PDA

View Full Version : Bud's Gun Shop Anti-CA

emc002
02-04-2008, 4:30 PM
I love Bud's Gun Shop!

sephy
02-04-2008, 8:07 PM
I just told some people about these. I would've picked one up myself but my ffl had Stags in-stock so convenience won.

Born2Lose
02-05-2008, 8:30 PM
Check it out. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/payment.php
only bad thing is that if you order with a credit card from bud's then they don't give you a discount..you either have to have an account or send them money snail mail..i don't like to have time to make sure my decision is sensible.
The "discount" thing is the reason i went with DD's ranch on the past 2 guns i bought..their price is the price..period.

railroader
02-05-2008, 9:44 PM
I called Bud's. They won't ship lowers to california. Mark

AlohaRover
02-06-2008, 5:34 PM
Since they wont ship, I hope this isn't stepping over the line but......
I sell for DS, Stag, and CMMG for 110 shipped. Cash, MO, credit card, or PayPal. yes I take PP :D
I am also in the process of getting set up with Anvil Arms. I believe they are off list. I will be able to offer these for the same price. Also AA offers custom etching.

Pete

rhbanjo
02-08-2008, 8:31 PM
We get what we deserve- VOTE!

hk-p2000
02-08-2008, 9:14 PM
AlohaRover PM sent.

Socal858
02-08-2008, 9:21 PM
you cant say they are completely against CA and hate the very fibers of our being. ive bought a few guns from them just fine and they are nice to deal with.

if they dont want to do the whole off list thing (keep in mind not everyone out of state is going to know all the details and come in with open arms) then who cares, its their loss.

that opens things up for vendors like our sponsors and aloha rover (thank you for defending our freedoms)

wilit
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
How many CA dealers would even accept that OLL for you? Not many. Bud's is a great shop that is CA friendly in that they will ship pistols to CA.

caduckgunner
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
How many CA dealers would even accept that OLL for you? Not many. Bud's is a great shop that is CA friendly in that they will ship pistols to CA.

+1 ......

kakpataka
04-20-2008, 2:54 AM
Nevermind, Bud's Gun Shop doesn't want or deserve any CA business!
Won't ship OLL's to CA.

I called and left a message and also emailed them. they could ve atleast replied back as professional courtesy that they wont do biz with us what a-holes .........

Fantasma
04-20-2008, 3:19 AM
They are nice people, i got my .40 from them. I would recommend them easily for handguns and prices.

Lowers is a different story, many California friendly dealers. I will use them they deserve our business.

Bigballaizm
04-20-2008, 6:53 AM
Hey kakpataka, I have also dealt with Buds and had no issues however I only purchased a rifle. But I do agree with you, common/professional courtesy is essential to having comfort & trust when dealing with anyone!! That just aint right not responding....

FlyingPen
04-20-2008, 9:26 AM
They were pretty good to me. I ordered GSR from them and they called me to tell me that they made a mistake on the ad and the gun didn't have front strap checkering and asked me if I wanted to cancel. I think that's a lot better than getting the gun then finding out.

Do they do magazine swaps or no mags yet? I hear that's a big problem. They were refusing to ship guns without magazines or swapping magazines for CA legal ones.

jermzzzzzzz
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I ordered a P225/P6 from them with no problems.

drdanno84
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I've ordered several guns from them, they have always been friendly and courteeous to me. I continue to do business with them, especially when I need supplies. Their prices are outstanding and ship on a timely basis once payment is received by them.

SDJim
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I bought my P228 from Bud's. I spent 15 minutes shooting the poop with Gurney. Seemed like a nice guy.
He checked to make sure to set aside a CA compliant (10 rd mags) pistol for me without me asking (I would have probably forgotten to mention it.).
This was one of the most painless transactions I've done from out of state.
IMO If they won't ship an AR lower, there are plenty of businesses that will.
Bottom line is if they have what I'm looking for, at a price I'm willing to pay . . . I'll do business with them again.

kakpataka
04-20-2008, 11:58 AM
So they knew they were gonna make $$$ off of you and they were nice..................they were not gonna make the money from those looking for OLL so they didnt care to even jot down a line to let someone know??

This is how you find out if some one or biz is genuinely friendly/ customer friendly or not. I wont do any business with them. I am sure everyone kisses up to a paying customer.

wamphyri13
04-20-2008, 1:23 PM
That's your loss. When it comes to certain areas of this whole AWB, some companies find it easier/safer to just stay out of it. I hate it too, but I can also understand it. And if you think that's bad, I just looked in my Sportsmans Guide Catalog. They won't even ship AR furniture! Handguards and buttstocks are restricted. And they wont ship a Fajen 10/22 thumbhole stock to CA. And those are for a rimfire. So, like others, I will continue to do business with Buds, (Gurney's a riot) and will buy my lower or completed rifle from the companies that specialize in our screwed up state.
Just my $.02
Ryan

duenor
04-20-2008, 2:34 PM
My dissatisfaction with Bud's stems from their refusing to sell me a ruger pc9 years ago, even when I said that they could keep the magazines and I would pay the same price. No, the guy said - our boss says that if your state won't allow you to have the magazine, we won't sell you the gun.

