PDA

View Full Version : Why individuals require the 2nd Amendment

broofy
11-12-2013, 3:55 AM
The State should never have a monopoly on force. Regardless of how one feels about the political side of that coin, everyone can agree that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Every individual has a responsibility to their own safety and the safety of their family.

A good example of one family taking care of business:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/11/bethany-arceneaux-kidnapping-rescue_n_4254321.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

I'm not an advocate for vigilante-ism. I am an advocate for self reliance.

Oh, and I just LOVE the irony that this is from the Huffington Post.

cr250chevy
11-12-2013, 7:19 AM
Unbelievable! Did this guy even have a CCW? Why is he taking the law into his own hands!?!!! This rapist/kidnapper didn't deserve this, he didn't "mean it." I am starting a petition to Obama to go after this guy for murder!!!!
(Insert sarcasim)
When will the steeple and MEDIA start looking at these cases and at least open up the debate that a good guy with a gun truly is the ONLY way to stop a bad guy (with a gun)?

Mulay El Raisuli
11-12-2013, 8:19 AM
Unbelievable! Did this guy even have a CCW? Why is he taking the law into his own hands!?!!! This rapist/kidnapper didn't deserve this, he didn't "mean it." I am starting a petition to Obama to go after this guy for murder!!!!
(Insert sarcasim)
When will the steeple and MEDIA start looking at these cases and at least open up the debate that a good guy with a gun truly is the ONLY way to stop a bad guy (with a gun)?

That's a real good question.

The Raisuli

Jester3
11-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Wow, glad it worked out ok for the victim. Gonna have to see how it plays out in court. Citizens taking the law into there own hands, sometimes the only way to resolve these cases. Shoulda called 911, right. My opinion, justice served!

Paladin
11-12-2013, 6:06 PM
everyone can agree that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Every individual has a responsibility to their own safety and the safety of their family.

A good example of one family taking care of business:

<snip>

I'm not an advocate for vigilante-ism. I am an advocate for self reliance.I've listed plenty of examples of (mostly) CCWers saving lives and linked them in my sig line.

todd2968
11-16-2013, 9:24 PM
This is Louisiana no need for CCW guns can be legally carried loaded in car, because it is considered an extension of your home. They went there to rescue a family member, so they took their guns. Your responses seem strange much of America especially southern America don't fear the police if they shoot someone in self defense or defense of others.