PDA

View Full Version : Thanking Gov. Brown.

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Regardless of our affiliations with one party or the other, I think we should all take the time to at least thank the Gov for putting all of this madness to an end (for at least this year). Thank him not as a gun owner but as a fellow SANE human being(even though he might be too sane). We must put a stop to all kinds of over reaching laws.

We all called and sent emails and faxes, and some others went above and beyond and I commend all of you. At least we can call, fax or email Gov Brown and let him know, that this time, he brought a little bit of SENSE to Sacramento.

He might not make to greatest decisions all of the time but he did what was right this time. Whether he vetoed certain bills because he knew they would WIN in court, thus crushing most of CA's over the top laws, or whether he truly believes that certain gun laws were over reaching. We should let him know that we still have a voice.

the86d
10-11-2013, 1:08 PM
They are just going to push more next year, now that they know what we posted after the final draft was sent to his office...

It will be a never-ending battle, as we have no firearm clause in our state's Constitution, right?

P5Ret
10-11-2013, 1:12 PM
Don't forget he did apparently sign the mag ban. The one that requires everyone with legally owned mags to get rid of them by 7/1/14 with no compensation. I think all of mine are going to live in Oregon for the time being.

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 1:24 PM
Don't forget he did apparently sign the mag ban. The one that requires everyone with legally owned mags to get rid of them by 7/1/14 with no compensation. I think all of mine are going to live in Oregon for the time being.

You dont have to get rid of mags, just no more parts kits.

AB 48 was also contingent on SB 396 passing, which it didnt, but would have required you to get rid of your mags.

I could be wrong, but all AB 48 bans is mag "kits"

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 1:27 PM
They are just going to push more next year, now that they know what we posted after the final draft was sent to his office...

It will be a never-ending battle, as we have no firearm clause in our state's Constitution, right?

I am thinking the same thing. The idiots will never learn, its like the Indians say about the dead horse...When your riding a horse and its not going anywhere and you look down and see it dead, get off. Instead, the idiots in Sac-town will just keep whipping the dead horse, instead of trying to find a different horse or way around the problem.

At least we can stroke Browns ego by telling him he did the right thing, so that future bills like this will also get vetoed.

usmcchet9296
10-11-2013, 1:36 PM
Im not giving up my mags because they will become illegal
had them since before 2000. They are now undocumented

vtabiker
10-11-2013, 1:50 PM
REMOVED

Why would his pmags hitting gunbroker? Nothing changed about possessing them.

diveRN
10-11-2013, 1:55 PM
We should thank Governor Brown? Seriously? This is incrementalism at its finest and tears a page right out of the liberal play book.

(Posted from the currently free state of Texas)

Bob Hostetter
10-11-2013, 2:00 PM
AB48 which the gov signed ban's the possession of any magazine holding over 10 rounds regardless of when or how you came into possession of them.

Jester3
10-11-2013, 2:05 PM
Regardless of our affiliations with one party or the other, I think we should all take the time to at least thank the Gov for putting all of this madness to an end (for at least this year). Thank him not as a gun owner but as a fellow SANE human being(even though he might be too sane). We must put a stop to all kinds of over reaching laws.

We all called and sent emails and faxes, and some others went above and beyond and I commend all of you. At least we can call, fax or email Gov Brown and let him know, that this time, he brought a little bit of SENSE to Sacramento.

He might not make to greatest decisions all of the time but he did what was right this time. Whether he vetoed certain bills because he knew they would WIN in court, thus crushing most of CA's over the top laws, or whether he truly believes that certain gun laws were over reaching. We should let him know that we still have a voice.

Exactly, thank the man for showing a bit of sanity, and the future will challenge us all again. Gonna send him an e-mail right now.

vtabiker
10-11-2013, 2:12 PM
AB48 which the gov signed ban's the possession of any magazine holding over 10 rounds regardless of when or how you came into possession of them.

