PDA

View Full Version : Milpitas Lowers/Matt Corwin Celebration - Bay Area - January-24-2008

hoffmang
01-22-2008, 9:27 PM
Make sure you don't miss the Calguns celebration party Thursday January 24th at 7PM! This is going to be a part of California gun history.

With special guests:
Matt Corwin/BWO
Kestryll
Chuck Michel (TMLLP)
Jason Davis (TMLLP)
Don Kilmer

Where: Izzy's Steaks and Chops (http://izzyssteaksandchops.liveonatt.com/)
San Carlos
525 Skyway Road (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=525+Skyway+Road+San+Carlos,+CA+94070&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=48.106236,71.806641&ie=UTF8&ll=37.515513,-122.2541&spn=0.023692,0.035062&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=0)
San Carlos, CA 94070

Prix Fixe Menu - Cost $45 plus tip/tax/vino/drinks:
http://cdglobal.net/gun/izzys-menu2.jpg

We'll draw the winners of a raffle for one of 3 remaining Milpitas lowers. Proceeds go equally to the Milpitas legal costs and Matt Corwin's defense fund. Buy raffle tickets (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=83425) before you get there here. You can also buy tickets at dinner.

Carpool (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=82843) from the South Bay.

Dress: Business Casual. Let's look good in the photos and it's a nice restaurant.

SOs are welcome but mine isn't joining.

RSVP: Please make sure you've voted "yes" on one of the poll threads.

Also: Don't miss the special surprises at the event!

-Gene

oaklander
01-22-2008, 9:30 PM
Can't wait. Need to add "Crow" to the menu, in case any DOJ/BOF snoops show up.

:D

trashman
01-22-2008, 9:34 PM
Holy smokes...are we going to have 65 (30+ from two polls) people there? That's fantastic...

--Neill

hoffmang
01-22-2008, 9:35 PM
The polls are a bit duplicative. It's going to be more like 40 before life intervenes and makes some become no shows.

-Gene

bwiese
01-22-2008, 9:49 PM
I repeat, the 'special surprise' is *not* Bill in a unitard.

artherd
01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I repeat, the 'special surprise' is *not* Bill in a unitard.

You just cost us Alison's presence! ;)

Gene: I confirmed the price: $45 plus tip/tax/vino.

I talked with Rob today, he is going to be unable to make it due to family issues.
Josh AKA "Scatch Maroo" of the group buy fame will be there.

Gene and I have several little and not so little surprises in store, this will truly be one for the ages!

blacklisted
01-23-2008, 9:26 AM
Perhaps you could add a final poll here? I had to vote 'maybe' on one of the previous threads, but my vote has changed to yes.

Soldier415
01-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Just got the all clear from the Commander in Chief (the wife), now I just need someone to cover my shift at the gun shop tomorrow night.

Its looking good though

Stormfeather
01-23-2008, 8:58 PM
Just got the all clear from the Commander in Chief (the wife), now I just need someone to cover my shift at the gun shop tomorrow night.

Its looking good though

I will see you there!

As so not to create confusion, I, (Stormfeather) will be there as will Dragonfly (Sandi).

ldivinag
01-23-2008, 9:24 PM
ummm how do we find this party?

do we ask for the gun nuts table???? ;)

artherd
01-23-2008, 9:58 PM
Oh, we'll be quite obvious! Biggest banquet room Izzy's has is reserved for us.

hoffmang
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM
We'll tell the front desk that they should send anyone looking for Calguns back to the event room.

-Gene

WolfMansDad
01-24-2008, 9:15 AM
Wish I could make it, but life is intruding on my hobbies right now.

Congratulations to all!

Soldier415
01-24-2008, 9:17 AM
What time are the "organizers" going to be there? I might be there as early as 530 as I am going to try and beat the traffic.

Oh well, they have a bar ;)

hoffmang
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
We'll probably be there around 6:30 at the earliest.

-Gene

USN CHIEF
01-24-2008, 3:44 PM
I am sad because I cannot go tonight to celebrate...

brassburnz
01-24-2008, 5:33 PM
The guests outta be arriving soon. Have a great time!

If by chance I should win the raffle for the lower, I wish to decline the acceptance of the lower so it can be raffled off again.

adamsreeftank
01-24-2008, 6:56 PM
I'm here, I'm hungry, and it's great to actually meet a lot of you guys.

