PDA

View Full Version : Blank receivers and concerns

luke.itzhak
11-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Hello all,

So I know that not so long ago, governor brown did not approve a law for californians to register their rifles.

My question stems here. If, say, I were to have a blank receiver and a law in the future were to pass that required to register firearms, how can I register a "blank" receiver? I would like to follow the law, so I would not decide to pretend it does not exist. If I am obliged to register, can I create my own serial number (since I would be the manufacturer) or do I have to take it somewhere to have an official serial number placed on it?

I am asking this because I want to build my own AK with flats.

-hanko
11-09-2013, 11:07 AM
If, say, I were to have a blank receiver and a law in the future were to pass that required to register firearms, how can I register a "blank" receiver? I would like to follow the law, so I would not decide to pretend it does not exist. If I am obliged to register, can I create my own serial number (since I would be the manufacturer) or do I have to take it somewhere to have an official serial number placed on it?
You make up whatever you'd like as a serial number and stamp or engrave it on the receiver. You also make up your own manufacturing company name and add it too.

ptoguy2002
11-09-2013, 8:40 PM
This is easy:

Serial No: BITEMY@SSCADOJ
Manuf: TWOSTONESANDAHAMMER

Serial No: CADOJCANEATIT
Manuf: DRILLEDITNAILEDIT

Serial No: ABOLISHTHESTUPIDGUNLAWS
Manuf: MYTWOYEAROLDWITHPLAYDOH

You may freely use any of the above.

Probably should put at least one actual number in the serial number, and you can't have an @ symbol, alpha numeric only.
Refer to BATFE marking guidelines....

jonc
11-09-2013, 8:44 PM
This is easy:

Serial No: BITEMY@SSCADOJ
Manuf: TWOSTONESANDAHAMMER

Serial No: CADOJCANEATIT
Manuf: DRILLEDITNAILEDIT

Serial No: ABOLISHTHESTUPIDGUNLAWS
Manuf: MYTWOYEAROLDWITHPLAYDOH

You may freely use any of the above.

Lol

call-in
11-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Probably should put at least one actual number in the serial number, and you can't have an @ symbol, alpha numeric only.
Refer to BATFE marking guidelines....

Serial No: B1teMyA55CAD0J
Manuf: TwoStonesAndAHammer

Serial No: CAD0JCanEat1t
Manuf: DrilledItNailedIt

Serial No: AbolishThe5tupid6unLaws
Manuf: MyTwoYearOldWithPlayDoh

:D

Omega-man
11-10-2013, 11:51 AM
This one funny *** thread, this could really go somewhere.

edgerly779
11-10-2013, 12:05 PM
add location where mfg and caliber

edgerly779
11-10-2013, 3:57 PM
Isn't it a challenge to make it a joke and be legal at same time.