PDA

View Full Version : So how is all this gun control panning out?

TeddyBallgame
10-25-2013, 3:55 AM
well, according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, violent crime is up 15%, and, property crime is up 12%, marking the second consecutive year that these statistics have been on the rise

obviously, I'm more than willing to blame it on too much gun restriction...how about you?

why not? it only stands to reason that you restrict people in the way they can legally defend themselves, how can this NOT happen? it's paramount to giving criminals the green light, I'm sure they are well aware of the restrictions we law abiding citizens have to adhere to...the odds are in their favor that the people they target won't have a "legal" way of defending themselves with a firearm

I wish I could provide a link to the story, but, it was a "short" report on the ABC World News, morning edition, and, I do mean "short"...a few words, then on to the next story...I guess they were just letting us night owls know, too bad it's not a big enough story to give the same heads up to the day people :shrug:

then again, maybe it has NOTHING to do with gun control, maybe it's just a short term glitch in the system, in due time, and more gun control, it will straighten itself out...in the meantime, more people get to become victims because the roll of the dice is becoming more and more in favor of the bad guy :yes:

a 15% RISE in violent crime is not a small increase...I'm no math genius, but I think that speaks for itself that something isn't working...I'll blame the gun control laws, and, the people who create them...why not? they blame all of us every time some insane lunatic uses a firearm against innocent people, so, I'll blame this rise on the fact that they won't let people have a chance to secure the means of defending themselves, while at the same time, advertising to all the wannabe criminals that, they have become even further successful in disarming us, the law abiding, everyday, ordinary joe, citizen

sounds about right to me...am I wrong?

SanPedroShooter
10-25-2013, 6:20 AM
I would say, 'What gun control?'

Aside from a handful full of die hard states, we haven't really seen any new gun control in years and years.

TeddyBallgame
10-25-2013, 6:50 AM
I would say, 'What gun control?'

Aside from a handful full of die hard states, we haven't really seen any new gun control in years and years.it was kind of my point, Shooter, even after all these years, what has it accomplished?

the grand selling point is always about erasing violence from our society, starting with more gun control, so, why after all these years, is crime still on the rise?

Toptuna
10-25-2013, 6:54 AM
it was kind of my point, Shooter, even after all these years, what has it accomplished?

the grand selling point is always about erasing violence from our society, starting with more gun control, so, why after all these years, is crime still on the rise?

The economy.....

SanPedroShooter
10-25-2013, 6:57 AM
it was kind of my point, Shooter, even after all these years, what has it accomplished?

Well crime has been falling since the 1990's as far as I know. In LA the crime rate is about the same as it was when my dad was a kid. I've never seen it so calm.

But I would say that 'gun control' has done as much good as the war on drugs.

..ahem...

I was thinking about this point the other day when I read about the guy in DC that had his house raided and ripped apart for an old broken shotgun shell and some other shooting debris.

That is the end result of mala prohibitum gun laws, not any reduction in crime.

DC and Chicago, plus Mexico and the UK are good examples.

VictorFranko
10-25-2013, 7:02 AM
It's not about curbing violence, it's about controlling the little people.
DiFi made it her "personal agenda" to ban assault rifles, even though she knows darn well that less than 4% of firearm deaths in the U.S. every year are by all styles of rifles combined.

BTW DiFi, elected officials are elected to represent the will of the people, not pursue their "personal agendas".

Cody
10-25-2013, 7:34 AM
BTW DiFi, elected officials are elected to represent the will of the people, not pursue their "personal agendas".

No, they are there so they can give their husbands lucrative contracts and profit from the position.

-Cody

chris
10-25-2013, 7:56 AM
Gun control gas always been about "control" not the reduction of violence its about controlling the people. Tyrants do not like an armed populace too hard to control. Once disarmament is complete the screws will be really put to the people to show who is in charge and that if you voting gives you freedom think again it doesn't. The last election showed me one thing the people of this country and state are will to give it all up for so called security and we know where it will lead.

Untamed1972
10-25-2013, 7:59 AM
I would love to blame it on gun control......but reality is it's prolly more directly related to the poor economic conditions we've been enduring the last few years.

bloodhawke83
10-25-2013, 8:05 AM
Brown let out more prisoners, does that count?

SacJDog
10-25-2013, 8:40 AM
You will notice when they talk about the success of gun control, they never mention Chicago or DC, WHY? because those cities are glaring examples that gun control has failed.

ChrisC
10-25-2013, 8:42 AM
Instead of just looking at the last 2 years, look at the last 20+ years. You might be surprised.

TeddyBallgame
10-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Brown let out more prisoners, does that count?funny you mention that blood, because the VERY next story was the fact that JB has to release another 9600 inmates this year :eek:

TeddyBallgame
10-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Instead of just looking at the last 2 years, look at the last 20+ years. You might be surprised.you're most likely correct, Chris, but, my post was all about being biased and skewed in my thinking, giving me the right to blame it all on failed gun control, and, the people who put these laws into motion :)

since when does the truth make a difference to them, so, I've decided to follow the same path

so far, its refreshing to feel this way lol

mif_slim
10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
I blame it on Bush! ;)

Mitch
10-25-2013, 3:10 PM
well, according to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, violent crime is up 15%, and, property crime is up 12%, marking the second consecutive year that these statistics have been on the rise

obviously, I'm more than willing to blame it on too much gun restriction...how about you?

Probably demographics. Crime rates are very closely correlated with the proportion of young men in society, which is one reason why crime got so back in the 1960s and 1970s (as the Baby Boomers were coming of age).

Maybe we are seeing an uptick in crime as the Baby Boomers' kids come of age.

M. D. Van Norman
10-25-2013, 3:47 PM
A 15-percent increase? Really?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/1tabledatadecoverviewpdf/table_1_crime_in_the_united_states_by_volume_and_r ate_per_100000_inhabitants_1993-2012.xls