PDA

View Full Version : Darn Democrats are up to it again with SB23!!!

wilit
01-26-2008, 1:00 PM
:D

Looks like when I visit Tennessee later this year, I should start scoping out some land to buy.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3404

Friday, January 25, 2008

Senate Bill 23, sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), allows a person who has a valid Right-to-Carry permit to carry a firearm into restaurants where alcohol may be served, as long as the permit holder is not consuming alcohol or is not otherwise prohibited by posting provisions. This important Right-to-Carry reform passed the State Senate by a vote of 24-6 on Wednesday, January 16. Law-abiding permit holders should not be denied their right to self-defense simply because they choose to dine out with friends or family. SB23 now heads to the House for its consideration.

VegasND
01-26-2008, 2:06 PM
Good change, all states should do so. There is no reason you should surrender your right to defense because you are in a location where alcohol is consumed. Here in NV you may carry in a bar and drink. Blood alcohol for driving is .08 but for carry it's still .10! I personally think drinking while carrying is an invitation to a lawsuit if anything should happen, but at least you can't be charged for having a drink with dinner while armed.

MrTuffPaws
01-26-2008, 3:42 PM
Awesome bill.

What does this have to do with Democrats?

Patriot
01-26-2008, 3:45 PM
Awesome bill.

What does this have to do with Democrats?

Senate Bill 23, sponsored by State Senator Doug Jackson (D-25)

:detective:

jamesob
01-26-2008, 4:29 PM
well if i remember right you can go into a resteraunt that serves alcohol here in cal as long as it serves food .also you just cant be drinking.if its a satraight up bar then no.

aileron
01-26-2008, 4:41 PM
:D

Looks like when I visit Tennessee later this year, I should start scoping out some land to buy.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3404

Had me freaked out that something bad was going down with SB 23. For that... :7:

:p

G17GUY
01-26-2008, 6:02 PM
sweet!