BS.

leelaw
04-20-2008, 2:52 PM
Yup, because not selling OLLs makes them anti-CA.

Give me a break.

Bud's Gun Shop is a reputable and professionally run shop. Just because they don't sell this one specific thing that you want does not make them anti-CA by a long stretch.

RobG
04-20-2008, 3:21 PM
There are CA dealers that won't deal with OLL's. I wouldn't call them anti CA. As far as Buds and full cap mags, while I was looking for a 228 on GB.com I found NO dealer that would swap out or delete mags to make a sale to me. It is not there problem to take care of, nor can they go swapping mags around to make a certain sale and I was fine with that.

chickenfried
04-20-2008, 3:30 PM
You'd think that would be the case wouldn't you? Some places customer service doesn't even go that far...

So they knew they were gonna make $$$ off of you and they were nice..................

I am sure everyone kisses up to a paying customer.

duenor
04-20-2008, 3:31 PM
Which is why I said I was dissatisfied. I don't believe they are anti-CA; but they are using too broad of a brush to paint with.

colt 45
04-20-2008, 3:44 PM

Give me a break.

Bud's Gun Shop is a reputable and professionally run shop. Just because they don't sell this one specific thing that you want does not make them anti-CA by a long stretch.

You are right,I have bought 2 smith and 1colt from them and there price were great and they were very down to earth.They should not be judged because of the off list stuff.
Colt

kakpataka
04-20-2008, 4:00 PM
ok, first off............ it is not my loss.......... there are plenty of places that one can get whatever they need from. Secondly I never said they are anti CA. I dont have problem with them not selling OLL. I have zero tolerance for " no or bad customer service". Imagine trying to call and no one picks up the phone or you leave a message and even email, yet no response???? i think this bid guys has been sitting of his"bud" too long.......
If I owned a gun shop, I would go out of my way to take care of clients so who ever said that they didnt have to do this or that, guess what? Thats their job if they are running a biz. If you are actually saying this then I cant imagine the kind of treatment you guys must be giving to people you deal with in whatever capacity.
People are just full of excuses. If I actually look back, I cant event count the times I went out of my way to help company clients.Its not like I was getting extra $$$ for it. All the while I could ve made several excuse and not care but I did'nt.

P.S. when I emailed them, I did mention calguns so actually it would ve made sense for them to reply understanding that whatever their response is, I would spread the word. So i guess calguns is no good for them either!!!

FlyingPen
04-20-2008, 4:01 PM
My dissatisfaction with Bud's stems from their refusing to sell me a ruger pc9 years ago, even when I said that they could keep the magazines and I would pay the same price. No, the guy said - our boss says that if your state won't allow you to have the magazine, we won't sell you the gun.

BS.

I wonder if this is still the policy? It seems someone got a P228 with CA legal mags... There's a P229 on there I've been eyeing hard.

The SoCal Gunner
04-20-2008, 5:49 PM
My experience is that they won't swap mags or sell the pistol without them. If they have a CA legal package, that is what they will direct you to.

I wanted a XDSC bi-tone but that one had hi-caps so I ended up getting a XDSC in OD green that had 10 rnd mags.

Solidmch
04-20-2008, 5:52 PM

Give me a break.

I agree lowers are one thing, but they did refuse to sell me a colt upper.

C.G.
04-20-2008, 6:09 PM

BS.

That has changed. I got a P226 from them and they shipped it without the mags. They credited me about $20, which wasn't much, but I still made out OK since the P226 was very reasonable.

A'sDad
04-20-2008, 6:22 PM
I have purchased two guns from Bud's in the last 18 months. I go through a local FFL that also uses Davidsons. They will both continue to get my business.

SR-60
04-21-2008, 1:27 PM
It's Bud's policy not to sell semi-auto rifles to CA. Per their "Shipping & Returns" link:
California - No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.
Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL. So no Mini-14's or M1A's for us even though they may be perfectly legal here. Maybe this is also why they wouldn't sell the PC-9, even though they said it was an issue with the mags.

I don't know what the State of Maryland did to piss of Bud, but this is his policy towards them:Maryland NO GUNS PERIOD PER BUD.

emc002
04-21-2008, 1:40 PM

Give me a break.

Holy necro-whining Batman, this thread was two months old!

toopercentmlk
01-21-2010, 1:53 AM
It's Bud's policy not to sell semi-auto rifles to CA. Per their "Shipping & Returns" link:
So no Mini-14's or M1A's for us even though they may be perfectly legal here. Maybe this is also why they wouldn't sell the PC-9, even though they said it was an issue with the mags.

