PDA

View Full Version : Have R700 in SA. Do I need to get an R700 LA before 2014?

vintagedude88
10-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Just wondering if I should pick up a long action R700 in 30-06 before 2014.

ar15barrels
10-13-2013, 10:17 PM
You will still be able to buy them in 2014 and after that...

SmallShark
10-13-2013, 10:30 PM
you dont have to worry about bolt action guns right now.

they will grab the semi auto "street sweeper" first, then they will go for the "sniper weapon"

jetman624
10-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I am under the impression that if you get it after 2013, it will be registered like a handgun and the government will have on file the exact make and model.

I don't like that. As long as these nimrods are going to continue to blame the tool and avoid addressing the real problems, I would like them to have on file as little as possible.

Right, wrong, or in different, that is just how I feel. If you have the means, I say buy it.

ar15barrels
10-14-2013, 10:18 AM
I am under the impression that if you get it after 2013, it will be registered like a handgun and the government will have on file the exact make and model.

I don't like that.

Do you own any registered handguns?
If so, you are already on the "list" of people to go take the guns from.
Adding more guns to your file really won't matter...

1859sharps
10-14-2013, 10:19 AM

Yes, in 2014 new purchased long guns will be registered just like a handgun is now.

I know it sucks, BUT......

If you have bought at retail a handgun after what was it 1992 or so, then you are already on "their" list.

If you buy ammunition on a credit card...they can figure out what guns you have.

we are NOT anonymous anymore, so might as well show our numbers and be counted and show it's not a small easy to "knock" over fringe group that likes their guns. But a LARGE number every day, normal, sane, rational, people who get up, go to work, pay their taxes, do not commit crimes, etc and we just happen to enjoy exercising our 2nd amendment rights.

My 2 cents...fill that registry up with guns. make the registry HUGE. I hate the idea of a gun registry. I hate the idea they "know" about what guns I have. BUT I do NOT plan on letting this change in the law stop me from enjoying my guns, buying new one's or even selling something I no longer use.

AlliedArmory
10-14-2013, 12:37 PM

:iagree:

bloodhawke83
10-14-2013, 1:04 PM

to add, you ever done a DROS? CA DOJ will keep the records forever, they may not know how many you own but they know how many got transferred to you. ;)

jetman624
10-14-2013, 3:23 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but if you can, I don't see why you wouldn't. No one is telling him to take a second mortgage on his house to buy every long gun he might ever possibly want. But if you can keep one or two off the list, why wouldn't you?

1859sharps
10-15-2013, 1:41 PM
I understand what you guys are saying, but if you can, I don't see why you wouldn't. No one is telling him to take a second mortgage on his house to buy every long gun he might ever possibly want. But if you can keep one or two off the list, why wouldn't you?

what we are saying is...you aren't really off list.

That you have a rifle that wasn't as part of the dros process registered to you like a handgun, doesn't matter.

If you own a handgun that was registered as part of the dros process, IF a search of your credit card purchases shows buying of ammo for a wide variety of calibers..GOTCHA.."we" now know you have guns.

The idea that "they" don't know you have a gun if it isn't "registered" is a fantasy. it is sticking your head in the ground and pretending we still live in the 19th century.

there are dozens of ways to compile with high certainty who has or doesn't not have a gun. central registry at time of purchase is NOT needed to build a confiscation list. makes it easier, but building a "list" isn't all that hard without a central registry.

jetman624
10-15-2013, 3:58 PM
Does he "need" to get it now? No

Does it matter if he gets it now or in 2014? Probably not

Does that make it a bad idea to get it earlier if it is a gun he intends to buy at some point anyways? No

Right now in October of 2013, the rest is endlessly debatable speculation.