PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Rebuild Kits

Photo Lizard
11-15-2013, 12:20 PM
So I have been searching, and I can't find the list of bills good old Jerry B signed into law back in sep/oct. Although I called and emailed several times during the time he was deliberating, I can't find my links on each bill.

Did the state wide magazine ban that included the rebuild kits for 30 round kits get signed into law? Or if someone has a link that would help. Thank you

Librarian
11-15-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=836118

No ban on mags.

CessnaDriver
11-15-2013, 12:27 PM
So I have been searching, and I can't find the list of bills good old Jerry B signed into law back in sep/oct. Although I called and emailed several times during the time he was deliberating, I can't find my links on each bill.

Did the state wide magazine ban that included the rebuild kits for 30 round kits get signed into law? Or if someone has a link that would help. Thank you

Executive summary...

High cap rebuild kits will not be legal for sale starting January.
Owning those kits you previously purchased will STILL be legal.

High cap mags legally owned now will STILL be legal to own and use legally.

There is still confusion on what makes up a kit, assembling a blocked mag, etc etc. We are still learning and I may not be up to date on that.

Photo Lizard
11-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Looks like they did ban rebuild kits for 30round mags. Looks like even having the parts will be not be legal after July-01-2014.

Thank you for the info!

CessnaDriver
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Looks like they did ban rebuild kits for 30round mags. Looks like even having the parts will be not be legal after 01-2014.

Thank you for the info!

No. You can own hi cap rebuild kits after January that you legally purchased before.
Possession of a rebuild kit will still be legal.

H K corporate assassin
11-17-2013, 4:22 PM
What about pistol rebulid rebuild kits of less than 30 rounds?

Spyguy
11-17-2013, 5:04 PM
Since there is no way for them to establish when you acquired/owned any magazine parts, what this law only does is effectively prevent merchants from selling rebuild kits into California. If you left the state on a shooting trip with your legal rebuild kits and returned with those rebuild kits, how would they know if you legally owned them pre-ban or acquired them out-of-state post-ban?

More BS laws from the tyrants in Sacramento.

Darryl Licht
11-20-2013, 4:08 PM
What about CA retailers who have rebuild kits in stock on Dec 31 2013, are they to destroy them on Jan 1, or???

JDay
11-21-2013, 8:28 AM
The law says nothing about rebuild kits. It's does however ban "conversion kits".

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

SemperFi1775
11-21-2013, 8:34 AM
What about CA retailers who have rebuild kits in stock on Dec 31 2013, are they to destroy them on Jan 1, or???

they can sell them out of state...

taperxz
11-21-2013, 8:42 AM
Why all the speculation here?

There is no mention of rebuild kits in the law passed.

Michel and Associates (NRA lawyers) Have not been able to determine if a "conversion kit" is in fact a rebuild kit.

No one really knows yet.