NO it doesn't. Educate yourself on what was passed and signed.

guns4funca
10-11-2013, 2:14 PM
Recall! Keep up the fight guys!!

LateBraking
10-11-2013, 2:42 PM
Deleted, jrwhitt explained it to me. :D

jrwhitt
10-11-2013, 2:48 PM
Section 1.5 is only if the other Bill passed (which it didn't). So read Sections 1,2,3,& 4 and ignore 1.5

LateBraking
10-11-2013, 2:51 PM
Section 1.5 is only if the other Bill passed (which it didn't). So read Sections 1,2,3,& 4 and ignore 1.5

Ohhh ok, I missed that part. Thanks!

dustoff31
10-11-2013, 3:07 PM
We should thank Governor Brown? Seriously? This is incrementalism at its finest and tears a page right out of the liberal play book.

Agreed. That's like thanking someone who just punched you in the face for not kicking you in the ba**s.

You don't thank someone for doing the right thing. It's expected. Especially for those in positions of responsibility.

Apocalypsenerd
10-11-2013, 3:15 PM
Alright folks, seriously, he vetoed at least 1/3 of the laws, and the most damning at that, and you still have a problem with him?

Think about it. He is a Democrat gov in a Democrat state. I would go so far as to say that our state is well beyond the Democrat left on the political spectrum and into something else entirely. Brown vetoed the most draconian of laws and you are still complaining?

The idea that if someone doesn't agree with you 100% then they are 100% on the other side is stupid. You should be impressed that he didn't bow 100% to the leftist-Marxists in this state. He came down more on our side this round than theirs as far as I can tell.

dustoff31
10-11-2013, 3:35 PM
Alright folks, seriously, he vetoed at least 1/3 of the laws, and the most damning at that, and you still have a problem with him?

Think about it. He is a Democrat gov in a Democrat state. I would go so far as to say that our state is well beyond the Democrat left on the political spectrum and into something else entirely. Brown vetoed the most draconian of laws and you are still complaining?

The idea that if someone doesn't agree with you 100% then they are 100% on the other side is stupid. You should be impressed that he didn't bow 100% to the leftist-Marxists in this state. He came down more on our side this round than theirs as far as I can tell.

Did he? By my count he signed 11 anti or gun related bills and vetoed 5.

inbox485
10-11-2013, 3:36 PM

Don't get me wrong, getting punched in the face instead of kicked in the balls is an improvement, but he is still an ******* even if he is slightly less of one than others in his party or political spectrum. I'd vote for him over Meg again but only because she was worse. The message should be along the lines of **** you, but leave off the with a jagged rock part since that would be the "worst of it".

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 3:38 PM

Thank him if only to bolster his ego and from now on he'll veto more gun laws. If you dont, bad things will happen to you.

Oh and liberal is too vague a term. I think your thinking of a progressive.

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 3:41 PM
Agreed. That's like thanking someone who just punched you in the face for not kicking you in the ba**s.

You don't thank someone for doing the right thing. It's expected. Especially for those in positions of responsibility.

Yeah you and I know its the right thing to do but we live in CALIFORNIA remember? This is the state where black is white and 2 +2 = POTATO.

So we can all call and voice our hatred for proposed laws but when he vetoes them, its wrong to thank him?

Of course it was the right thing to do but not in this state with the idiots in Sacramento. He slapped all the big Dems in the face with this veto.

THANK HIM FOR SHOWING SANITY AMONG THE CRAZIES.

Apocalypsenerd
10-11-2013, 4:05 PM

Yes he did. The worst of the lot was 374 and that went down in flames. The next worst was 48, and although he signed it, the worst part doesn't take effect because he vetoed 396.

Like I said in my original post, he vetoed 1/3 and they included the most draconian.

Gutpile66
10-11-2013, 5:15 PM

No doubt brother

elSquid
10-11-2013, 5:29 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=12515089#post12515089

From the above post it looks like 7 signed, and 7 vetoed.

