PDA

View Full Version : i might be in trouble.. can someone help? got a couple questions

Frozenguy
01-28-2008, 3:05 PM
Thanks for your help guys

wildcard
01-28-2008, 3:14 PM
Quit stressing. You'll be just fine. Are you sure you just didn't hear the sarcasm in his/ her voice when they said they would come lock you up? :rolleyes:

Hopi
01-28-2008, 3:21 PM
If you have outstanding warrants for failures to appear, then yes, the DROS would probably be denied. Felony or not, I would assume that arrest warrants are linked to the DROS software....hopefully I'm wrong.

If you have warrants, it is certainly not the best idea to post here about it.

Try calling the folks below, they might be willing to help answer a few questions.
http://www.tmllp.com/

Rob P.
01-28-2008, 3:23 PM
Depending on what the FTA's are for, you may or may not be eligible to pick up your weapon from the dealer.

I would not recommend that you post that info on a public forum. Instead I would recommend that you hire a competent atty and go get your record settled ASAP and first instead of buying guns.

hoffmang
01-28-2008, 3:23 PM
If you have any issues with your driver's license it will stop a DROS. Unless your issues are serious, its unlikely that there will be any impact beyond a DROS denial. All you have to do is clear it up and run the DROS again. FFL's see this quite a bit and minor Drivers License issues are the number 1 reason fro DROS denials.

-Gene

tyrist
01-28-2008, 3:27 PM
You had best be taking care of your failure to appear it's usually an additional fine that is much larger than the original.

Frozenguy
01-28-2008, 3:33 PM
Thanks guys..

RAD-CDPII
01-28-2008, 3:48 PM
.. Man what a kick in the butt.. Hey serves me right. I gotta take care of **** first.. Ok well I'm gonna be getting off to core asap then. I dunno if I have warrants but I do have FTA for speeding tickets and such. Clean record besides that I'm a pretty good person.. So they will prob just get denied and it won't keep me from buying one in the future right? Just right now

How old are those FTA's, there could very well be a bench warrant out. If you get stopped for out of date registration on your plates, you could end up in jail. That happened to a friend of mine, and the bail to get out was not cheap, remember, they know that you already skipped out on at least one.

sixtringr
01-29-2008, 3:48 PM
Call a bail bondsman and find out what you are looking at. They should be able to tell you something ($) up front. Might be cheaper than a lawer and you don't have to walk into the station to get info- just an Idea.

eta34
01-29-2008, 4:01 PM
Forget the bondsman. Call the court directly. If there is a warrant, they will tell you the bail amount.

SVT-40
01-29-2008, 4:03 PM
Frozenguy, If all you have is a FTA in traffic court you probably do have a warrant. But all you need to do is make your appearance. If you use a bail bond agent he will charge you $$. Most courts allow people with FTA's to make their appearance in the original court they were supposed to appear in and have the warrant recalled. Another court date will be set or you can make a plea on your first appearance.

If your in doubt call the court and ask for the court clerk.

If the issue is over a regular traffic offense most P.D.'s wont even make and arrest. But you should get it cleared up as soon as you can.

Frozenguy
01-29-2008, 5:57 PM
yeah i'm gunna be def. i've already started.. i waited too long.