PDA

View Full Version : I am at the SHOT Show CAFR meeting? Any questions you have for Kathy Lynch?

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2008, 9:16 AM
I am at the meeting until noon. Post anything you want me to ask before noon. :43:

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2008, 9:22 AM
Kathy just said the reason that Arnold signed the microstamping bill was because of the Kennedy's influence over him. I started laughing out loud.

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2008, 9:32 AM
Kathy said that the governor stated he wasn't going to sign the lead ban. She never stated what changed his mind. She said two of the DFG commissioners were anti hunting and that they were going to make a lead ban anyway. However the comission spoke out against the lead ban law.

There was no final explanation of what changed the governor's mind. Maybe it was "Uncle Teddy"? She didn't say.

G17GUY
02-03-2008, 9:36 AM
Did you take her a calguns.net t-shirt? :D

paradox
02-03-2008, 9:38 AM
Ask her why anyone should give her and her org money when they are the cause of so much bad legislation being pushed and/or enacted (lead ban, microstamping, the "safe list", import ammo silliness, etc).

Ask her why she thinks she can continue to get away with it in the era of the internet fueled info sharing.

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I asked her why the governor still passed the lead ban. She said it was because of the governor's close relationship with Marty Wilson and the Audabon Society. I asked how this one guy came back to beat us and she clarified that a man named Terry Tantamin actually helped out because he is related to some Kennedy some where (I apologize for not remebering exactly how, but she laid it out in a complex manner).

When I suggested that it might have been the republican legislators sending that letter in the last week of the legislative session she became very animated and said that was not true and that happened two months earlier. She said that the commissioner who got fired might want us to think that and the blogs might want you to think that, but it isn't true.

I think I just got black listed.

chris
02-03-2008, 10:22 AM
so how screwed are we this year? is what i would like to know. ammo bans, firearms ban, and so on. i know this we are going to the fist this year and what are they gonna do to stop it?

this may be pessimistic but look at last year and what was passed and think the sky is no longer the limit for these losers in office.

Hopi
02-03-2008, 10:52 AM
so how screwed are we this year? is what i would like to know. ammo bans, firearms ban, and so on. i know this we are going to the fist this year and what are they gonna do to stop it?

this may be pessimistic but look at last year and what was passed and think the sky is no longer the limit for these losers in office.

Yes, but conversely, look at how far we came and how many new "frontiers" we were able to discover in 2007! Things are moving our direction, slowly, but surely.....

liketoshoot
02-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Ask her how exacly is the micro stamping go to help stop crime when most guns used for them are stolen in the first place.
How does it help legal owners?

chris
02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
very true. i will not argue the great strides we have made. we can own AK, AR, and FALS again but in a nuetered state. it's so lame it's not even funny. i have an OLL to boot. happy the fact that we can again. but they want them all.

2006 was a great year for us. only to have it have our heads handed to us in 2007. last year was payback for 2006 IMO. it sickens me that A'holes in krapmento do this. but they hate America so they should die of the ebola a terrible and painfull death. i despise these people.

but the powers that be will screw us in the end. we all know it. i will fight these Fing losers with all i can. but in the end they want them all. look at last year how hard we fought back and in the end we were F'd in the A for it.

i have a feeling this year they will try to F us more than anything. this is the PRK for gods sake. they don't want to fix the budget they have other plans.

i sure;y do hope this year is not gonna be like last year but the same idiots are still in office and will still be there after november. this states legislature is like a dirty tampon still in the trash can. it's a sick analogy but true.

bwiese
02-03-2008, 5:41 PM
We got screwed this year because of people on our own side (Sam Paredes/GOC especially). We can't blame our enemies for this, as they're continually proposing BS laws.

Fortunately the microstamping law this last year has sufficient technical-legal restrictions that we may well be able to hold it off indefinitely.

This year, the legislature has gone gonzo-nutso about budget things. Nothing besides budget-related matters is getting any tractiion in either house whatsoever - and the window for new legislation is drawing nearer.

chris
02-03-2008, 8:31 PM
i still don't trust those F'ing idiots in the capitol. they don't care one bit about the budget.

xrMike
02-04-2008, 7:57 AM
Who's Kathy Lynch?

bwiese
02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Who's Kathy Lynch?

Kathy Lynch is a contract lobbyist for gun-related issues. She & Gerry Uphold were CRPA lobbyists, as well as for other groups like CAFR. [Given that CRPA has some leadership changes, the hope is that she will be isolated for damage control purposes.]

Kathy, at least, appears to represent other nongun interests as well, and rumors of her 'horsetrading' between gun issues and nongun matters abound.

Kathy Lynch & Gerry Upholt brought us the SB15 Roster of Approved Handguns, in coooperation with SASS.

Kathy was actively supporting Torrico's mail-order ammo ban (AB2731) in 2006.

I'm not sure how deeply she was involved in Sam Parades' (GOC) screwing us with the lead ammo + microstamping bills.

DVSmith
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Bill,

Was her lobbying effort on the mail-order ammo ban at least partially on behalf of retail store owners that wanted to remove internet sales competition?

bwiese
02-04-2008, 1:09 PM
Bill,
Was her lobbying effort on the mail-order ammo ban at least partially on behalf of retail store owners that wanted to remove internet sales competition?

That appears to be the case. Either that, or she's secretly working for the Bradys.

Whatever the case, the end result (her supporting Torrico's ammo bill) is what we have to go by - you make the choice on what she is.

ghostwong
02-04-2008, 1:32 PM
please forgive me but . . . how do we get rid of her and replace her with a person who if Pro gun rights?

That appears to be the case. Either that, or she's secretly working for the Bradys.

Whatever the case, the end result (her supporting Torrico's ammo bill) is what we have to go by - you make the choice on what she is.

Sgt Raven
02-04-2008, 2:15 PM
i sure;y do hope this year is not gonna be like last year but the same idiots are still in office and will still be there after november. this states legislature is like a dirty tampon still in the trash can. it's a sick analogy but true.

Well some of the &*()^%$ &*() are termed out unless they get prop 93 passed.

stator
02-04-2008, 6:32 PM
Bill,

CAFR and NAFR is notorious for this. The mothership, NAFR, lobbied ATF for tighten of the rules against "kitchen table FFL dealers" some years ago. They reaped what they sowed, however, as some of their membership has felt the sting of the ATF as well - "but you were only suppose to go after the kitchen table FFL dealers so we can compete less". It looks like they dump members if the FFL was revoked.

I usually go to NAFR's website and lit the list of California retailers who are members. If I buy from on of those, rare thing, I make darn sure they sell at kitchen table FFL prices.

Reeds and Sportsmen's, forget it. You will be hardpressed for competive pricing. Mel Cotton's, sometimes yes, sometimes no as timing is important there. Tom at CVSC seems to be the least of the CAFR style retailers but he is just shotguns. His posted prices will beat all three previously mentioned. If you are a member there, there is some leeway for haggling.

Best hint- Rob and Bruce are good friends to have. For the everyday stuff like Ruger 10/22 or Remington 870 express, etc., Big-5 is hard to beat :)

leelaw
02-04-2008, 7:00 PM
I think I just got black listed.

Just tell her that you work for Trader's and were curious... ;)