AB-48 (Skinner)SIGNED: Bans magazine rebuild kits (including individual parts).

AB-169 (Dickinson)VETO: Bans transfer of handguns not on the "not unsafe handgun" roster. Veto message

AB-170 (Bradford)SIGNED: Redefines "person" for Assault Weapons permits.

AB-180 (Bonta)VETO: Additional firearms restrictions in Oakland. Veto message

AB-231 (Ting)SIGNED: Criminal liability when child accesses firearm in your home without permission, or a prohibited person accesses firearm in your home.

AB-500 (Ammianno)SIGNED: Extends time period for background checks, secure storage requirements when living with prohibited person.

AB-711 (Rendon)SIGNED : Lead ammo ban. Signing Statement

SB-299 (DeSaulnier)VETO: Mandatory loss reporting of firearms within 7 days. Veto message

SB-363 (Wright)SIGNED: Criminalizes storage of a handgun where the owner should have known a prohibited person would access it. Exempts Federal Law Enforcement Officers from the "not unsafe handgun" roster restrictions.

SB-374 (Steinberg)VETO: Bans all semiautomatic rifles that does not have a fixed magazine, forced registration of rifles already owned. Veto message

SB-475 (Leno)VETO: Eliminates gun shows at Cow Palace. Veto message

SB-567 (Jackson)VETO: Expands definition of shotgun to include rifled barrels and those not designed to be fired from the shoulder. Veto message

SB-683 (Block)SIGNED: Requires firearms safety certificate for purchasing any firearm.

SB-755 (Wolk) VETO: Expands definition of prohibited persons. Veto message

The veto messages make for interesting reading - live links are in the post referenced above.

-- Michael

diveRN
10-11-2013, 5:32 PM

Exactly.

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 5:33 PM
And thank all of yourselves too!! If you called or faxed or wrote or passed out fliers, etc...Thanks to you!!

blazeaglory
10-11-2013, 5:36 PM
Exactly.

The right thing for a left Democrat to do would have been to pass all of the gun bills but he didnt.

Im not saying to get on your knees and suck the mans **** or anything. All Im saying is to thank him for actually doing something RIGHT AND SANE in all of this progressive liberal mess.

arsilva32
10-11-2013, 5:50 PM
ban on lead was signed. thats a big problem,almost as bad as 374. the part kit ban is huge, get ready for a 75$ 30 rnd repair kit up to the in effect date.

lead unsafe for the environment......BS, law enforcement will still be using it for practice and duty.i guess i better get at least a couple last lead hunting trips in.

why is it no one thinks they will pass these bills anyway? they do have the votes to over ride his veto.

spetsnaz
10-11-2013, 5:52 PM
I have mags that i have owned before 1997. Some dont work mag follower broken, lose etc... i have to get rid of them now?

coyotebait
10-11-2013, 5:52 PM
ban on lead was signed. thats a big problem,almost as bad as 374. the part kit ban is huge, get ready for a 75$ 30 rnd repair kit up to the in effect date.

lead unsafe for the environment......BS, law enforcement will still be using it for practice and duty.

The lead ban is not for target practice.....it's for hunting.

arsilva32
10-11-2013, 6:00 PM

lead unsafe for the environment......BS, law enforcement will still be using it for practice and duty.i guess i better get at least a couple last lead hunting trips in.

why is it no one thinks they will pass these bills anyway? they do have the votes to over ride his veto.

yes thank you i realize that but its major one for me

Darto
10-11-2013, 6:42 PM
An earlier version of the 711 banned lead for target practice or hunting (at least that's what I remember). It is great the bill was changed to hunting only. Still this was by far the most important law for me. I'm stuck with boxes of 30-30 I used for deer hunting. Now I have to sell on Gunbroker, probably won't get my money back. I don't do AR's, boring to me.

johnny1290
10-11-2013, 6:52 PM

Incrementalism. Today hunting, tomorrow target practice.

