PDA

View Full Version : CO Gov to Bloomberg..better to stay away..

SWalt
10-14-2013, 8:39 PM
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper suggests national gun-control groups stay away from a looming recall battle that could switch control of the state Senate to the GOP. The groups poured money into an unsuccessful defense of two state lawmakers recalled over their gun votes earlier this year.

“Colorado is a state that people like to be themselves and solve their own problems,” the Democratic governor said in an interview with Capital Download, USA TODAY’s weekly video newsmaker series. “They don’t really like outside organizations meddling in their affairs, and maybe the NRA gets a pass on that.

The talk about guns starts about 2:30 in the video.....

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/14/co-governor-to-gun-control-groups-dont-come-around-here-no-more/

What happened to CA that recall over gun issues isn't possible? Nevermind, I can answer that myself.

wolfwood
10-14-2013, 8:51 PM
This is a man that knows his state. My Dad and two of my cousins live in CO. My Dad lives in Summit County and my cousins live in Denver. Its sort of a weird mix of outdoorsy hipsters. Once you get out to Greely and Fort Collins its a bit more Midwest though.

voiceofreason
10-14-2013, 11:53 PM
We need for the Rs to take control of the Senate in 2014.

We need to win the presidency in 2016, or a liberal anti-2A justice WILL be appointed to SCOTUS, and the legal means of keeping and bearing arms will be null and void.

With the Republicans in office we can hold off the inevitable slide away from freedom for 20-30 more years.

Ultimately, BOTH parties are corrupt and elitist with the people as their lowest priority. For now, the Rs are the lesser.

Sadly, it's clear that it's a sham that BOTH parties are against our best interests, but we are presented with the illusion of choice by people like Bloomberg.

SunsetIE
10-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Wasnt Hickenlooper pushing gun control pretty hard earlier this year?

This is a man that knows his state. My Dad and two of my cousins live in CO. My Dad lives in Summit County and my cousins live in Denver. Its sort of a weird mix of outdoorsy hipsters. Once you get out to Greely and Fort Collins its a bit more Midwest though.

Ive got a couple cousins in Windsor and Fort Collins, nice cities other than the hipsters :facepalm:

SWalt
10-15-2013, 12:59 AM

Ive got a couple cousins in Windsor and Fort Collins, nice cities other than the hipsters :facepalm:

That is what the recalls have been about. There were laws passed. They recalled 2 legislators over it and apparently trying for a 3rd. CO gun owners sent a clear and loud message that there is a price to be paid for limiting their freedoms. I haven't kept up on changes in CO so much but found it heartening even the Dem gov figured out that Bloomberg and his ilk hurt their cause.

hatidua
10-15-2013, 9:01 AM

Yes, he was.

Spyguy
10-15-2013, 3:08 PM
Is there a reason they can't recall Hickenlooper? That would send a VERY POWERFUL message across the country.