PDA

View Full Version : AK / AR pistol laws

AK all day
10-16-2013, 1:15 PM
Im a little confused and unfamiliar with the laws regaurding pistols such as the AR-15, AK, G3 ect.

How exactly is it legal with the magazine being accepted somehwere else besides the grip?

How would a ban on bullet buttons affect the pistols of this type? Because to my knowledge, you can't have a featureless pistol right? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

timdps
10-16-2013, 2:07 PM
Im a little confused and unfamiliar with the laws regaurding pistols such as the AR-15, AK, G3 ect.

How exactly is it legal with the magazine being accepted somehwere else besides the grip?

Fixed magazine via bullet button exempts the handgun from all evil features including mag location.

How would a ban on bullet buttons affect the pistols of this type? Because to my knowledge, you can't have a featureless pistol right? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Depending on wording of the law it would probably would make them assault weapons and probably force a new registration period.

T

stix213
10-16-2013, 2:11 PM
Fixed magazine via bullet button exempts the handgun from all evil features including mag location.

Depending on wording of the law it would probably would make them assault weapons and probably force a new registration period.

T

This ^^^

SB 374 would have done exactly what timdps said. Speculating on yet unwritten legislation possibly proposed next year though is just that, speculation.

jonc
10-16-2013, 2:34 PM
mmmmmm

good to know

Mobius38
10-16-2013, 2:53 PM
So does anyone know if those law tactical folding contraptions are legal on AR pistol's?
http://images-kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/LAW_Tactical_ARfolder6.jpg

Bolillo
10-16-2013, 3:47 PM
So does anyone know if those law tactical folding contraptions are legal on AR pistol's?

A folding stock adapter? Are you kidding?

A pistol with a stock is no longer a pistol. It becomes an SBR, and without the permits, you become a felon.

riddler408
10-16-2013, 3:53 PM

A pistol with a stock is no longer a pistol. It becomes an SBR, and without the right permits, you become a felon.

????? he is talking about a .223/5.56 AR pistol.... buffer tube..... never mind.:facepalm:

I would like to know the answer as well. I am no lawyer but I would guess it is legal due to not being able to fire when it is folded. (I guess you could get one round off though)

Mobius38
10-16-2013, 4:02 PM

A pistol with a stock is no longer a pistol. It becomes an SBR, and without the permits, you become a felon.

Ok I am confused. The AR pistol does not have a stock just the buffer tube, thus the AR pistol part. So it would not be a folding stock adapter it would just be folding the buffer tube.

Follow?