PDA

View Full Version : Guns news article on gun control strategy

sakosf
11-02-2013, 9:06 PM
http://www.gunnews.com/politico-reveals-white-houses-newtown-strategy/

North86
11-03-2013, 5:48 PM
If you like your gun, you can keep it. Period.

/sarcasm

SanPedroShooter
11-06-2013, 6:05 AM
If you like your gun, you can keep it. Period.

/sarcasm

Boom

problemchild
11-06-2013, 5:33 PM
They NEVER give up, give in and stop trying. They keep chipping away just like they did with shoving gay marriage down our throats. Now we have queer marines and sailors being forced on us demoralizing the military.

They wont EVER stop trying to take our guns away.

Nevada Hudson
11-06-2013, 6:04 PM
They NEVER give up, give in and stop trying. They keep chipping away just like they did with shoving gay marriage down our throats. Now we have queer marines and sailors being forced on us demoralizing the military.

I hear ya! Even if it loses in an election, they will have a judge put it in anyway.

broofy
11-06-2013, 6:22 PM

It does 2A issues no good whatsoever when gun owners muddy the waters with other issues, particularly other civil rights issues. It's hypocrisy and makes it easy to dismiss gun owners as ignorant bigots.

It's ridiculous to think that there have not been gay members of the military in every branch of the service since time immemorial. About 10% of the population is gay. That's the way it is. Some of them want to serve their country...and you have a problem with that? It doesn't matter if you think it's wrong or makes you uncomfortable. It is an individual's right to love whom and how they wish (assuming consenting adults) just as it is an individual's right to have the power of a gun. The government, nor "public opinion" have any place in either choice.

Hyperbole about "demoralizing the military" is narrow minded crap. I would find it much more demoralizing to be a woman in the service when sexual harassment and assault seem to be both prevalent and tacitly accepted. Seems to me that the morale of at least 10% of service members just went up. Most probably don't care. A few don't like accepting what is already (and has always been) in their midst...welcome to the 21st century. Just as you don't want "non-gun" folks legislating you because they are uncomfortable with your gun freedoms, gay people don't want you legislating them because you don't approve of them....which, by the way, is much flimsier justification than the "public safety" issue non-gun folks love to use. So, not only is it hypocrisy, its weakly justified hypocrisy.

If you're willing to join the military and serve your country, I don't care what is between your legs or where you like to stick it. Who you decide to be intimate with is none of my business, likewise who others decide to be intimate with is none of yours.

That said, I agree that "anti" political forces will never give up. Nor should we. That's the give and take of Democracy. Long term, hopefully the bedrock of our civil rights will survive.

Morbo
11-06-2013, 7:49 PM

You might want to read, "The Thin Red Line", a novel by James Jones (you may have heard of one of his other novels, "From Here to Eternity"). While it is a novel, he was writing about his experiences in WWII.

Be prepared to be very uncomfortable.

And I do agree with you, anti-gunners will not stop.