The "progress" towards a utopian society-for the elite-never ends.

Synergy
10-11-2013, 6:56 PM
An earlier version of the 711 banned lead for target practice or hunting (at least that's what I remember). It is great the bill was changed to hunting only. Still this was by far the most important law for me. I'm stuck with boxes of 30-30 I used for deer hunting. Now I have to sell on Gunbroker, probably won't get my money back. I don't do AR's, boring to me.

I agree and lets not forget the price of lead free. I just picked up some Rem Core Lokt .270 Win, 130g at WalMart, $24.99, same grain Rem lead free was $48.99! :eek:

infamous1979
10-11-2013, 6:58 PM
Gov Brown did better then expected....for that im ok with that.

FailedAngrMgmt
10-11-2013, 7:05 PM
these new laws take effect 1/1/14?

diveRN
10-11-2013, 7:27 PM
The right thing for a left Democrat to do would have been to pass all of the gun bills but he didnt.

Im not saying to get on your knees and suck the mans **** or anything. All Im saying is to thank him for actually doing something RIGHT AND SANE in all of this progressive liberal mess.

You want to "thank" these leftists for not being 'too' leftist. Not gonna happen for many of us. Your line of thinking is what's wrong with the Republican Party these days and clearly spells out why they've had their arses handed to them in many recent elections.

dustoff31
10-11-2013, 7:27 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=12515089#post12515089

From the above post it looks like 7 signed, and 7 vetoed.

-- Michael

According to Brown's legislative update page, we are both off a bit. 10 signed, 7 Vetoed.

http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=18265

10-11-2013

SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills.

AB 48 by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Firearms: large-capacity magazines.

AB 170 by Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles.

AB 231 by Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco) – Firearms: criminal storage.

AB 500 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – Firearms.

AB 538 by Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Firearms.

AB 539 by Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Firearm possession: prohibitions: transfer to licensed dealer.

AB 1131 by Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) – Firearms.

SB 127 by Senator Ted Gaines (R-Rocklin) – Firearms: mentally disordered persons.

SB 363 by Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-Los Angeles) – Firearms: criminal storage: unsafe handguns: fees.

SB 683 by Senator Marty Block (D-San Diego) – Firearms: firearm safety certificate.

Governor Brown also announced that he has vetoed the following bills.

AB 169 by Assemblymember Roger Dickinson (D-Sacramento) – Unsafe handguns. A veto message can be found here.

AB 180 by Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda) – Registration and licensing of firearms: City of Oakland. A veto message can be found here.

SB 299 by Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord) – Firearms: lost or stolen: reports. A veto message can be found here.

SB 374 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Firearms: assault weapons. A veto message can be found here.

SB 475 by Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) – Agricultural District 1-A: firearm sales at the Cow Palace. A veto message can be found here.

SB 567 by Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara) – Firearms: shotguns. A veto message can be found here.

SB 755 by Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis) – Firearms: prohibited persons. A veto message can be found here.

03fatboy
10-11-2013, 7:45 PM
Nope. Still an assault that isn't constitutional. Way to treat Americans or I mean Californians.

elSquid
10-11-2013, 8:00 PM
According to Brown's legislative update page, we are both off a bit. 10 signed, 7 Vetoed.

http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=18265

AB711 - the lead ammo ban - isn't in that list. 11s, 7v?

-- Michael

skosh69
10-11-2013, 8:07 PM

Yep, I agree.

Reelemup
10-11-2013, 8:13 PM

I can live with that. One loss every year but we can keep on shooting...so who has an Armalite compatible upper for sale ? Ar-10

kdruff2
10-11-2013, 8:21 PM

I'd give him a nod. Think about it, what if he didn't veto those bills?

FalseProfit
10-11-2013, 8:25 PM
I'm sorry... thank him for what?

Why is the measure how few laws he signs, instead of how many he repeals?

