th. We'll start off the festivities at 1PM with a Q&A with our on-staff Glock armorer, Paul....fresh back from his Glock Armorer Refresher Course at the SHOT Show. Paul will answer any of your questions you may have about one of the best pistols on the market. He'll show you how to tear the Glock down, clean it and then put it all back together. You'll also be able to make arrangements for any specialized work on your Glock. Paul can adjust triggers, install new parts, replace old one. Just about anything you can think up. So bring your Glocks for a Combat Tupperware Party.

Then, just to keep things interesting, we'll be having Randy Linkmeyer, SIG Sauer's Western States Sales Manager on-site with his whole bag of SIG toys for you to look at (and drool over). Also, have your checkbooks ready too because we'll be able to take orders on the spot for any of the SIG models you might want, including......wait for it......a CA-compliant SIG 556!!! Randy showed my one at the SHOT Show this past weekend and it's true. SIG is building a rifle specifically for CA!! How cool is that? I've already got one ordered. Who wants the next one? Remember, this is direct from SIG. No middle man costs we have to deal with. If they have it in stock, you get it QUICK. If it's back-ordered, you get one hot off the SIG presses. They sent me one pistol before I left for the SHOT Show that was literally three days old!! Straight from the production line to our shelves and then to your hot and ready hands. Oh, before you ask....no P250s yet. Sorry. :) Randy says soon.

Lastly, around 4PM, we'll be having a professional caterer serve up some great tri-tip sandwiches with all the fixings. I've laid on enough food for about 60 people, so don't miss it. We also will be extending out hours Saturday so don't think you'll miss out if it's after 5PM. We'll hang out until the last person leaves.

Oh, I almost forgot. Anything you buy on the 16th, Fort Courage will be picking up the sales tax. Just our way of saying thanks for the last year. So, put the date on your calendar...Saturday, February 16th starting at 1PM and going until the cows come home. We hope to see you all at Fort Courage Armory.

02-05-2008, 9:29 PM

Ive never purchased from you, but thank you for being a dealer in CA!!!

dont party too hard....:D

02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
WOW! Sounds awesome! Congrats on a 1-year anniversary, I'll definitely see you on the 16th!

02-05-2008, 10:57 PM
congrats! haven't been to your shop before but i'll try to check it out on the 16th...

02-05-2008, 11:00 PM
How's your selection of longarms (didn't see any mentioned on your website)?

02-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't pay any attention to the website regarding guns for sale. It's a long story but suffice it to say we are working to improve the site as soon as we can. As for long guns, we have a pretty good selection of new and used centerfire and rimfire rifles as well as sinlge-barrel, SxS, pump and semi-auto shotguns. We are also VERY OLL friendly. We can get you stripped receivers, completed lowers, complete uppers and entire rifles. We also have a pretty extensive selection of AR parts.

02-06-2008, 10:21 AM
"a CA-compliant SIG 556!"

More info please.

02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
"a CA-compliant SIG 556!"

More info please.

Same here.

02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Congrats Tim, I'll definetly be there. My dad needs his HSC, I think I'll use the food to lure him there :D

What Just Happened?
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM

Hop Sing
02-08-2008, 8:48 PM
We heard from our SIG rep that thanks to Cal Guns and Tim's illustration of the Prince 50 button, Sig has confimred that they will bring the 556 rifle to California.

Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit and other shops will see that this has been the right thing to do all along.

We already have one on order and as soon as we get one, you guys will be the first to know.

I have been told it will have a prince 50 type button on it and a redesigned stock. Guess the pistol grip is gone.

No idea what it is going to look like, but we have one comin'.

Will it be on the shelf long? Don't know, they aren't cheap, but it amazes me what sells these days.

Come buy the shop and take a look when it gets here.

02-09-2008, 9:15 AM
I'll be out of town that weekend :mad:.

But, I'm hoping you guys can give me a good deal on my first Glock (19).

(I'm a SIG guy, but the lure is too strong!)

I'm also thinking about getting my hands on an 'OLL' just to have if I ever decide to do a build. I'm a total noob to rifles, and will have alot of questions.

See you soon!!!

02-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

02-10-2008, 8:13 PM
Happy Birthday. I was wondering about your internet transfer rates. I would love to be able to have you guys do my next internet transfer for me.

02-10-2008, 8:17 PM
Awesome! Happy B-Day. I will definitely try to make it on the 16th. Any chance on having any Sig 556s in? :D

Hop Sing
02-10-2008, 9:36 PM
We charge 50.00 for FFL tranfer transactions. Plus the CA DROS fee, you are looking at like $78-$79 bucks (for a single gun).

Call the shop for the exact details,as I don't have it memorized like Tim does. Give Tim a call at the shop and he will give you the skinny!

Hope to see you guys all soon!

02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks Tim.

Happy B-Day.

I will be there on Sat.

Any more info from SIG on what type of buttstock will be installed?

Will the butt stock be like the SIG550?

Will the Pistol grip be installed?

Will this model have the SWAT railed forend?

02-11-2008, 6:38 AM
sounds like you guys are gonna be the winners on my next internet transfer. cheapest price I have found yet, and I will be supporting Calgunners. Win for all.

02-11-2008, 7:48 PM
But, I'm hoping you guys can give me a good deal on my first Glock (19).

Stop on by. I'll give you the best price I can. Glocks have been running in the mid $500s from us.

Any more info from SIG on what type of buttstock will be installed?

Will the butt stock be like the SIG550?

Will the Pistol grip be installed?

Will this model have the SWAT railed forend?

You'll be the 3rd to know (behind me and Paul) about the particulars. If Gary the SIG rep is still there Saturday when you come by, we can find out together. Sound like a plan? :)

Oh...transfer fees.... $50 for up to three firearms at the same time. $10 for every one after that. Guns showing up a week or more apart don't count as being at the same time. I don't mind holding on to your stuff for you for a little while, but I don't want to be everyone's storage unit either.

Anything else?

02-11-2008, 9:35 PM
Bummer, I was hoping to head up to the range to put a couple hundred rounds through my new mini that day, and I can't go shooting the 17th (Daytona 500). Hmm, I'll have to come up with something.

02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks Tim ;)

02-15-2008, 5:03 PM
Just a reminder that the fun starts tomorrow. Hope to see a whole bunch of you here. :)

02-17-2008, 2:42 AM
Hey Tim,

Thanks for today, and for the raffle prize. :)

Wow, it was a packed house today, and Randy from Sig was great.

It was really cool to talk to Randy about what SIG is doing to make a CA SIG 556!

Oh and that 250 he showed us is cool... I can't wait for that to be approved for CA.

Sorry I could not stay for the grub..

See you in about 1 week.

02-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Glad you had a good time, Chris. I also wanted to thank everyone that made it out to our little party. From the empty serving trays, I'd say everyone had a good time. I also wanted to thank everyone for their support over the last year. We're just getting started!! Hope to see more of you soon.

02-18-2008, 7:02 PM

I had a great time! It was nice to hang out with fellow gun nuts. Paul is a really cool guy, it was fun chatting with him. A whole table covered with Sig toys was definitely a treat, the P250 is now on top of my list. I also got a chance to meet another Calgunner, Greg aka CSACannoneer.

Thanks for doing the PPT on that Mossy 590 for me. I'll see you next Tuesday to pick it up.

02-18-2008, 9:29 PM
I purchased my G19 from Tim last month.
One of the best customer service experiences in my life.