PDA

View Full Version : Qs re. the Lawsuit that got Solano Sheriff to Issue CCWs

Paladin
11-21-2013, 7:55 AM
CBS had a local TV news story re. getting CCWs in the SF Bay Area. There's a thread about the story in the CA Politics subforum. This thread is different, it is about a 2009 lawsuit mentioned in the story (thus posting this in 2nd A Litigation forum).

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/11/20/lawsuits-prompt-bay-area-sheriffs-to-issue-concealed-weapons-permits/

Does anyone know any details about that lawsuit they mentioned? Who filed it and who was the attorney? Was it a state or federal case? What was the case name? What was the cause(s) of action/claim(s)?

The video mentions that a Grand Jury found for our side.

Did we (our side) win at the trial court?

Was it appealed and if so, did we win at the AC? (I assume we all would have heard about it if it went to either the CA SC or SCOTUS.)

Or was there a settlement of some sort?

taperxz
11-21-2013, 8:07 AM
CBS had a local TV news story re. getting CCWs in the SF Bay Area. There's a thread about the story in the CA Politics subforum. This thread is different, it is about a 2009 lawsuit mentioned in the story (thus posting this in 2nd A Litigation forum).

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/11/20/lawsuits-prompt-bay-area-sheriffs-to-issue-concealed-weapons-permits/

Does anyone know any details about that lawsuit they mentioned? Who filed it and who was the attorney? Was it a state or federal case? What was the case name? What was the cause(s) of action/claim(s)? Did we (our side) win at the trial court? The video mentions that a Grand Jury found for our side. Was it appealed and if so, did we win at the AC? (I assume we all would have heard about it if it went to either the CA SC or SCOTUS.)

I was wondering the same thing. I can't find anything either.

taperxz
11-21-2013, 8:12 AM
Only thing i can find is the fee structure change and then there seemed to be a Grand Jury investigation in 06-07.

RobG
11-21-2013, 8:33 AM
Being in Yolo county I was curious myself. The only thing I found was the fee changes and the release of GC statements. I was thinking that with the GC statements made public that they could no longer deny CCW if others claimed the same. But that is only a very uneducated guess.

Maybe I should have stayed in FF since the lawsuit here seems to be going nowhere:(

gl17gl21
11-21-2013, 11:38 AM
What ever they did I sure wish they would sue Alameda county.

Bullets&Whitewalls
11-21-2013, 3:27 PM
Being in Yolo county I was curious myself. The only thing I found was the fee changes and the release of GC statements. I was thinking that with the GC statements made public that they could no longer deny CCW if others claimed the same. But that is only a very uneducated guess.

Maybe I should have stayed in FF since the lawsuit here seems to be going nowhere:(

Yup Im stuck in yolo too, And am always looking to see if anything has changed......its just stuck in limbo:mad:

fizux
11-22-2013, 7:37 AM
I think they were referencing Sykes v. McGinness www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=811277

Sac stated issuing permits during the course or the lawsuit, and got dropped as a defendant. Folks on this forum who do not favor CGF will be quick to point out that there was an election that supposedly caused the policy change.