Rogue
10-11-2013, 8:42 PM
Guys,
Is there going to be some kind of action to Recall any of the Senators and or Assembly Members that were pushing for these antigun laws like what was done in Colorado?

Rogue
10-11-2013, 8:47 PM
This is the list I had created for myself of those that were pushing for taking away our gun rights as a reminder during elections.

Traitors to the US Constitution particularly Our 2nd Amendment:
Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena)
Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco)
Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley)
Assemblymember Roger Dickinson (D-Sacramento)
Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda)
Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco)
Assemblymember Anthony Rendon (D-Lakewood)
Assemblymember Richard Bloom, (D-Los Angeles)
Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento)

Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord)
Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento)
Senator Leland Yee, (D-Sacramento)
Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco)
Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara)
Senator Marty Block (D-San Diego)
Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis)
Senator Kevin de Leσn (D-Los Angeles)
Senator Ted Gaines (R-Rocklin)
Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-Los Angeles)

Barriss
10-11-2013, 9:05 PM
Don't thank him.

This is the difference between conservatives and libs. Libs play hardball and show no mercy.

Conservatives do stupid bull**** like "thanking" the other side and say b.s. when there is a disagreement like "both sides do it." Libs NEVER say that.

Libs play for keeps. That is one thing we could actually learn from them.

Don't suck up and thank him like you're some beta vagina. He acted normal for once. That's all well and good but you don't need to kiss up to him for it.

riceman
10-11-2013, 9:06 PM
Sorry guys I agree with the OP. I think we should thank him for doing the right thing, most of it anyway, even if wasn't for the right reasons, liberal playbook or not. So what are we going to do crawl back under a rock until the next time something like this happens.
Let's say I am the Gov.(of course I would have vetoed all the bills) I received a lot of letters, emails, faxes, and calls opposing the gun bills. I go ahead and veto some and sign some for whatever reason. Now that is done & I hear nothing from us. Well guess what I am thinking,those ungrateful SOBS, I guess they are s**t out of luck the next time this comes up. As they say don't bite the hand that feeds you, even if it is not the pie ala mode ( hell how do spell pie and ice cream.) you wanted.

Tripeaks69
10-11-2013, 9:07 PM
Salamat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

badhabit90
10-11-2013, 9:29 PM
Why would his pmags hitting gunbroker? Nothing changed about possessing them.

???
link is here... (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB48)
(b) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing July 1, 2014, any person in this state who possesses any large-capacity magazine, regardless of the date the magazine was acquired, is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), or is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.
(c) Any person who, prior to July 1, 2014, legally possesses a large-capacity magazine shall dispose of that magazine by any of the following means:
(1) Remove the large-capacity magazine from the state.
(2) Prior to July 1, 2014, sell the large-capacity magazine to a licensed firearms dealer.
(3) Destroy the large-capacity magazine.
(4) Surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.
(d) For purposes of this section, “manufacturing” includes both fabricating a magazine and assembling a magazine from a combination of parts, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, to be a fully functioning large-capacity magazine.

i guess this was overlooked???

valleyrat
10-11-2013, 9:34 PM
Yes. Please do continue to lick the hand that feeds you. Good grief.

curtisfong
10-11-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry... thank him for what?

Why is the measure how few laws he signs, instead of how many he repeals?

Care to cite the part of the CA constitution that empowers the governor to repeal laws?

MontClaire
10-11-2013, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't rest until all these bills are taken down, void and nulled! He still signed some.

monk
10-11-2013, 10:54 PM
http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/thank_you_sir_may_i_have_another_.jpg

GM4spd
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Too many junior members on here were finding hi cap mags, wink, wink. They had to try to do something about those ignoring the law and then posting to brag about it. Let that be a lesson to STFU if you are going to make bad decisions.

