View Full Version : Licensed to Carry in 12 minutes!

02-05-2008, 5:07 PM

Eat your hearts out my California brothers :(

This morning I decided to get my LTCF. I had my LTCF for a long time, BUT it had expired over 15 years ago. At that time I was a Pa. State Constable and did not need the LTCF to carry my Glock 19.

I printed off the application from this forum, filled it out and headed to the Erie County Courthouse.

I entered the Courthouse after clearing the efficient screening process at the front of the Courthouse.

When I arrived on the 4th floor and entered the Sheriff's office, I was quickly greeted by an efficient clerk. I told her I would like to get my LTCF and she said it would be $26. I promptly paid and entered Sgt. Amendola's office. Sandy has been in the Firearms Division since 1989 and took care of me quickly and efficiently.

Since I had been purged from the computer, due to not renewing for such a long time, he said we would have to start from scratch again. He took my picture and entered my info into the computer. He then made a phone call and moments later I had my NEW LTCF.

He handed it to me and said I'll see you in five years when you renew.

NOW that is service. I did not expect to leave with my NEW LTCF, but that is exactly what I did. All of this took ONLY 12 minutes.

What a pleasure it was...NO WAITING and I left the office with my new LTCF.

I thought I would let you all know how simple it was!

Dave Martin

================================================== ======

Just to clarify a point I did not make. ALL legal processes were used in the issuing of my LTCF. A background check was done while I waited. The SGT. made a call and gave my identifiers and shortly he received the answer that there were no "hits". At that point my LTCF was issued. Dave

02-05-2008, 5:32 PM
Reminds me of when I got my permit in WA back in 2000. Sheriff Bart (at the time) had a "Will Issue" policy.
Walked in to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office, paid my $45, filed out the application, turned it in, got printed, spent about 5 minutes talking to the very nice person sitting at her computer. In mid sentance, she turned to her terminal, typed something and said my permit would be in the mail within 72 hours.

A week later (it had to go from Everett, WA to where ever the FPO mail went and back to Everett) it showed up in the mail.

Took even less time to get it renewed in 2006. Paid my $30 and while I was waiting, the clerk said the Sherrif was in and if I could wait 15 or so minutes, I could get my permit. Ten minutes later I was walking out the door.

02-05-2008, 5:48 PM

02-05-2008, 5:52 PM
I kind of new what is LTCF
license to carry firearm?

02-05-2008, 6:05 PM
Time to retire and move, BUT! the grandkids are 45 minutes away, never talk the Wife Unit Into It.

02-05-2008, 9:42 PM
I kind of new what is LTCF
license to carry firearm?

Correct. Some states call it CHP, CCW, LTC, LTCF, (did I miss any?)

02-05-2008, 9:51 PM

Black Majik
02-05-2008, 9:58 PM

02-05-2008, 11:13 PM

and he got this in California?

02-05-2008, 11:21 PM
no, he got it in PA

CA does issue CCWs though.

02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
CA does issue CCWs though.

Why yes they do thank you!:cool:

02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Why yes they do thank you!:cool:

Not in LA they don't! Unless, of course you are a a celebrity, or a "contributor"...

02-05-2008, 11:41 PM

Yet another reason not to live in L.A.

02-05-2008, 11:52 PM
What determines one person getting his CCW and another or many from not been granted it, if all who are applieying have equal or similar reasons as to why they want one, and all check out the same, then does it not come down to simple discrimination, therefore is that in its self ilegal conduct.

I mean if two people have applied ( and im sure they have), to there local police or sheriff department to request a CCW and only one is given that grant then there would have to be a detailed reason or reasons as to why the overs were passed on.

Im sure two or more people have gone through a training class to help them get a CCW and im sure after successful completion, not all have been granted the CCW even if both have applied to the same sherriff/police department. then is it a case of one person just getting lucky or is it just singleing some one out to either be granted it or not, like a CCW lottery, let me know your thoughts because i would like to get one , i live in Pleasant hill California, contra costa county Nor-cal does anyone have a CCW in this area i would be happy to here your experience, and im sure more people on this forum would , Thanks

02-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Are there Sheriff's / Chief's that "discriminate" based on state law? Sure but remember that they have the discretion to issue and that discretion is individual and final (unless you sue).

PHill and CoCo county specifially are a basic "wish in one hand and .... in the other" as far as CCW is concerned.

I seem to remember the sheriff there stating that he would not issue any regardless of applicants good cause.

It sucks but that is the nature of politics.

Good luck :rolleyes: