PDA

View Full Version : Hallow's Eve, Political Correctness, and Pondering...

jukyu-juichi
10-31-2013, 9:30 PM
So tonight got me to thinking. Play along with me.

Let's say someone was giving out 80% paperweights to kids for Halloween. Legally, there is no problem, all you are giving the kid is a hunk of steel. As best I can tell, it's completely legal for a minor to possess a paperweight, and would legally be allowed to turn it into a firearm when they reach legal age (unless the current gun laws change in CA). So, I believe this would be legal.

Now for the real question. How long do you think it would take for the police to show up at your door? Or I wonder how long it would take for a "parent mob" to assemble outside your home threatening to burn it down?

I can say with confidence that there are more anti-gun people in my neighborhood than not. Some are from countries that do not allow the people to own guns, or that very few have them.

I was recently critisized by some friends for taking my 18 year old daughter to the shooting range. Literally I thought they were going to come after me with silver bullets and a cross...It even made them more hostile when I mentioned she could hit the black circles at 20 feet.

Yeah, I have a twisted mind, but I was just pondering...about the Hallow's Eve... ;)

POLICESTATE
10-31-2013, 9:32 PM
Hand out NRA pamphlets with candy. That will get some angry feedback for ya.

From some really stupid people.

Tincon
10-31-2013, 9:35 PM
I'm not sure it is helpful to try to politicize Halloween (or any other holiday).

Off the Roster
10-31-2013, 9:40 PM
From 10 - 11pm i hand out condoms, not candy. forget PC.

jukyu-juichi
10-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Hand out NRA pamphlets with candy. That will get some angry feedback for ya.

From some really stupid people.

Actually that would probably get a "parent mob" also...lol

I like that, and it doesn't cost very much. I could have even afforded that this year...hmmm...

From 10 - 11pm i hand out condoms, not candy. forget PC.

Damn, you mention that after I watched my 18 year old daughter drive off with friends...lol (that's funny though...)

We don't get very many kids anymore...seems our anti neighbors are also scared their kids will get poison candy from us or something...

About 10-15 years ago I used to dress up as an Arab on Halloween. People didn't like it when I used Belushi's line..."how much for the little girl ?" lol

In fact, my wife told me if I was to wear that now, someone might shoot me. :TFH:

Off the Roster
10-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Damn, you mention that after I watched my 18 year old daughter drive off with friends...

lol, sorry. i started the practice about 5 years ago when some kids showed up late and condoms were the only individually wrapped things i had left in the house. the teens LOVED it so i created a tradition.

Epaphroditus
11-01-2013, 7:25 AM
I was recently critisized by some friends for taking my 18 year old daughter to the shooting range. Literally I thought they were going to come after me with silver bullets and a cross...It even made them more hostile when I mentioned she could hit the black circles at 20 feet.

Yeah, I have a twisted mind, but I was just pondering...about the Hallow's Eve... ;)

I hope you are talking about handguns otherwise my 8 year old has your kid beat by a mile.

With "friends" like your neighbors have fun when SHTF!

jukyu-juichi
11-01-2013, 8:21 AM
I hope you are talking about handguns otherwise my 8 year old has your kid beat by a mile.

With "friends" like your neighbors have fun when SHTF!

Yes, with handguns. Both .22 and .380, but not any .45s. Let me just say this with confidence. If my daughter had to defend herself inside a home, she would be able to hit her avenger and put an end to them.

With an AR15 she was able to hit decent groupings at 50'. However, I thought it best not to mention one of the "black guns" to them, that would really have tossed them on their ear.

I will say this...of the 3 or 4 rifles she shot that day, the AR15 was her favorite as she felt it was the lightest, and easiest to shoot accurately for her.

I don't know what all of this means, other than she will need an AR15 along with a handgun in the future. Oh, and she would like it to be at least partially purple cerakote. :D

I will also add, my daughter is not the stereotype that people would think of for someone who wanted to go to the shooting range. She graduated from one of the most afluent schools in Silicon Valley, her GPA was about 3.5, and most of her friends are going to UCs and other top schools across the country. But there is one thing very unusual about her, which other kids do not experience as much...and that is that her Father is not afraid to take her to the shooting range and make sure she knows how to shoot a firearm in case she every needs to defend herself. :oji:

Vladimir
11-01-2013, 10:14 AM
lol, sorry. i started the practice about 5 years ago when some kids showed up late and condoms were the only individually wrapped things i had left in the house. the teens LOVED it so i created a tradition.

thats funny, but i think people are stupid if they actually use a condom given to them by some random. if its time, then im making sure IM the one who bought it in a store and put it on, no popping tiny holes are any of that stuff going on with me :) Had it happen to a friend. Dont trust women OR men!