PDA

View Full Version : felony (transfer of guns owned by prohibited person)

ummmmmm456
11-03-2013, 8:37 AM
hi, i have a friend who's brother committed a felony. my friend's brother owns a handgun and long gun. brother 1 committed a felony, brother 2 has the guns in his safe. Can brother 2 get guns transferred in his name?

mofojoe
11-03-2013, 9:00 AM
Why not??? FFL HSC PPT done!!!!

HOGLEG
11-03-2013, 9:07 AM
They need to get it done before the storm troopers come to pick up the guns from the felon.

ummmmmm456
11-03-2013, 9:09 AM
does brother # 1 need to sign the transfer papers?

hermosabeach
11-03-2013, 9:16 AM
So... I am confused

Brother A; Lives in CA? Not prohibited from owning guns?

Brother B: Felon 1) in Jail/ prison 2) out on bail 3) out on Parole 4) released & not on Parole

Do Brothers A & B live together, close to each other, etc?

---
Any which way... I would pass... I do not need to be the "owner" of a close relative's guns who is now a prohibited person....

I don't need the potential hassle of a PO or other team coming to verify that Brother B's former guns are now in my possession and I am not just keeping the, for the prohibited person so they don't get taken.....

ummmmmm456
11-03-2013, 9:24 AM
sorry, both brothers are california residents.

they lived together up until the time that brother 1 felon was arrested.

brother 2 has the guns in his safe.

brother 2 is asking if he can transfer the guns legally in his name.

Leatherneck714
11-03-2013, 9:30 AM
Yes he can do it. Do it asap. Conduct the private party transfer at an ffl.

MAKE SURE BROTHER RECEIVING GUNS DOESN'T LET FELON BROTHER HAVE ACCESS TO THE GUNS.

SemperFi1775
11-03-2013, 9:44 AM
brother 1 (felon) should not go any where near a firearm/ammo. he needs to find someone who can dispose/transfer the guns using this form:

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/poafirearmsdecl.pdf

Librarian
11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
brother 1 (felon) should not go any where near a firearm/ammo. he needs to find someone who can dispose/transfer the guns using this form:

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/poafirearmsdecl.pdf

That form, or some other power of attorney document that allows a third party to handle sale on behalf of the prohibited-person-brother.

ummmmmm456
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
thank you gentlemen. i appreciate all the information.

edgerly779
11-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Librarian always has the answers. I am amazed that I have never seen him proved wrong. Even my lawyer has erasers on his pencils. Hope he doesn't get a swelled head.

ojisan
11-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Librarian is rumored to be some kind of super bot that can translate legalese into plain english.
Nobody knows if he is a live person or some sort of high-tech program that is the first example of artificial intelligence.
I'd keep my distance if I was you.
You never know what might happen if you make physical contact.
http://www.allemoticons.com/Aliens/Aliens_borg_assimilation_faces.gif