This is the problem,Pete

OCshot
10-11-2013, 11:28 PM
???
link is here... (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB48)
(b) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing July 1, 2014, any person in this state who possesses any large-capacity magazine, regardless of the date the magazine was acquired, is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), or is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100), by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.
(c) Any person who, prior to July 1, 2014, legally possesses a large-capacity magazine shall dispose of that magazine by any of the following means:
(1) Remove the large-capacity magazine from the state.
(2) Prior to July 1, 2014, sell the large-capacity magazine to a licensed firearms dealer.
(3) Destroy the large-capacity magazine.
(4) Surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.
(d) For purposes of this section, “manufacturing” includes both fabricating a magazine and assembling a magazine from a combination of parts, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, to be a fully functioning large-capacity magazine.

i guess this was overlooked???

badhabit90, what you read is Section 1.5 of AB 48 that lists the additional changes to Section 32310 of the code proposed by SB 396 that would have become operative if AB 48 and SB 396 were both enacted and AB 48 was enacted last. This is explained in Section 3 of the bill (towards the very bottom) and on item (2) of the Legislative Counsel's Digest section of the bill - confusing, isn't it? SB 396 was put in the inactive file (did not make it to the Governor) on 9/12. The changes to the code that AB 48 does are under Section 1 (skipping 1.5), and Section 2 of the bill - it is all about the conversion kits. Possessing a "large capacity magazine" is still legal, just don't transfer them (i.e. buy, sell, lend) or manufacture them (i.e. "kits").

monk
10-11-2013, 11:39 PM
This is one of the problems, Pete, of which there are many.

FIFY

OCshot
10-11-2013, 11:45 PM
I think the score for today should actually be 6 anti-gun bills signed, 7 vetoed, if we take into account what was actually signed into law. Let me explain:

AB 231 only amended the code to penalize keeping a loaded firearm where a child is likely to gain access and that child causes harms, unless the owner took reasonable action to secure the firearm against access by the child. I think every responsible gun owner does this anyway, so I don't count it against.

AB 539 actually allows a person who has been temporarily prohibited from possessing a firearm to transfer the firearm(s) to a licensed dealer for the duration of the prohibition period if a date is specified in the court order. I think this actually protects gun owners in legal litigations to allow them to temporarily transfer the firearms instead of altogether relinquishing them. I again, don't count this one against.

AB 711 is actually regarding ammunition used while hunting. I don't count it as anti-gun, but as anti-hunting which is a different area to address (there are some other anti-hunting laws that have been signed, most recently AB 1213.)

AB 1131 actually addresses dealing with persons with mental conditions and who are prohibited from possessing firearms. I don't think anyone would oppose this, so I don't count it against.

SB 127 also deals with required reporting when dealing with mentally disordered persons, changing the requirement from "immediate notification" to "within 24 hrs". Not sure why they actually relaxed the notification requirement - may be to agree with AB 1131. Again, I don't think anyone would oppose this, so I don't count it against.

Verdict, we still lost ground! In fact, with just 1 anti-gun bill signed we would have still lost. My point being that we do not win with bills being vetoed (that just means they did not make it into law), but we lose with every single anti-gun bill that gets enacted. We only win by repealing senseless laws or by enacting favorable ones. I don't know when we will see the day when we start repealing anti-gun laws in California. What a shame for such a beautiful state!

Whether to thank the Governor? …only as common courtesy. To show that we are indeed different.

GM4spd
10-11-2013, 11:46 PM
FIFY

Yes,thank you. I was trying to be polite:D

farnorcal
10-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Thank someone for not walking on my constitution? Thank someone for my god given inalienable rights? No thanks

subscriber
10-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanking Gov Brown for doing the right thing does not contradict the sensible philosophy of "speak softly, but carry a big stick". It does not imply cutting him slack for doing the wrong thing.

Saying thanks for vetoing SB-374 simply shows that while we are armed, we are also polite - contradicting the image the Left tries to paint of us; as dangerous unreasoning neanderthals.