Thanks for setting this up.

USN CHIEF
01-24-2008, 7:14 PM
Did I win?

the_quark
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Great party, everyone, was great to meet everyone. When they directed me back, I turned the corner and I was like, "this can't be it, there's too many people, it must be some other group!"

I headed home early since I have a meeting at oh-stupid-thirty tomorrow, and had to give Don a lift back, first.

Go Calguns!

blacklisted
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
That was great! The food was excellent and the restaurant staff were friendly. It was good finally meeting many of you.

FreedomIsNotFree
01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Just got home myself. Had to leave a bit earlier than I wanted to...newborn little girl needed me..:)

All in all, it was a great event...I'm glad I made it. It was really cool to put a face to the names..in most cases..;)

I want to thank Ben for putting the dinner together. The food/location was great, and I can honestly say the company was even better. Matt had a few things that were taken from him, replaced if you catch my drift. I know there were more than a few people that worked behind the scenes to make the evening what it was, so to all of you, THANK YOU!!

We need to have events like this more often. I think its great for the overall CalGuns.net community. I'll leave it to someone else to give a play by play of the evening, but again, it was a blast.

Till next time.

pullnshoot25
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I wish I could come, but alas! I have school and work. My best regards to Matt Corwin though, I've been rooting for and telling everyone about you since day 1!

Have fun guys!

PLINK
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Standing by for play by play.

I wish I could have been there.

blacklisted
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!

The Soup Nazi
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
School night....I'll leave the after action report to someone else...

Soldier415
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I was patted down for Jenkem at the door by Kestryll :D

hoffmang
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I think the .sig quote of the night was:

"Jenkem is the glue that holds Calguns together!"

Thanks everyone for all your efforts in throwing a hell of a party.

-Gene

redneckshootist
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
awsome party:D just got home it was great meating everyone. CALGUNS IS AWSOME!!!

FEDUPWBS
01-25-2008, 1:12 AM
Did you see the @$$ on our waitress?

ivanimal
01-25-2008, 1:18 AM
I had a great time meeting most of you for the first time and seeing old friends. My favorite picture of the night had to be BWO holding 3 replacement rifles the members here gave him, you guys rock. :DI am very content right now sitting in my office with BWO and Kestryll to my left talking and typing away. This is the best night I have had in a while.:) Dont these guys ever sleep?:p

JeffM
01-25-2008, 1:26 AM
Wish I could have been there to put faces to names. Glad you all had fun though. Best wishes to Matt and his new RKBA aquisitions

Maybe next time I'll be able to make it (Maybe a Heller celebration party?)

JeffM
01-25-2008, 1:27 AM

:useless:

Stormfeather
01-25-2008, 6:07 AM

her name was Jennifer! Did you see the shi**er on that critter!

Soldier415
01-25-2008, 6:17 AM
I think the .sig quote of the night was:

"Jenkem is the glue that holds Calguns together!"

Thanks everyone for all your efforts in throwing a hell of a party.

-Gene

That WAS one hell of a party. My wife called me at 915 and asked if I was almost done eating...had to tell her they JUST started serving the salads.

Poor Leo, he was stuck at a table with me and Stormfeather and we kept making him choke on his dinner.

The other quote of the night was the one about SAS staging a Coup last night because no one was minding the shop :D :D :D

trashman
01-25-2008, 6:53 AM
That was a great gathering last night...there were so many interesting conversations going on simultaneously -- the first sign of a good party. The part of my brain that processes verbal data has only caught up to about, oh, 9:30PM last night....

cheers-
Neill

Soldier415
01-25-2008, 6:57 AM
That was a great gathering last night...there were so many interesting conversations going on simultaneously -- the first sign of a good party. The part of my brain that processes verbal data has only caught up to about, oh, 9:30PM last night....

cheers-
Neill

Yeah, I caught a snippet of a LAWYER saying, "Now i'm not trying to piss anybody off." :D:p

USN CHIEF
01-25-2008, 7:07 AM
I was patted down for Jenkem at the door by Kestryll :D

Dang Soldier, you even got Kestryll involved in your extra curriculum activities already:eek: You waisted no time to go all the way to the top, just like you do it in the Army:eek: J/K, glad to hear that you all had alot of fun, wished I could have been there... Glad to hear that BWO got some nice gifts from the community...:)

Soldier415
01-25-2008, 7:08 AM
Dang Soldier, you even got Kestryll involved in your extra curriculum activities already:eek: You waisted no time to go all the way to the top, just like you do it in the Army:eek: J/K, glad to hear that you all had alot of fun, wished I could have been there... Glad to hear that BWO got some nice gifts from the community...:)

We missed ya there Chief. Me and Stormfeather were remarking that if you were there, the titillating trifecta of trouble would be complete.

