PDA

View Full Version : Family transfer questions - interstate curios and relics

AlaskaGuy
10-02-2013, 1:08 PM
I've looked through the recent conversations about transfers and my questions don't seem to fit with any of the other answers.

Here goes. My father who is an Alaska resident, spends about half of his year in the Phoenix, AZ area. He would like to give my some of his extra firearms. He won't be coming to California (he hates the laws here and doesn't like the drive...). I would have to go get them.

Knowing the rules may be different for each firearm, here are the ones I'm asking about: a M1 Garand, a 1903 Springfield, a Mosin Nagant, and a M1917 S&W revolver. I see all of them are on the curios and relics list.

Additionally, my father has a FFL Curios and Relics license. Would this be made simpler if I also had a FFL Curios and Relics license?

timdps
10-02-2013, 3:11 PM
His C&R does not help here.

If you managed to get a C&R before 1/1/14, you could go to Az and pick them up without problems. After 1/1/14 you will need a C&R and a COE to have C&R rifles shipped to you, but you could go out of state and pick them up and then register them with DOJ within 5 days of your return as you now have to do with C&R handguns.

Tim

Tincon
10-02-2013, 3:34 PM
Are you ever a resident, even briefly, in AZ or AK?

AlaskaGuy
10-02-2013, 3:41 PM
Are you ever a resident, even briefly, in AZ or AK?

I used to live in Alaska, a long time ago. :(

Not a resident of either AZ or AK.