PDA

View Full Version : Gunfreekids voting guide

Ford8N
02-04-2008, 3:38 PM
Pretty good summation of the candidates.

http://www.gunfreekids.org/candidates.

I've never heard of this group though. Someone new maybe...

emc002
02-04-2008, 4:17 PM
Hmmm, good links, but man do those organizations linked try to make a buck off of those evil guns!

Anyway, here's all the links that you can order their free stuff from to get them to waste their money. Think good target(don't forget to send the brochures back riddled with bullet holes and thank them for the free target!).

Free "Preventing Gun Violence Brochure"
http://www.csgv.org/site/c.muLYJ7MMKrH/b.2832933/k.8E7C/CSGV_Merchandise_Order_Form.htm

Posters & Brochures
http://www.paxusa.org/store/index.html

loneeagle308
02-04-2008, 5:48 PM
Hmmm, good links, but man do those organizations linked try to make a buck off of those evil guns!

Anyway, here's all the links that you can order their free stuff from to get them to waste their money. Think good target(don't forget to send the brochures back riddled with bullet holes and thank them for the free target!).

Free "Preventing Gun Violence Brochure"
http://www.csgv.org/site/c.muLYJ7MMKrH/b.2832933/k.8E7C/CSGV_Merchandise_Order_Form.htm

Posters & Brochures
http://www.paxusa.org/store/index.html

I think that would be stupid to use their products as targets emc002 After reviewing the two sites the material is not being anti-gun but informing students to report firearm offenses at school.

"Hang these posters to raise awareness of an anonymous reporting mechanism for weapon-related threats at school."

How many parents that are pro-gun want gun violence in schools?

M. Sage
02-04-2008, 6:09 PM
I think that would be stupid to use their products as targets emc002 After reviewing the two sites the material is not being anti-gun but informing students to report firearm offenses at school.

"Hang these posters to raise awareness of an anonymous reporting mechanism for weapon-related threats at school."

Hmm, GGSV's motto is "Organizing for Progressive Gun Laws Since 1974." Anti-gun.

PAX... "Real Solutions to Gun Violence." Pretty safe-sounding on the outside, but "Gun Violence" is a term that sets off alarms. They're not against violence but

Weapons related threats at school? 1-800-SPEAK-UP? Are they nuts? 911.

Ohhhh, but wait... I think they actually mean "Jimmy's dad has a gun" or "Bobby's parents gave him a .22!!" Who in their right mind is going to advocate calling some 800 number when death is imminent?

Is there a gun where your child plays? Over 40% of homes with children have a gun, and many of those guns are left unlocked or loaded.

If the answer is YES...You have to determine if your child's safety is at risk. Guns should be kept in a gun safe with the ammunition locked separately or they pose a real risk to your child. Hiding guns is not enough. There are countless tragic stories of kids finding guns that parents thought were well hidden or safely stored. If you have any doubts about the safety of someone's home, you should politely invite the children to play at your house instead.

Bolds added.

This is more regular stuff that we hear from the antis. Instead of locking our lives up, how about we, I dunno, teach our kids about guns and gun safety? Then again, I'm biased, cause I grew up around loaded, unlocked guns, and neither me nor my brother shot each other, ourselves, our friends, our pets... nor did we go playing with those guns, because we understood what they were, and we knew that if we did, we'd be in a lot of pain. We respected the guns and definitely feared our parents. :chris:

RRangel
02-04-2008, 6:13 PM
Not quite. Please do your due diligence before you make comments. These are pretty much anti-gun biased groups. They put all violence into the same category. Even good violence, the kind you defend yourself with, as in no guns. They do not support gun ownership.

762cavalier
02-04-2008, 6:43 PM
Ah, the indoctrination of our youth continues.:(

M. Sage
02-04-2008, 6:49 PM
Heh, I just closed the tab in my browser to the PAX organization's site and remembered something. Ask any Browncoat what PAX is, and they'll tell you it's not a good thing at all. The intent of Pax was to make the population calm, submissive and non-violent. Hmmmmm.

Patriot
02-04-2008, 6:51 PM
Heh, I just closed the tab in my browser to the PAX organization's site and remembered something. Ask any Browncoat what PAX is, and they'll tell you it's not a good thing at all. The intent of Pax was to make the population calm, submissive and non-violent. Hmmmmm.

We meant it for the best...to make people safer.

Dont Tread on Me
02-04-2008, 7:44 PM
"We also should keep weapons of unusual lethality from being on the street."

Nice one Mitt. Lets have an unusual weapon ban...

dfletcher
02-04-2008, 8:19 PM
"We also should keep weapons of unusual lethality from being on the street."

Nice one Mitt. Lets have an unusual weapon ban...

Given the driving skills I've seen out here, maybe he means cars?

tombinghamthegreat
02-04-2008, 9:07 PM
Given the driving skills I've seen out here, maybe he means cars?

Flying cars might need a NFA class 3 stamp.:D