View Full Version : regarding new tenpercent site

02-01-2008, 4:04 PM
Can anyone get onto the site. I'm not so good with computors and have no idea how to open the new system. I'm new to the AR world and have had a couple of people tell me to go there, but before I could the site went down. Now it has some kind of maximum security wall installed. If you know how to enter the site please let me know how you did it.Thanks! MUDD.

02-01-2008, 4:14 PM
I think he is still working on it. You can pm Wes http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=5164 for more info if needed

02-01-2008, 4:14 PM

and it is also shot show this weekend so better to wait until Tuesday to contact anyone.

02-01-2008, 4:52 PM
I trust your opinions. I won't bother him for a couple days.I'm sure he's buisy getting the site fixed.

02-01-2008, 5:15 PM
I emailed him and got this

Its true. It is undergoing maintenance.

Wesley Morris
Ten Percent Firearms
1277 Kern Street
Taft, CA 93268
phone: (661) 765-6899
fax: (661) 765-9355
www.tenpercentfirearms.com (http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/)

Sent from my iPhone

02-01-2008, 8:33 PM
Yeah sorry guys. It is coming along. Here is the story.

I bought the ScanAlert-Hacker Safe service (http://www.scanalert.com/) so I can make sure my cart is operating under secure conditions considering Jeff Rambo built my cart two years ago and I haven't had any updates since then.

Hacker Safe told me I needed to upgrade myPHP, apache, and I forget what else. My Zen Cart was way out of date as well. So I decided to upgrade my Zen Cart first. While in that process I realized I would probably have to upgrade my host service as some of those paramaters were out of my control.

I found Host 99 that specializes in Zen Cart and got signed up with them. The only problem is my old host is totally dragging his feet in transfering the domain pointers to Host 99. So I got the brilliant idea yesterday morning to register www.10percentfirearms.com and just have www.tenpercentfirearms.com point to it until my old host gets their rear in gear and switched me over.

So right now I am still in limbo. www.tenpercentfirearms.com goes to some generic Zen Cart set up page and www.10percentfirearms.com goes to a generic Zen Cart that isn't set up yet.

I am hoping by tomorrow I can at least have www.10percentfirearms.com running and then not to long after that or at the same time have www.tenpercentfirearms.com point to the cart as well.

Hopefully by tomorrow night I will be up and running again. To be honest, I kind of enjoyed the time off from web sales, but it is time to get back at it. When we do get back up and running we will probably run some sort of special to celebrate.

So for those of you wondering what is going on, I am ugrading my host and security so I can meet the same standards as www.homedepot.com and other major companies in order to make sure you can receive our superior customer service with complete ease of mind. For those of you who haven't done business with us yet, it will be worth your wait, but at the same time, I understand if you want to use one of the other fine vendors around here while I am transferring.

Tomorrow is SHOT Show! I am excited.

02-01-2008, 9:00 PM
Would any of you happen to have my old IP address saved by chance for www.tenpercentfirearms.com?

02-01-2008, 9:35 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

02-04-2008, 1:10 AM
Well this sucks. I actually started doing some editing on my zen cart and was actually making some progress, but the old site www.tenpercentfirearms.com was still not pointing to the new site www.10percentfirearms.com. Well after a while, they suddenly were working right. www.tenpercentfirearms.com was leading to www.10percentfirearms.com and boy everything seemed good.

Now nothing works. Just a blank page. I can still access my cPanel and Zen Cart access, but just no website. Sometimes life is just no fun. Not to mention it is 2:12 AM and I would like to get my website running again before I leave the SHOT Show. Well time for bed and I can play with this tomorrow after a full day at the SHOT Show.

Man, I am kind of getting tired of this.

02-04-2008, 6:10 AM
Yep, the main page works but if you click on anything else it just reloads the main page.

02-06-2008, 5:59 AM
The website is up and ready for orders, however, it is using a different template than it is supposed to. I will be getting the old template back in the next day or two.

Still the important thing is SSL is up and running and the shopping cart works so order away. Hopefully the old look and old text will be back by tomorrow.

02-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Typically, how long does it take for a reply to a question? Ready to order, but, had questions on services available.

02-06-2008, 1:19 PM
I also have a question before ordering, and for some reason when I try to call you after several rings the line just goes silent. Anyway, I only wanted to know if the Bullet Button 1 in the combo package with the mag and takedown pin is one of the new ones with the anodized center nut and without the flanged base.

02-06-2008, 7:23 PM
I replied to Johnny's e-mail and I am having the same problem with my voice mail as you. I try to check it and I get that click and no response just like when you call. We will try to fix that tomorrow and e-mail is absolutely the best way to contact us.

The Bullet Buttons Is I currently have in stock have the black center nut, but still have the flanged base. You can certainly file them down to get them to drop fit. I will be ordering some more BB Is soon that will be the drop in style, but it will be about...two weeks.

Tonight I will get my front page and links on my website complete. The inventory numbers are accurate now as of about 15 minutes ago.

02-08-2008, 2:31 PM
Wes, double check your links in the top menu bar. Not all of them are pointing to the right places. Most of them are pointing at placeholder text. Otherwise, everything looks good.

02-08-2008, 8:50 PM
Wes, double check your links in the top menu bar. Not all of them are pointing to the right places. Most of them are pointing at placeholder text. Otherwise, everything looks good.

Yep, I am working on that. I just got the AR15 FAQ working and gave up and went to sleep. Tonight I should be able to get the rest done.