Gem1950
10-12-2013, 1:18 PM

Good idea. Who know what his thinking really is?

joepamjohn
10-12-2013, 2:07 PM

Not that I like it either, but Waterfowl is already all non-toxic shot and we all adapted like it or not. At least we have until mid 2019 to shoot up all up our stored away lead ammo.

My concern is .22lr. If you are shooting it in the woods wouldn't the same concerns for lead in the environment apply, even if you are not shooting at animals? What's next steel/copper .22 ammo only?

blazeaglory
10-12-2013, 5:12 PM
http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/thank_you_sir_may_i_have_another_.jpg

Lol!

blazeaglory
10-12-2013, 5:14 PM
Thanking Gov Brown for doing the right thing does not contradict the sensible philosophy of "speak softly, but carry a big stick". It does not imply cutting him slack for doing the wrong thing.

Saying thanks for vetoing SB-374 simply shows that while we are armed, we are also polite - contradicting the image the Left tries to paint of us; as dangerous unreasoning neanderthals.

Exactly!

But Im afraid who will take his place:(

EXTREMEOPS1
10-12-2013, 5:20 PM
Just make sure he and the rest of the idiots in washington are removed from office asap any idiot would be better than "moonbeam"

seo
10-12-2013, 7:02 PM
Recall! Keep up the fight guys!!

Yes, let's get a Republican like Arnold or Meg Whitman back! Oh wait, both would have signed the AW ban.

Gutpile66
10-12-2013, 7:14 PM
Don't thank him.

This is the difference between conservatives and libs. Libs play hardball and show no mercy.

Conservatives do stupid bull**** like "thanking" the other side and say b.s. when there is a disagreement like "both sides do it." Libs NEVER say that.

Libs play for keeps. That is one thing we could actually learn from them.

Don't suck up and thank him like you're some beta vagina. He acted normal for once. That's all well and good but you don't need to kiss up to him for it.

+1. Moonbeam and ALL who wish to subvert our God-given rights as Americans should be tried for treason. Thank him? This is pathetic. Police state here we come!

general_disarray_prk
10-12-2013, 7:15 PM
Exactly!

But Im afraid who will take his place:(

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/san4.jpg

Ranger bj
10-12-2013, 8:00 PM
Don't forget the Democrats have a Super Majority and they can override ANY veto of Gov. Brown.

It ain't over yet.

WyattandDoc
10-14-2013, 5:57 AM
That would be like thanking someone for using Vasoline after sodomizing you. I don't think I'll be thanking any Lefty Libs for sheet. Give me ALL my rights back afforded to me by the 2nd Amendment!!

violentmouse
10-14-2013, 11:36 AM
I think the score for today should actually be 6 anti-gun bills signed, 7 vetoed, if we take into account what was actually signed into law. Let me explain:

AB 231 only amended the code to penalize keeping a loaded firearm where a child is likely to gain access and that child causes harms, unless the owner took reasonable action to secure the firearm against access by the child. I think every responsible gun owner does this anyway, so I don't count it against.

you know I was just reading this law and at the very end it had a clause to report stolen firearms within 7 days. anyone care to comment on that?

maybe he vetoed the 7 day bill because they had slipped it in elsewhere. I suddenly find myself drawn to scrutinize all the bills now because it appears we might have been had.

stockranger
10-14-2013, 11:55 AM
You have to be kidding me. He sold out every hunter and sportsmen in america. He turned some of my guns into paperweights and took my ammo bill from 25 bucks to 100 bucks a trip. That money won't be going into local econmies anymore. My shotgun is now going to be wounding jack rabbits unless I buy a 12 ga. Steel and copper ammo is far more likely to start forest fires. The zombie apocolypse guys and hunters need to stick together. Only reason they are not trying to take bolt action rifles is hunters.