USN CHIEF
01-25-2008, 7:15 AM
Trust me, I spent about 2 hours on tuesday trying to figure out a way to make it there and back but I just could not find a way... But next gathering I will be there..

Stormfeather
01-25-2008, 7:35 AM
heheheh, we were just talking about a taking a pic with us, and holding a sign that said. . . . "Chief, we're underway...where are you?"
But that would have been just wrong. . . . . .

USN CHIEF
01-25-2008, 7:41 AM
heheheh, we were just talking about a taking a pic with us, and holding a sign that said. . . . "Chief, we're underway...where are you?"
But that would have been just wrong. . . . . .

:puke: I would not doubt it that you guys rented a canoe just to call it "Underway":eek:

Soldier415
01-25-2008, 7:42 AM
:puke: I would not doubt it that you guys rented a canoe just to call it "Underway":eek:

Well, there was enough liqour flowing there to keep it afloat :D

JOEKILLA
01-25-2008, 8:26 AM
Glad to meet all of you guys there. Good food good crowd. We should do this again.

Left my camera at home. I wouldn't be able to post pics until EOB.

sc15
01-25-2008, 8:43 AM
Glad to put some faces to the (screen) names. You guys all rock.

I had a great time! :D

See you guys at a shoot sometime!

supersonic
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Had the best time in years. I was absolutely thrilled to meet all these "phantoms" that I communicate with via CalGuns everyday & put a face to a name. Kes, Ivan, Ben C., Stormfeather, Bill "Weese":p (always thought it was pronounced "wise"), Hoffmang, B.W.O., AnthonyManifesto (we took some interesting smoke breaks outside!!!;)), Chuck "Mishell" (always thought it was pronounced "Michael"-you learn something new every day! Chuck, BTW, was very cool & provided every one of us w/ some GREAT little "goodies - the "magnet" friggin' RULES!!!!), and, of course my hometown buddies that I came with, BobS & Toolbox X: (MAN can you hold your booze!!!!!!!!:smilielol5:). Plus, I'm SURE I'm leaving names out, but that's MY issue! (BRAIN DAMAGE from the 80's:p) Anyway, the event WILL go down in CalGuns history. The company was outstanding, as were the festivities/liquor/waitress's azz/ food ( the 2nd best steak I've EVER had in my lifetime-no bulls**t!-); and even the long drive home to Sacramento was made fun by a lot of comic relief & laughter! The night still has left me with a "happy glow" of sorts (and a pretty brutal hangover!!!) because of how fabulous the event was. Thank you, from the bottom of my black heart, too all that made it happen (sounds of applause - WAIT. OUCH. My head hurts. NO, my HAIR hurts!!!!!! - large amounts of Jack Daniel's will tend to do that to you!!!! But it was worth it.) Anyway, congrats to B.W.O./Milpitas Lowers/Ben Cannon & last, but not least....CALGUNS!!!! for such a wonderful night. Peace, guys!
Scott
P.S.- pics to come. Some didn't turn out, so it will be a few.:(

Soldier415
01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Please see this thread: The OFFICIAL Matt Corwin/Milpitas Lowers Party Recap

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=83947

:D

Posted all the pics I had

supersonic
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
See? Right there!!! I KNEW there was (IS/are/were) people I forgot! Damn JD!! What's up Soldier? It was fantastic meeting you. Peace.
Scott

mcubed4130
01-25-2008, 1:48 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It was very nice putting more names and faces together; I was also given the compliment by my wife; that you all were great people to hang out with and she got a laugh out of the "wife of Mcubed" nametag; as she didn't know how I even spelled my handle! ;)

Thanks to each of you for a great party last night.

-M3