PDA

View Full Version : Interstate interfamilial transfers in San Bernardino Co?

TrapperP2005
10-20-2013, 7:59 PM
Does anyone know of any FFL dealers that do interstate interfamilial transfers? Including off roster handguns? I have contacted numerous shops and none seem to think this is a legal. It has to be SENT to the FFL due to distance.

Looking for a place in san bernardino county or southern Ca.

Thanks,

Jordan

Tincon
10-20-2013, 8:19 PM
It is legal, but the DOJ DROS system does not allow for it. There is a workaround using a paper (offline) transaction, but good luck finding a dealer that will do it for you. So you are stuck with the interstate transfer fee and roster guns only.

Librarian
10-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Dealers report (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=762066&highlight=intrafamilial) the process to use is 'Curio/Relic/Exempt' in the DROS software, and a comment "27870PC intrafamily transfer" works.

Tincon
10-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Dealers report (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=762066&highlight=intrafamilial) the process to use is 'Curio/Relic/Exempt' in the DROS software, and a comment "27870PC intrafamily transfer" works.

Interesting, that makes sense. I wonder which dealers are willing to do this?

tnlrat37
10-21-2013, 3:52 AM
Not to thread jack but I was at Turners yesterday asking about this and the sales guy said as long as the gun is brought to me by my dad that all is needed is the 19$ op law form. After repeatedly telling him state lines make that a nogo, he asked 2 other guys working there and they said the same thing as he did, so I just left and searched Calguns again and this has been asked and answered many times with no. However my dad gave me the gun before he moved out of ca,so it never crossed state lines but back then I didn't know about the op law form. I want to do things legit, is the op law form all i need then?

Mitch
10-21-2013, 5:44 AM
Interesting, that makes sense. I wonder which dealers are willing to do this?

Allow me to "pimp" for RifleGear in Fountain Valley again. They will do it as an interstate transfer, not a PPT, but off-roster handguns are not a problem. OP can do the transfer during a day at the beach, and come back to pick up the gun on another day at the beach.

However my dad gave me the gun before he moved out of ca,so it never crossed state lines but back then I didn't know about the op law form. I want to do things legit, is the op law form all i need then?

If your father gave you the gun before he moved, the OpLaw form (and $19) is all you need. There's a place on the form where you fill in the date of transfer. Then you will be rewarded with a pleasant thank you letter from Kamala Harris. That's $19 well spent, let me tell you.

tnlrat37
10-21-2013, 10:23 AM
^^^ that's what I was thinking, thanks

TrapperP2005
10-21-2013, 3:43 PM
[QUOTE=Mitch;12587475]Allow me to "pimp" for RifleGear in Fountain Valley again. They will do it as an interstate transfer, not a PPT, but off-roster handguns are not a problem. OP can do the transfer during a day at the beach, and come back to pick up the gun on another day at the beach.

Just called and going to schedule the transfer ASAP. Thanks for requesting a very pleasant GS. An FFL that actually knows what they're doing!