Rogue
10-16-2013, 8:29 PM
Can anyone explain what AB 500 does?

fizux
10-16-2013, 9:12 PM
Can anyone explain what AB 500 does?
Give CA DOJ BOF legislative cover for the existing pattern and practice of ordering (currently unlawful / likely unconstitutional) DROS delays.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=656150

Sgt Raven
10-18-2013, 3:31 PM
any idiot would be better than "moonbeam"

Sure they would, like our current Lt Gov or AG...........

Better turn in your Guns as what ever you're smoking is likely illegal............ :TFH:

EXTREMEOPS1
10-20-2013, 7:29 AM
Sure they would, like our current Lt Gov or AG...........

Better turn in your Guns as what ever you're smoking is likely illegal............ :TFH:

You all voted these idiots in so stop complaining .....

stockranger
10-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Why the heck do people say that? I did not vote for him. I highly doubt the people in this topic voted for him either. I was born in CA. It was not my choice to live here. I tried to move to oregon. A few weeks after I got there was oct 2008. I'm in construction and the recession meant there was no jobs. I'm sure that many other gun owners are tied to this state for some reason that is not their fault like family or work. The people who voted in brown are prius driving tree hugger in frisco.

blazeaglory
10-20-2013, 8:58 PM
GO JEFFERSON!!!

epilepticninja
10-20-2013, 9:12 PM

Exactly. Thank him for what? For slowly stealing our rights as citizens of what used to be a free nation? He didn't do a damn thing for our 2A rights other than set us up for future removal of those rights.

teetsjones
10-20-2013, 9:22 PM
This is the list I had created for myself of those that were pushing for taking away our gun rights as a reminder during elections.

Traitors to the US Constitution particularly Our 2nd Amendment:
Assemblymember Steven Bradford (D-Gardena)
Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco)
Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley)
Assemblymember Roger Dickinson (D-Sacramento)
Assemblymember Rob Bonta (D-Alameda)
Assemblymember Philip Y. Ting (D-San Francisco)
Assemblymember Anthony Rendon (D-Lakewood)
Assemblymember Richard Bloom, (D-Los Angeles)
Assemblymember Richard Pan (D-Sacramento)

Senator Mark DeSaulnier (D-Concord)
Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento)
Senator Leland Yee, (D-Sacramento)
Senator Mark Leno (D-San Francisco)
Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara)
Senator Marty Block (D-San Diego)
Senator Lois Wolk (D-Davis)
Senator Kevin de Leσn (D-Los Angeles)
Senator Ted Gaines (R-Rocklin)
Senator Roderick D. Wright (D-Los Angeles)

Why is Gaines on your list? I think he voted Nay on the gun bills.

inbox485
10-21-2013, 9:21 AM

Who the hell is "you all"? I voted in the primaries, and I didn't vote for Brown and sure as hell didn't vote for Whitman. When the primaries came down to Moonbeam and a Van Jones groupie, who effing cared who won at that point? Who did you vote for in the primaries?

rugershooter
10-26-2013, 6:29 PM
OP, if you ever talk to a woman who was raped, you should tell her to thank her rapist for only raping her instead of raping and killing her.
The idea that we should thank him is absolutely ludicrous. He didn't do anything sane or good by signing those laws. What he did was violate the oath he swore upon taking the job as Governor. He violated the US Constitution; and not only is it unforgivable, but it sure as hell isn't something we should thank him for. He didn't do "the right thing". He did the wrong thing. He's a lying sack of s**t who doesn't give a damn about the Constitution. He doesn't deserved to be thanked for vetoing those bills. It's his f**king job. Thank him for showing "sanity"? Seriously? Maybe if you think it's perfectly sane and acceptable to be a damn traitor. The "right thing" for a left Democrat to do would've been to veto all the bills. Party affiliation doesn't matter and it shouldn't change the actions of the elected official in regards to signing unconstitutional bills into law. The Governor should be expected to veto unconstitutional bills, regardless of party affiliation.

coq
10-27-2013, 5:40 PM
Why is Gaines on your list? I think he voted Nay on the gun bills.

Correct, Gaines is pro-2A.