PDA

View Full Version : Good info!

Cypriss32
01-29-2008, 8:06 PM
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=455008&gonew=1#UNREAD

I hope its true!

rksimple
01-30-2008, 8:19 AM
It would be nice if they were Diavaries with metric turrets and zero stops.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 8:34 AM
dude, just pick one scope and just get it. there will always be something "new" that just came out, or the latest model. just get a descent scope, and shoot the hell out of your rifle. 1 good rifle is all you really need.

wildcard
01-30-2008, 8:37 AM
dude, just pick one scope and just get it. there will always be something "new" that just came out, or the latest model. just get a descent scope, and shoot the hell out of your rifle. 1 good rifle is all you really need.

Yeah, I agree. But if you got the cash and you're willing to spend it on the newest and best, go for it. Of course it makes getting familiar with your equipment a little more difficult.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 8:43 AM
like me switching to mills. i agree, but should pay it's dividends when i get it down. i do like my erek knobs though. one revolution is all i need now to 1k, and my windage knobs are clearly marked going left or right. less chances of dumb errors. illuminated recticle should pay off to for night matches. it'll even out my bad night vision.

rksimple
01-30-2008, 12:40 PM

If I could find the S&B I would! Limiting myself to one rifle however is something I'll never do. I already need 2 safes! If I get an AI next, the S&B will probably go on that. Then I may get a ffp nightforce for my R+D. My only requirement for scopes now is that the have ccw, metric turrets and a mil reticle (and that it be calibrated on a reasonable magnification or ffp). If NF or PR can accomidate for a better price than USO or S&B, I'll buy it.

Prc329
01-30-2008, 1:00 PM
There was an AI/S&B rifle at the match on saturday. I got a semi chubby looking at it.

I want one but just can't afford it yet. Maybe I can lie to the wife and say we aren't getting a return this year, hmmmmmm.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 1:03 PM
there is one AW on sale right now at SH. some vendor has one in stock. it's only like 7k. a drop in the bucket for you. do it!

Prc329
01-30-2008, 1:11 PM
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=442652&gonew=1#UNREAD

Man that's sexy.

rksimple
01-30-2008, 1:32 PM
He's had that for sale for a little while. Nobody seems to have enough cash. If they would just drop the price 1000-1200 I think they'd sell a lot more rifles over here.

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 1:48 PM
jeez I feel like the under dressed poor kid on the block - me with my lowly 2 year old build with chipping paint, a barrel that I'm nursing through another season, and Nikon tactical scope with second focal plane. :hide:

ar15barrels
01-30-2008, 1:50 PM
jeez I feel like the under dressed poor kid on the block - me with my lowly 2 year old build with chipping paint, a barrel that I'm nursing through another season, and Nikon tactical scope with second focal plane. :hide:

You make up for your lack of bling with your shooting skills.
Many people try to make up for their lack of skills by buying bling.

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 1:54 PM

or as the resident gunsmith at APS says - "buying groups". By the way I have no skills - its all Savannah - let her get pissed off at me and see what skills I have . . .

Prc329
01-30-2008, 1:54 PM
I'm pretty sure once I get my barrel I will have my current rifle for a long time. Not to say I won't have others.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 1:56 PM
but still a real AI AW would be nice to have. anyone saying otherwise is just hating on the rifle.

i love my black beauty. i went black, and i ain't ever going back. my custom rig let's me make zero excuses. that's what i bought it for. it's the indian right? hehe

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 1:59 PM
I'm pretty sure once I get my barrel I will have my current rifle for a long time. Not to say I won't have others.

trust me once you get your match rock barrel on, you'll be mesmorized by it's pure accuracy.

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 2:01 PM
but still a real AI AW would be nice to have. anyone saying otherwise is just hating on the rifle.

i love my black beauty. i went black, and i ain't ever going back. my custom rig let's me make zero excuses. that's what i bought it for. it's the indian right? hehe

I've shot an AI a few times, nice bit no nicer than a good custom in a AICS stock.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 2:01 PM

you can't complain, you have a custom r+d rifle, all match quality and your nikon scope is set at 12x right at where your mildot is. sounds perfect to me. :)

that's a no excuse rig too.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 2:03 PM
I've shot an AI a few times, nice bit no nicer than a good custom in a AICS stock.

i agree 100%, but if you can take a real aics aw for the same price, i know you would get the aics. that rifle would go to hell and back in one piece, and still be a tac driver. plus, i never see you put more than a few rounds down the barrel. it's time to heat that barrel up again. make savanah nice and warm.

PistolPete75
01-30-2008, 2:06 PM

nayt, you are a pure addict. if you have money, you'll always buy more. nothing wrong with that too, more power to you.

rksimple
01-30-2008, 2:18 PM
that rifle would go to hell and back in one piece, and still be a tac driver.

Except when you pound on the bolt with a 2x4 to get it open. :p The AI doesn't seem to have the problem of the bolt handle separating from the bolt body. Its just a different, much more expensive, beast.

Cypriss32
01-30-2008, 3:58 PM

Im about to flip the **** out if that was pointed towared me!

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 4:14 PM

rksimple
01-30-2008, 4:18 PM

Don't worry about it. Having a quality rifle with reliable glass is whats important. If you have good taste and can afford a better rifle, more power to ya'. It'll payoff in the end.

Cypriss32
01-30-2008, 4:19 PM
Lol u crack me up Bill.

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 4:23 PM
Lol u crack me up Bill.

SO when you gonna meet me for some early mornin' buff spanking?

Cypriss32
01-30-2008, 4:27 PM
Let me get my **** settled and we will talk.... Im taken the dust off the savage right now to shoot it. Got school starting next week. So it will HAVE to be an sunday!

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 4:33 PM
Let me get my **** settled and we will talk.... Im taken the dust off the savage right now to shoot it. Got school starting next week. So it will HAVE to be an sunday!

:whistling:

Cypriss32
01-30-2008, 4:35 PM
I can throw rocks at it.

wildcard
01-30-2008, 5:19 PM
:whistling:

Ditto. Me and Pete were ready to come over to shoot and video tape this Sunday.

ar15barrels
01-30-2008, 6:08 PM

It was a generality, not pointed at anyone in particular. :rolleyes:

A little insecure perhaps?
Are you always looking over your shoulder for the boogieman?

Cypriss32
01-30-2008, 6:28 PM
Im just messing around.......... Im a little secure dont worry....
How does this DPMS brake look>?

ar15barrels
01-30-2008, 7:12 PM
How does this DPMS brake look>?

No good lighting setup right now for pictures... :mad:

http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/308miculek.jpg

Timberwolf
01-30-2008, 9:54 PM
Ditto. Me and Pete were ready to come over to shoot and video tape this Sunday.

This Sunday I have Mass detail with the CEO (haven't been in over 1 month) but Sat is a go unless I'm working then Sat or Sunday is good.