PDA

View Full Version : Our Web Page!

wildcard
02-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Who was heading up this project? It got started.. but that was about it. Y'all remember this?

http://www.scprc.us/

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
proraptor did this.

wildcard
02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
proraptor did this.

I think proraptor initiated the idea.. but somebody else did the actual work to start the page. Would hate to let it go to waste.

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
click on the contact us. his email address is linked up there.

wildcard
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I remember that at some point, Kestryll and Morelli were doing work on it. Then Morelli disappeared and Randall chased off Proraptor :chris:

rksimple
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Lets see if we can do something with it. Pics, upcoming matches, match results, etc.

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Lets see if we can do something with it. Pics, upcoming matches, match results, etc.

that is an awesome idea. nayt should email him. he seems to be on best terms with proraptor.

wildcard
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM

That's what i'm thinking. Member profiles.. meets.. records.. etc.

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
reminds me of Team Bukake on SH. those guys crack me up.

Prc329
02-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Pro started the idea rolling but Kes and Morelli actually did the work on the page. Might want to talk to Kes.

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 12:29 PM
that'll be so sweet if we can get access to that webpage.

wildcard
02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Pro started the idea rolling but Kes and Morelli actually did the work on the page. Might want to talk to Kes.

I would if I knew anything about putting together web pages :( I'm just a thinker on this one..

Kestryll
02-05-2008, 1:38 PM
I remember that at some point, Kestryll and Morelli were doing work on it. Then Morelli disappeared and Randall chased off Proraptor :chris:

I set up the basic template, the gallery software and the member database software but needed something for the main page. I still need some form of write-up to put on there at least.

If someone has pics and wants to upload them in to the Gallery let me know and I'll PM them the admin password for the Gallery.

Morelli is still around, just living under an assumed name, this is the first I've heard of any issue with Proraptor, what happened?

Cypriss32
02-05-2008, 1:39 PM
He got mad when we made fun of savages, and Im with the most expensive one ever!

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 2:09 PM
who's going to be in charge of the website? i nominate jason or ryan.

Kestryll
02-05-2008, 2:16 PM
Ryan has contacted me regarding how to get pics up, I sent him the Gallery username and password.

The Calender function should allow anyone to add an event to it so that is accessible.

All I need to really be involved in is the server side stuff since SCPRC is on the same server as Calguns.

wildcard
02-05-2008, 2:46 PM
If somebody here has a lot of experience doing these things and feels comfortable taking lead, please nominate yourself. I wouldn't mind taking the lead role on this project as I know I'll have plenty of support here. Either way, we'll bounce ideas off of each other so we start strong and get things right the first time around.

PistolPete75
02-05-2008, 9:58 PM
we got Jason and we got Ryan. anyone else?

wildcard
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
I'll PM Kestryll tomorrow to work something out so I can start putting up text.. info.. and just start planning. I'll figure out how everything works and find out what our limitations/ boundaries are. I'd like to see us as an actual organized club.

Rhys898
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
PM me if your having issues, I webmaster my own domain www.jeremystroud.com

Jer

proraptor
02-09-2008, 8:20 AM
He got mad when we made fun of savages, and Im with the most expensive one ever!

Actually he is shooting a lot more pistol and doesnt have much time to drive to shoot his savage....Not to mention has a lot of non gun related stuff that he's dealing with. :rolleyes:

PistolPete75
02-09-2008, 4:33 PM
so who is going to take charge, Jason or Ryan?

rksimple
02-09-2008, 5:46 PM
so who is going to take charge, Jason or Ryan?

My computer fu is weak. I could use help, but wouldn't mind working on it.

wildcard
02-09-2008, 7:33 PM
I sent Kestryll a PM last week to get the necessary logins/ authorizations and passwords but haven't heard back. I'll send a reminder.

PistolPete75
02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
any luck with the un and pw?

wildcard
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah.. I got all the passwords and usernames to modify the calendar, gallery, and members modules. We'll be rather limited in what we can do since we're on the Calguns server. In order to make any major modifications such as add pictures or text to the homepage, we'll either need direct access (which we won't get) or trouble Kestryll to do it. I'm going to talk to my bro-in-law to see if I can have some server space and do this thing from square-1.

Kestryll
02-14-2008, 1:29 PM
It's no trouble for me, it's just uploading a file once I receive it.

As I said, it's entirely up to you how you want to do it so run with it ;)

If you do get server space from your BIL get the DNS setting from him and I will change them to point to his server when you are ready.

wildcard
02-15-2008, 8:52 AM
It's no trouble for me, it's just uploading a file once I receive it.

As I said, it's entirely up to you how you want to do it so run with it ;)

If you do get server space from your BIL get the DNS setting from him and I will change them to point to his server when you are ready.

I guess i'm just a control freak ;)

I got me some web server space so I'll get you that DNS info. Just going to start playing with HTML language and get a little more comfortable first before I start manipulating things. I'd hate to have somebody go the the page and have their first impression be something i'm messing around with!