PDA

View Full Version : Friend moved from California to Texas.

c good
10-25-2013, 6:18 PM
She took her S&W revolver that was registered to her in California with her. Does she need to file any paperwork for California? Also, does anyone here know much about the Texas handgun laws? Will she have to register it in Texas or just show up with it and not worry about it? Thanks for any info. c good

krucam
10-25-2013, 7:01 PM
No requirement to register it in TX. Burn any and all Ca paperwork once clear, except fit the receipt if desired.

SoldierLife7
10-25-2013, 7:54 PM
Glad to see that someone was able to escape!! :D

I love Cali...everything except for the asinine firearms laws! :facepalm:

SonofWWIIDI
10-25-2013, 8:21 PM
Tell her to sell it and buy one without any registration attached.

nidhogg24
10-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Glad to see that someone was able to escape!! :D

I love Cali...everything except for the asinine firearms laws! :facepalm:

Don't forget the high cost of living.

Dragunov
10-26-2013, 12:29 PM
She's fine. She can also carry it loaded in her vehicle, within reach as long as it is covered.

My wife has a .380 we bought in Kommie. No problem. You can tell Kali to pound salt.

BMartin1776
10-26-2013, 1:34 PM
if i had known how bad this state was when i moved out here in 2000 i wouldn't have done it. now I'm trapped no way to get out (broke/unemployed)

troysland
10-26-2013, 3:53 PM
No requirement to register it in TX. Burn any and all Ca paperwork once clear, except fit the receipt if desired.

This^. Only bad thing about moving to Texas, is not doing it sooner. :D

JoshuaS
10-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Tell her NOT to burn anything of the sort.

She is not required to do anything, but she can fire an NLIP

Yes, it says "No Longer in Possession" but that is misleading. You can also declare no longer a resident of California and it has the same effect, and for good reason. If she sells it out in Texas, and say moves back, or say she sells it, and that guy moves to CA and sells it here, it can avoid (albeit highly unlikely) problems.

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/BOF4546NLIP0209.pdf

Pred@tor
11-09-2013, 1:12 PM
Never did anything about my 92FS Beretta which I still have and I am in Missouri now. Nothing to worry about and if I could deregister it from the DOJ I wouldnt care I filled out a 4473 form to get it anyway. No worries shes fine... now if I bring the 92FS back with me to CA im good its legal to go so long as a I leave my +10 round mags here.