I don't know what the State of Maryland did to piss of Bud, but this is his policy towards them:
Does this mean that I can't purchase a semi-auto .22lr? Marlin mod 60, 10/22?

Turo
01-21-2010, 2:08 AM
Holy necropost!

How do you even find a thread that's 4 years old?!

tigerzden
01-21-2010, 7:22 AM
I have read on here that Bud's ships to California? I tried to order an M1A Scout Squad, CA legal according to Springfield and a half dozen FFL's, and they "will not ship to California." They lost my business and respect. The M1A is not like an OLL, it is a CA legal rifle per Springfield!! Bad show! SEAN

zman
01-21-2010, 9:41 AM
Anti-California?

Bud'sGunShop has probably sold more firearms to Californians than any other online retailer, bar none.

They have treated me right and their prices are hard to beat.

BUDSGUNSHOP.COM RESTRICTED STATE SALES POLICIES

California - No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.

Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL.

Fot
01-21-2010, 9:54 AM
Holy necropost!

4 years? I think one of us needs to brush up on our math.:p

Iowegian
01-21-2010, 12:10 PM
That's your loss. When it comes to certain areas of this whole AWB, some companies find it easier/safer to just stay out of it. I hate it too, but I can also understand it. And if you think that's bad, I just looked in my Sportsmans Guide Catalog. They won't even ship AR furniture! Handguards and buttstocks are restricted. And they wont ship a Fajen 10/22 thumbhole stock to CA. And those are for a rimfire. So, like others, I will continue to do business with Buds, (Gurney's a riot) and will buy my lower or completed rifle from the companies that specialize in our screwed up state.
Just my $.02
Ryan

Sportsmans Guide is a PITA! They will not even ship an AR sight adjustment tool to CA as it is an "assault rifle part"! I canceled my entire order over that one. Their liberal lawyers have taken over the company.

Chris M
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Holy necropost!

There's this thing called a "Search"....

Starscream
01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
http://www.scattercaw.com/Stuff/thread_necromancer.jpg

quiet-wyatt
01-21-2010, 12:47 PM
You are right,I have bought 2 smith and 1colt from them and there price were great and they were very down to earth.They should not be judged because of the off list stuff.
Colt
+1... I have had good dealings with them when other dealers wouldn't even look at CA sales...

Update:
Sorry - Didn't see how old this thread was....

Turo
01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
4 years? I think one of us needs to brush up on our math.:p
:oops:
AHAHAHA! And to think, I'm the engineer!

Lol maybe I was imagining it was 2012 already :TFH:

Sadly, I did the math twice, just to make sure that I didn't get it wrong. Oh man, I'm in trouble now.

10-8= 2
10-8= 2
10-8= 2
10-8= 2
10-8= 2

Maybe if I say it over and over I'll remember it.

toopercentmlk
01-21-2010, 1:28 PM
Does this mean that I can't purchase a semi-auto .22lr? Marlin mod 60, 10/22?

Anyone?

Chris M
01-21-2010, 2:02 PM
Anyone?

I think it refers only to centerfire semi-auto rifles. Why not give them a call and find out for sure?

mala in se
01-21-2010, 2:27 PM
I have read on here that Bud's ships to California? I tried to order an M1A Scout Squad, CA legal according to Springfield and a half dozen FFL's, and they "will not ship to California." They lost my business and respect. The M1A is not like an OLL, it is a CA legal rifle per Springfield!! Bad show! SEAN

i ordered my SOCOM II from the about 3-4 years ago for a great price and they shipped to my FFL.

BLKAR15
01-21-2010, 2:30 PM
When your ordering any of the m1a from buds. Don't they have models designated CA after the model # to indicate CA legal, since it comes with a muzzle brake and not a flash hider. I've seen some of the m1a's for sale with a CA in the model #

tigerzden
01-21-2010, 5:49 PM
When your ordering any of the m1a from buds. Don't they have models designated CA after the model # to indicate CA legal, since it comes with a muzzle brake and not a flash hider. I've seen some of the m1a's for sale with a CA in the model #

Yes but the Scout Squads are one version and all CA Legal. I even confirmed through Springfield and local FFLs. SEAN

G-Man WC
01-21-2010, 6:05 PM
I don't have an issue with Bud's. They have great prices and almost the same customer service. -g

mdhpper
01-21-2010, 6:58 PM

Give me a break.

:iagree:

sportsman
01-21-2010, 7:24 PM
I have bought alot of guns from buds great prices great people . stop crying

jmf_tracy
01-21-2010, 7:30 PM
i have bought a few guns from bud's always easy, fast ship & good prices. if they choose not to ship OLL's to CA then that is their choice. stop whining and go buy a OLL from a local shop.